Halo 4 Spartan IV under armor and utility suit

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sorry if this is no use to anyone but id like to post this1
halo_4_undersuit_by_haloman5678-d5u2tl0.jpg

http://www.deviantart.com/download/352851012/halo_4_undersuit_by_haloman5678-d5u2tl0.rar It was made in this program http://www.pixologic.com/sculptris/ and can also be used in zbrush (sorry if none of this makes sence) i used the exo-suit picture James_005 made as reference, but i made my own shoes :)

http://www.deviantart.com/download/352851012/halo_4_undersuit_by_haloman5678-d5u2tl0.rar It was made in this program http://www.pixologic.com/sculptris/ and can also be used in zbrush (sorry if none of this makes sence) i used the exo-suit picture James_005 made as reference, but i made my own shoes :)

Thanks for your hard work on this Furryfox, much appreciated. I'm sure it will help some out there with an actual model to play with!

As for the screenshots for Pappa Midnight, I haven't forgotten you! I do have them on USB but unfortunately my PC is currently sick (reformatted 4 times) so I haven't been able to extract them to upload. I'll be sure to let you know once they're hosted for you.

I have dye sublimation prices for my spandex undersuit, so I'll be needing to create a bigger version of my "rubber texture" that I've already done (LINK HERE). This pic is only A4 size (22cmx18cm), I need to make the version I'm printing 220cmx120cm :)

If going with a wet suit, I'd go with a 2 or 3mm. These are mainly designed for diving in tropical waters, or moderate temperature waters (65*F or higher). i've got a 5mm that I use in pools for teaching classes and I'm burning up out of the water. You could also integrate a cooling system like MEDENGs bomb suit undersuit. Basically thin walled tubing, combined with a battery powered water pump and a sealed bucket filled with ice water. It's also the same concept for thermal control of astranauts.

So can this file be turned into an OBj. or .Blend file if so this would be perfect. I could finish the feet myself.

Hey Morphine, do you also have any in game pics of a female undersuit. i figured that as long as I am puting together a Male suit I may as well put together a female version. we cant exclude the ladies. I believe that the diferences in details are small but i would still like to try and add them to them suit.?

Hey guys great ideas. I made this last night and was going to start a new thread then came across this one. I'm probably not going to make this so I thought you might find it useful. I photoshopped a bunch of screen shots together to make this and took some liberties with the pants since there aren't any shots of the lower legs.. same with the sides of the back.

-James-

L4uQ7.jpg

link to hi-res http://i.imgur.com/L4uQ7.jpg

Hey James a female version of the leisure suit would be awesome. I would like to model one and make it available for download.

Hey Morphine, do you also have any in game pics of a female undersuit. i figured that as long as I am puting together a Male suit I may as well put together a female version. we cant exclude the ladies. I believe that the diferences in details are small but i would still like to try and add them to them suit.?

Hi PM,

I don't have any in-game shots of the female undersuit. I'm not sure when I'll be able to get to organising this as I'm very busy doing the last touches to my prep work to start on my undersuit. I've had to reinstall my PC from scratch thanks to faulty hardware so it'll take some time to get back up to speed again.

Hi PM,

I don't have any in-game shots of the female undersuit. I'm not sure when I'll be able to get to organising this as I'm very busy doing the last touches to my prep work to start on my undersuit. I've had to reinstall my PC from scratch thanks to faulty hardware so it'll take some time to get back up to speed again.

thats cool man, It will probably be a whie before i get a male undersuit 3dmodel that i can use. so take your time. I know that i ask for the front back and side views a while back, but if those were female pics instead that would be awesome.

hey morpine i got the male pep file already done so forget the males. its time to show the famale members some love. I need the refernce images of the female undersuit so that I can get them over to Warlok to model while hes HOT.

29634_169147086564547_1178469663_n.jpg

Alright so here's the deal, This image here was only for me to practice getting a schematic from movie details. So if any of you guys want as bad as me to see the real deal ( the actual Spartan IV undersuit brought to life ) , well, my friends, it biggins by plans... And it happens that I volounteer to provide the comunity of such plans... If ever the comunity even want my plans xD. I will do that on my spare time for myself anyway, but if anyone ( agin ) wants such plans, the more you ask, the faster I provide you guys those :)

Here is the finished exo suit I made. Enjoy

eNCj5.jpg

link to hi-res http://i.imgur.com/eNCj5.jpg

-James-

Drool... erywhere. Not sure who said it - but yes, if I had an undersuit the likes of which you guise are talking about, would strut dat sh*t by itself - because a-freakin-mazing :L

Hey all - new to forum and undertaking the Orbital Armor build from Halo 4 with custom undersuit. I've been doing tons of research and reading and here's my thoughts on an approach

