Halo 4 foam master chief (first build)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very, very nice finish. That's EVA foam, right? I've seen some great Mass Effect armor made with that material.

How much plastidip should i buy? Will the plastidip in the can clump and become uneven or should i go with the can. heading to lowes in the next half hour. Thank you (building the whole halo 4 foam suit besides helm) Thank you

I haven't been using plastidip, I've been using a couple coats of latex interior paint. Sorry I can't help much there but I've never used it.

hmm, well. you seem to be doing a good job so just go pick up some Latex interior paint? should it be white or black, gonna be painting my suit dary gray so. :D

hmm, well. you seem to be doing a good job so just go pick up some Latex interior paint? should it be white or black, gonna be painting my suit dary gray so. :D

I'd go black cause if any of your paint scratches off you won't have white showing but black so it will look like a natural scuff. The latex or plastidip under coat is less likely so scratch off. I bought white which I now regret because I am always having to touch up and scuffs.

I just painted it on, it self levels. I can't say about the latex though.

Time for an update! I finished both thigh pieces so now my legs are done. I started the forearms but I wasn't happy with any of the files out there, so I found the closest one and used it simply as the main structure. It's now a "blank canvas" to add all the foam detail I want from scratch
image_zpsdce849bc.jpg
image_zps2d56d419.jpg
image_zpsf53f7403.jpg

Just finished both forearms. Aside from the Christmas scheme I'm really pleased. I'll be printing out the biceps and shoulders tonight. In other news my base layers arrived today so I can start planning my custom under suit. Things are looking up. :)
image_zps4d29b921.jpg
image_zps2725c500.jpg
image_zps15095ce7.jpg
image_zps82036a30.jpg
image_zps43eee0d7.jpg

amazing work man. Great job on everything so far, can't wait to see how the chest and the undersuit come out.

Looks awesome! Really though, you have great foam skills, and I love seeing your progress. And you are at like the exact same building point as me because I'm also planning my undersuit! :p:D Can't wait to see moar!!

This is amazing! It may have just been started, but your work on it is just incredible! I love the colors youve detailed it with. Definitely makes it look even cooler, can't wait to see more!

I had the day off and was able to finish a lot. I finished both bicep pieces and had time to weather my helmet! Next I will be moving on to the shoulders and already have the templets printed out. The pics don't show the correct color of the helmet but its pretty close. :)
image_zpsfabcdf12.jpg
image_zpsf228c46f.jpg
image_zpscba9b16f.jpg
image_zps0b584eda.jpg
image_zps5fbe6a79.jpg

amazing work man. Great job on everything so far, can't wait to see how the chest and the undersuit come out.
Thanks, the chest piece and under suit will be some of the more difficult parts but will lend the most to the realism of it.
Looks awesome! Really though, you have great foam skills, and I love seeing your progress. And you are at like the exact same building point as me because I'm also planning my undersuit! :p:D Can't wait to see moar!!
I was looking at your update and saw all the armor finished. I hope mine looks even half that cool all put together.
This is amazing! It may have just been started, but your work on it is just incredible! I love the colors youve detailed it with. Definitely makes it look even cooler, can't wait to see more!
Thank you, I know it will all be painted over but it does look cool the way it stands out.
This looks really good! Keep it up
Thanks
Looking really good man! Is that helmet a Steven Lee cast?
Thanks, it's a cast I bought off of the rpf.com. I have been watching your build and am amazed. Your visor is AWSOME! I hope my chest piece looks as cool as the one your building, any pointers? :)

YAY more pics! Everything is looking really well Skywalker. Keep up the good work

Mini update! Finished the biceps/shoulders. Already printed out the cod and butt piece and will have more soon. Kickin' it in to high gear now!
P.S.
Kitnip,
You go on ahead... I'll catch up in a minute. :)
image_zps93e97d9f.jpg
image_zps443e0a89.jpg
image_zps4b8bccfc.jpg
image_zps0af29ab3.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back