Halo 4 foam master chief (first build)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't you just love that helmet!? This is gunna look sweet bro really looking forward to its completion now. Once it's finished will we see other works from you?

If I may I will answer this seeing as I free to do so. The link IS the red stuff, 3mm foam. It's nickname is foamies or better known as craft foam. For the main foam you want EVA interlocking foam mats.

Don't you just love that helmet!? This is gunna look sweet bro really looking forward to its completion now. Once it's finished will we see other works from you?
Thanks, it means a lot from you. Due to my natural height of 6'4" I am drawn to master chief builds and hope to do a Forward unto Dawn suit. :)
Now im researching what types of material i should use, what do you think about this? http://shop.hobbylobby.com/products/12-x-18-black-eva-foam-sheet-3mm-288019/ and also what is the red crafting foam called maybe i can go later and pick some up. thank you!

If I may I will answer this seeing as I free to do so. The link IS the red stuff, 3mm foam. It's nickname is foamies or better known as craft foam. For the main foam you want EVA interlocking foam mats.

Drack is right, that link is to the craft foam I detail with, the inter locking floor mats are the main foam I use. I get mine from harbor freight and it's 10mm thick ( standard thickness for foam mats).

Wow this looks amazing! Can't wait to finish school so I can start really working on my own build. I think your build has made my decision final on making my armour out of foam.

Keep up the great work, can't wait to see it done!

I picked up 5 12x18 scheets of 3mm foam sheets. where could I find this foam that I should buy from harbor freight? looking around for 10mm interlocking eva foam mats. also got some glue. it says its all purpose adhesive for crafts hobbies and household repairs

Rpm if you check my Ironman build, click the link in my signature, you will see a list of the things needed for making foam suits, should save you some time :)

Just WOW! The paint job looks amazing! Are you going to put in battle damage, or just leave it looking new?
Definitely going for the worn look: washes, dents, and scratches. :)
I used mats I got at my local Harbor Freight, 4 for $9.99. They are the same size and thickness as those ones on amazon.
Your work is amazing!! Can't wait to see more as it progresses!
Thank you, all these compliments are really boosting me up and making me want to better my self with each piece. The reason I started with the feet is that as I get better I get higher up on the armor to more attention grabbing pieces :)

I was printing out the forearms and scaling them to my body and dont you need to switch the design around because of you left and right arms as well as thighs or am i just over thinking it?

I was printing out the forearms and scaling them to my body and dont you need to switch the design around because of you left and right arms as well as thighs or am i just over thinking it?

I printed out one side of everything, then I just flipped over the templets. I did it for the boots, shins, knees, thighs, and am going to do it for the arms too. There are little details on all the pieces that apply to the side it's on, and you already have the templet cut out so it's easy just to flip over.

I think im just going to try everything out and just hope everything is scaled to the proportions for my body. the thighs seem a little big but if they are too big ill just size them down but ok Mr. Skywalker u mean just printing and cutting them out like u would for the left and when you have your right just assemble it pretty much opposite

Yeah, when you print out the templet for one side, just cut it out and turn the paper over and now you have a templet for the opposite side.i would also strongly recommend scaling. It is very important to getting a suit right and saves a lot if time not having to adjust size latter which will make your build look bad. When you use pepakura viewer the best tool for scaling is your "measure distance" tool. You use it on the 3d model and you set up two points and it tells you the distance, then you just adjust accordingly.

I've finally finished all the little details on the helmet and the painting is all done. I'm holding off on weathering till I can do all the armor at relatively the same time. Today I'm plan on starting the other thigh piece and should be done in a day or two, then on to the forearms
image_zps57b63f15.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back