Halo 4 Warthog

Status
Not open for further replies.
and i fond this :)
[video]http://halo.xbox.com/en-us/intel/featured/video/halo-warthog-in-forza-4/456b0790-45c5-4be3-a8a0-624edb5bcbac[/video]

Cortana walks you through some of the finer points of the 2554 M12 FAV (Force Application Vehichle) "Warthog" coming your way in the upcoming Forza Motorsport 4.

Its final , Halo 4 takes place in 2554 !

Its final , Halo 4 takes place in 2554 !
Seriously, Jake, I don't see how you extrapolate all these facts. It seems more likely to me, in 2554, the UNSC updated the M12 FAV design, which had remained almost entirely unchanged, during a 25-year-long war, than Halo 4, with only 2553 and earlier equipment available to the story, anyway, happening in 2554.

I hate the turret, that being said I'm now pre-ordering Forza 4 right now...

it would be cool if we had customization like their normal vehicles? would be something awesome to see/have.

I wonder if this will be another trade like DOA and Halo did back in the Halo 3 days. If they get a hog, what will we get from Forza? Doubtful anything, but its always open for possibility.

I'm a die hard warthog fan almost as much as halo itself. I love the new design, the Halogen Spot light, the Jerry cans, role cage, the bars and handles, hood locks and hooks, and the interior is incredible. The parts i don't like are the hood which has very little detail and how angular the hull is, as well as the drive system now looking like a traditional modern day axle situation, it looks cool but that's not how a warthog should be to me at least. I'm not sure who had the larger part in design here, 343 or the team behind Forza.

This model is just the high poly render and not the final game model, we might see changes later on.

I'm very exited to see how the traditional warthog driving style and controls will translate into a racing game like forza.

I hate the turret, that being said I'm now pre-ordering Forza 4 right now...

it would be cool if we had customization like their normal vehicles? would be something awesome to see/have.

I wonder if this will be another trade like DOA and Halo did back in the Halo 3 days. If they get a hog, what will we get from Forza? Doubtful anything, but its always open for possibility.

I'm a die hard warthog fan almost as much as halo itself. I love the new design, the Halogen Spot light, the Jerry cans, role cage, the bars and handles, hood locks and hooks, and the interior is incredible. The parts i don't like are the hood which has very little detail and how angular the hull is, as well as the drive system now looking like a traditional modern day axle situation, it looks cool but that's not how a warthog should be to me at least. I'm not sure who had the larger part in design here, 343 or the team behind Forza.

This model is just the high poly render and not the final game model, we might see changes later on.

Lol!Maybe you guys are gona get a batmobile. XD

I'm very exited to see how the traditional warthog driving style and controls will translate into a racing game like forza.

You understand you are not going to be able to drive the Warthog in Forza 4 right? This is a hidden easter egg in the game for some cross-game marketing.

It would be cool if the easter egg was triggered by playing the Halo main title over speakers so the Kinect can hear it and that pops this up.

You understand you are not going to be able to drive the Warthog in Forza 4 right? This is a hidden easter egg in the game for some cross-game marketing.

It would be cool if the easter egg was triggered by playing the Halo main title over speakers so the Kinect can hear it and that pops this up.

Yea, read it in wired not long after. I think its kinda stupid to put all that effort onto something that you just look at, even more when you consider the fact that not all Forza players play Halo let alone want to see one in Forza. Honestly i think its a bad easter egg because the fan base between Halo and Forza don't transition too well and its just an annoying ploy to get people to buy into Halo that haven't already, and sell Forza to Halo fans because i know theirs some issues with Forza and cars available (No Porsch).

I was hoping for at least being able to drive it as an easter egg on even one map, not to buy but just to drive. I was so annoyed by this it actually made me "FacePalm" and it takes a special kind of stupid to do that.

That being said i was buying Forza anyways but i'll just wait a few days to pick up a used copy after release, or just buy the standard copy the day after.

lol Face Palm ;p

I'm not going to buy forza but I like the fact that even though it's not playable Microsoft is finally realizinge that they can cross game their proprietary games. I'd love to see something like someone playing Age of Empires on a computer in Halo 4, or a Mark 4 prototype in the Gears of war Armor under "rejected due to budget restrictions". Those kind of things always make me laugh.

Wait, it's not drivable? What the actual -blam!-? I mean, I'm gonna buy Forza 4, anyway, because I enjoyed 3, but come on, man! That's the most useless easter egg ever!

Wait, it's not drivable? What the actual -blam!-? I mean, I'm gonna buy Forza 4, anyway, because I enjoyed 3, but come on, man! That's the most useless easter egg ever!

Traditionally, easter eggs are useless. They are just something someone throws in to have fun with a program or game but not actually affect it. I think you are confusing them with secret or hidden items.

hmm the halo encyclepedia said it was the M12 ARV or Armored Recon Vechile not the FAV, and i don't see where it has changed much myself at least in the base design, sure there are a few more items that were added but that would be because they have a newer game engine that can take all the detail, and i don't like the turret either mostly because of the gatling gun thing, i think they made it like that 4 looks, i think it should've looked like the vulcan cannon...

Traditionally, easter eggs are useless. They are just something someone throws in to have fun with a program or game but not actually affect it. I think you are confusing them with secret or hidden items.
I meant cross-promotion. It's a useless cross-promotion
hmm the halo encyclepedia said it was the M12 ARV or Armored Recon Vechile not the FAV, and i don't see where it has changed much myself at least in the base design, sure there are a few more items that were added but that would be because they have a newer game engine that can take all the detail, and i don't like the turret either mostly because of the gatling gun thing, i think they made it like that 4 looks, i think it should've looked like the vulcan cannon...
The Warthog is officially the M12 Force Application Vehicle, according to the Halo Encyclopedia, and all present media. There are several variants with different names (LRV/LAAV/etc) but the base vehicle is M12 FAV.

On another note, a Vulcan cannon is a gatling gun with an electric motor, instead of a crank.

If it were a drivable car I would expect a gunner on the back. I doubt the other drivers would appreciate that.

trust me, someone with mod the game so u can drive it, or the rage they will get they will make it so u can drive it

Too bad... I was hoping I would get the chance to shoot other vehicles...

Who knows? Maybe Microsoft and 343i will lend the Hog to series' like Twisted Metal! I joke, but that would be the best idea, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back