- it cant be neophrene. Doesnt breathe. But the embossed neophrene is so badass and perfect. It just doesnt breathe. Also you have to order in bulk. So unless we all go in on an order of 1000 yards or something, it isnt worth it.
- i dont think its a honeycomb/hex pattern. Its close. But it looks more ovular. It wont matter too much, but for the perfectionists out there it might.
- i think the suit requires three layers - a base layer, a layer of foam padding cut into the key pieces of exposed undersuit and then sew in between to give a raised effect with top colored/textured layer. So it's a sandwich, but is all sewn together so it's one suit. Bottom layer is ultra lightweight spandex, top layer is three kinds of fabric - marine vinyl, and two different tones of spandex (depending on your color scheme). Those top two layers of spandex need to be painted with a hex or ovular hex pattern (stencil, but the stencil needs to be a negative to be just the lines, tricky to do, or you use a positive, just the hexes cut out with the lines left and you use the underlying fabric as the color for the lines) so light under color, positive stencil with a dark color on top, yields a dark looking fabric with lighter lines.
- my rationale for spandex is: needs to be tight, well muscular/look like it has armor pieces, and breathable. Also i think the added benefits of an embossed neophrene would be amazing, however, you'd sweat your balls off. For those that are neophrene interested, google "stomatex". Breathable and embossed by default. Also i think neophrene would be hard to work with as I'm new to sewing and stuff.
- lastly, embellishments/accents are sewn/fabric glued on to of the suit.

This is the best i could come up with unless you want to sculpt/mold in rubber like a batman suit (no time/skill for that). I'm still making my pattern and such but will be starting sewing shirtly after. I'm new to sewing as I've said to I'm probably going to do a craigslist post and pay a seamstress $20 for a consultation or something. I don't have the link to my Orbital post (on phone) but just search for Orbital Armor.

Thoughts?

(Sorry for formatting, I'm mobile)

Does anyone else own or ride motorcycles or dirtbikes? The reason i ask because they make riding armor with a material called D30. Its shock absorbing, and already comes premade into tops and bottoms. Some of them actually look like they could be utilized as a base layer for your undersuit. Possibly one like....this?

Icon-D30-Motorcycle-Armor-Stryker-Rig.jpg

Hey all - new to forum and undertaking the Orbital Armor build from Halo 4 with custom undersuit. I've been doing tons of research and reading and here's my thoughts on an approach

- it cant be neophrene. Doesnt breathe. But the embossed neophrene is so badass and perfect. It just doesnt breathe. Also you have to order in bulk. So unless we all go in on an order of 1000 yards or something, it isnt worth it.
- i dont think its a honeycomb/hex pattern. Its close. But it looks more ovular. It wont matter too much, but for the perfectionists out there it might.
- i think the suit requires three layers - a base layer, a layer of foam padding cut into the key pieces of exposed undersuit and then sew in between to give a raised effect with top colored/textured layer. So it's a sandwich, but is all sewn together so it's one suit. Bottom layer is ultra lightweight spandex, top layer is three kinds of fabric - marine vinyl, and two different tones of spandex (depending on your color scheme). Those top two layers of spandex need to be painted with a hex or ovular hex pattern (stencil, but the stencil needs to be a negative to be just the lines, tricky to do, or you use a positive, just the hexes cut out with the lines left and you use the underlying fabric as the color for the lines) so light under color, positive stencil with a dark color on top, yields a dark looking fabric with lighter lines.
- my rationale for spandex is: needs to be tight, well muscular/look like it has armor pieces, and breathable. Also i think the added benefits of an embossed neophrene would be amazing, however, you'd sweat your balls off. For those that are neophrene interested, google "stomatex". Breathable and embossed by default. Also i think neophrene would be hard to work with as I'm new to sewing and stuff.
- lastly, embellishments/accents are sewn/fabric glued on to of the suit.

This is the best i could come up with unless you want to sculpt/mold in rubber like a batman suit (no time/skill for that). I'm still making my pattern and such but will be starting sewing shirtly after. I'm new to sewing as I've said to I'm probably going to do a craigslist post and pay a seamstress $20 for a consultation or something. I don't have the link to my Orbital post (on phone) but just search for Orbital Armor.

Thoughts?

(Sorry for formatting, I'm mobile)

Has anyone had any luck finding this stomatex material? After reading about it and googling it, all I can find is the manufacturer website, stomatex.com. To me this seems like the best thing for an under suit. It's neoprene yet it breathes. Its pretty awesome. But all I can find is stuff that companies have made using the stuff. I emailed the manufacturer to get a quote on friday the 16th but obviously won't hear anything until the monday the 19th, which is annoying...Has anyone else even tried?

This is crap!

Has anyone had any luck finding this stomatex material? After reading about it and googling it, all I can find is the manufacturer website, stomatex.com. To me this seems like the best thing for an under suit. It's neoprene yet it breathes. Its pretty awesome. But all I can find is stuff that companies have made using the stuff. I emailed the manufacturer to get a quote on friday the 16th but obviously won't hear anything until the monday the 19th, which is annoying...Has anyone else even tried?

Ok so I never heard back from Stomatex. I've emailed them again but I honestly don't expect a reply. It was suggested that I just email them every day until they do reply, which I'll probably do. However, If someone on here is from Liverpool then they could just go there to them and let us all know the details. It would be awesome if this would happen. BUT, I don't expect this to happen either. My guess is that they might not sell to individuals, but it could just be that they suck balls at customer service...who knows.

If that helps, for my undersuit, I'm using thermal top/pants
(found at Walmart in the underwear section for about 10$ each)
The pattern is square instead of ex but that's the cheapest and closest I found so far!

If that helps, for my undersuit, I'm using thermal top/pants
(found at Walmart in the underwear section for about 10$ each)
The pattern is square instead of ex but that's the cheapest and closest I found so far!
Do you have a picture?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back