Halo 4 Soldier Armor in Foam! WIP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caboose vs Grif

Member DIN
S737
Hello everyone! I have recently begun my new costume upon completing my Halo Reach costume! I will be creating the Halo 4 Soldier armor with the help of a few people! Some people I would like to thank are:

TheReconSpartan for building the chest piece for me (since I stink at scratch building :p )
AND
brokenvisr for helping create models of the leg pieces for me

Thanks guys! I will be painting the armor a dark blue with battle damage and blue LED lights. I dont know what to do about the undersuit yet, but I think I may try TheBradinator's method for it. I have the shoulders and bicep pieces completed and I will be moving on to the forearm pieces as soon as I get back from vacation. My goal for this build is to have minimal seams showing and to have the completed suit in time for NYCC 2014.
Here is the plan for my armor:

Spartan-Soldier-Blue-4-views_zpsf54de67b.jpg

701_max_zpsde241503.jpg

Also, could someone tell me the name of the wrist pieces? I cant seem to find them anywhere. Thanks for looking and I will have pictures up really soon!

Attachments

• Spartan-Soldier-Blue-4-views_zpsf54de67b.jpg
    Spartan-Soldier-Blue-4-views_zpsf54de67b.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 485
  • 701_max_zpsde241503.jpg
    701_max_zpsde241503.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 349
NEar as I can tell those are the Recruit forearms, or at least that's the closest in-game forearm type. Considering there is no armor piece that puts pounches on the thigh plates, either, it's not too far a stretch to suggest that this figure's armor could very well be based on early concept designs rather than the final released versions. Which means you might have to free-hand it, or find whatever's closest and modify it.

Good luck :D

Thanks! :D

NEar as I can tell those are the Recruit forearms, or at least that's the closest in-game forearm type. Considering there is no armor piece that puts pounches on the thigh plates, either, it's not too far a stretch to suggest that this figure's armor could very well be based on early concept designs rather than the final released versions. Which means you might have to free-hand it, or find whatever's closest and modify it.

I have commissioned brokenvisr to make a model of the leg pieces for me so I am all set! And thank you for the name of the forearm pieces!

Well, the files are all unfolded! I will begin making the armor this weekend starting with the shins, codpiece, and buttplate. These files are pretty well unfolded.

1-1_zps4a39db98.jpg

2-1_zps85714f46.jpg

3-2_zpsa9c184f6.jpg

5_zps28c425ce.jpg

My only problem is with the boots, but brokenvisr has offered to unfold them for free. I have found a way to get very game accurate sized pieces that fit you. The method I used for scaling is here:

http://www.405th.com/showthread.php/25588-How-to-Scale-Your-Armour-Tutorial-V-2

I have bought a voice amplifier to attach to a belt so I can actually be heard through the helmet :p I am also thinking of investing in a MeCam. It runs at about $60 and is a camera that is the size of a Gatorade bottle cap. With the MeCam I can record a spartans-eye view of NYCC or any other con I go to.

Thanks for looking!

Attachments

• 5_zps28c425ce.jpg
    5_zps28c425ce.jpg
    21.8 KB · Views: 208
  • 3-2_zpsa9c184f6.jpg
    3-2_zpsa9c184f6.jpg
    22.8 KB · Views: 225
  • 2-1_zps85714f46.jpg
    2-1_zps85714f46.jpg
    17.2 KB · Views: 273
  • 1-1_zps4a39db98.jpg
    1-1_zps4a39db98.jpg
    23.2 KB · Views: 241
That would be pretty darn cool if you had the amplifier and camera; would you upload a video of the "Spartan's eye view" to YouTube, or does it take pictures only? Either way I think it's a fantastic idea. I wish you the best of luck! Can't wait to see the final product :D

That would be pretty darn cool if you had the amplifier and camera; would you upload a video of the "Spartan's eye view" to YouTube, or does it take pictures only? Either way I think it's a fantastic idea. I wish you the best of luck! Can't wait to see the final product :D

Thanks! I would upload a video of the "Spartan's eye view" to YouTube. :)

UPDATE!:

I have the shins done and I will have the codpiece done by tomorrow or Monday. I will post pictures tomorrow. I do have one question. Do you think I will be able to paint my foam armor pieces with a paint compressor after I plasti-dip them? I know that a paint compressor uses paint thinner, so I don't know if that will have any reaction with the plasti-dip. Thanks!

Thanks! I would upload a video of the "Spartan's eye view" to YouTube. :)

UPDATE!:

I have the shins done and I will have the codpiece done by tomorrow or Monday. I will post pictures tomorrow. I do have one question. Do you think I will be able to paint my foam armor pieces with a paint compressor after I plasti-dip them? I know that a paint compressor uses paint thinner, so I don't know if that will have any reaction with the plasti-dip. Thanks!

Can't wait to see how this is going to look! I as well decided to do a suit of Halo 4 armor, even though I am not that big of a fan of 343's armors. And about the Paint Compressor, you shouldbeableto use it. It shouldn't containt paint thinner.

Considering there is no armor piece that puts pounches on the thigh plates, either, it's not too far a stretch to suggest that this figure's armor could very well be based on early concept designs rather than the final released versions.

Well I know for a fact that the thigh armor with the pouches was the "Soldier" leg armor that was cut from the game. I think it's the same with the forearms.

Good luck with your build Caboose vs Grif!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back