Halo 5 Agent Locke Pre-game Build: Photo Updates and stuff!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Halo 5 Agent Locke Pre-game Full Build: Helmet [Undersuit Torso ALMOST COMPLETE!]

Its SEWING time!!!
All pieces for the arms at the ready for final step.

Agent%20Locke%20Undersuit%20Step%2085_zpsm7wweegl.jpg

Attachments

• Agent%20Locke%20Undersuit%20Step%2085_zpsm7wweegl.jpg
    Agent%20Locke%20Undersuit%20Step%2085_zpsm7wweegl.jpg
    116.2 KB · Views: 233
Re: Halo 5 Agent Locke Pre-game Full Build: Helmet [Undersuit Torso ALMOST COMPLETE!]

I don't know if there's anyone on here with better sewing-oriented projects than yours...

Yeah, your sewing skills are great!

I don't know if there's anyone on here with better sewing-oriented projects than yours...

Yeah, your sewing skills are great!

Thanks guys :) Though there are heaps of people better than me at sewing.
The only tip I can give is if you have sewing to complete and have the money, buy a sewing machine. They are super handy, and time saving.

Now for an update:

One arm complete [minus final touch-ups]
Now to finish the other one.

I was originally going to attach the arm piece to the torso piece by a zip, but after a bit of testing this in no longer the case.
The piece stays in place without the need of the zip so therefore if I added the zip it would just reduce my moveability.
The shoulder pad / shoulder armour will hide the small gap anyway :)

Agent%20Locke%20Undersuit%20Step%2086_zpsh78vcoqq.jpg

Agent%20Locke%20Undersuit%20Step%2086b_zpse8tm8rpn.jpg

On a second note:
I have almost completed my 1st electronics circuit, I just need to get the power source installed correctly.

Agent%20Locke%20Electronics%20Step%204_zpsr5xhh2rv.jpg

.................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ..................................................

EDIT:

And then there was 2.... finally :p
Now to do that thing called sleep.

Agent%20Locke%20Undersuit%20Step%2087_zpssdi9t32h.jpg

Attachments

• Agent%20Locke%20Undersuit%20Step%2086_zpsh78vcoqq.jpg
    Agent%20Locke%20Undersuit%20Step%2086_zpsh78vcoqq.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 224
  • Agent%20Locke%20Undersuit%20Step%2086b_zpse8tm8rpn.jpg
    Agent%20Locke%20Undersuit%20Step%2086b_zpse8tm8rpn.jpg
    80 KB · Views: 237
  • Agent%20Locke%20Electronics%20Step%204_zpsr5xhh2rv.jpg
    Agent%20Locke%20Electronics%20Step%204_zpsr5xhh2rv.jpg
    115.6 KB · Views: 215
  • Agent%20Locke%20Undersuit%20Step%2087_zpssdi9t32h.jpg
    Agent%20Locke%20Undersuit%20Step%2087_zpssdi9t32h.jpg
    113.1 KB · Views: 230

looking cool

looking cool

Its moments like this when you realise just how much time you have spent building. Just got to do a few more touchups with the arms and attach the final pieces to the waist. My next update will be my last on the undersuit. :)

Agent%20Locke%20Undersuit%20Step%2089_zpsau2nws9n.jpg

Attachments

• Agent%20Locke%20Undersuit%20Step%2089_zpsau2nws9n.jpg
    Agent%20Locke%20Undersuit%20Step%2089_zpsau2nws9n.jpg
    105.2 KB · Views: 227
Re: Halo 5 Agent Locke Pre-game Full Build: Undersuit Nearing Completion

Looking great as always mate :-D

Dude this is one heck of an undersuit! I do have a question to pose though; how 'breathable' is it? I know I'm adapting a pressure suit for my Locke build...which I need to pull out of necro now that I've gotten a chance to build again, but anyways I know I tend to get pretty dang warm with out cooling shirts etc. especially once the EVA starts going into place. Do you have any idea how warm yours is going to be?

Looking great as always mate :-D

Thanks man :)

Dude this is one heck of an undersuit! I do have a question to pose though; how 'breathable' is it? I know I'm adapting a pressure suit for my Locke build...which I need to pull out of necro now that I've gotten a chance to build again, but anyways I know I tend to get pretty dang warm with out cooling shirts etc. especially once the EVA starts going into place. Do you have any idea how warm yours is going to be?

It is pretty breathable. The main issue atm though is heat. I am currently wearing exercise tights under the undersuit to help with moisture.
In the end its just something I will have to get used too.
All in the act of cosplay :)

ITS DONE!!! [Minus a few adjustments / electronics at a later stage]

Agent%20Locke%20Undersuit%20Step%2091_zpsj1kub0he.jpg

Agent%20Locke%20Undersuit%20Step%2091b_zpseceaq3u9.jpg

Agent%20Locke%20Undersuit%20Step%2091c_zpski9yzfej.jpg

-Takes about 5min to put on.
-It is reasonably comfortable, but the more I wear it the more comfortable it will get]
-It is a little tight for now which makes walking up stairs a little tricky. Walking down them is fine though.
-Running is lets just say I can if need be...
-Wearing it in hot weather would be like turning on the heater on a hot day, but it will be worth it.

The undersuit is made up of 7 different pieces.
The torso is the main piece.
The arms clip to the underside of the shoulder pads.
The gloves are put on like normal gloves.
The legs connect to the waist by 2 separate de-attachable zips.
The boots are basically boots.

Time to sit this aside and begin building some armour :)

.................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ..................................................

EDIT:

The armour building has begun.
One extra bonus about the undersuit being complete is that it makes armour scaling super easy now :)

Agent%20Locke%20Handplates%20Step%201b_zpsgc4uaw3p.jpg

Agent%20Locke%20Forearms%20Step%202_zpslrb2jtda.jpg

Agent%20Locke%20Forearms%20Step%201_zpssm09i9dn.jpg

Agent%20Locke%20Forearms%20Step%201b_zpsu2zsakmd.jpg

Attachments

• Agent%20Locke%20Undersuit%20Step%2091_zpsj1kub0he.jpg
    Agent%20Locke%20Undersuit%20Step%2091_zpsj1kub0he.jpg
    149.3 KB · Views: 227
  • Agent%20Locke%20Undersuit%20Step%2091c_zpski9yzfej.jpg
    Agent%20Locke%20Undersuit%20Step%2091c_zpski9yzfej.jpg
    151 KB · Views: 221
  • Agent%20Locke%20Undersuit%20Step%2091b_zpseceaq3u9.jpg
    Agent%20Locke%20Undersuit%20Step%2091b_zpseceaq3u9.jpg
    106.2 KB · Views: 229
  • Agent%20Locke%20Forearms%20Step%202_zpslrb2jtda.jpg
    Agent%20Locke%20Forearms%20Step%202_zpslrb2jtda.jpg
    292.6 KB · Views: 363
  • Agent%20Locke%20Handplates%20Step%201b_zpsgc4uaw3p.jpg
    Agent%20Locke%20Handplates%20Step%201b_zpsgc4uaw3p.jpg
    231.6 KB · Views: 219
  • Agent%20Locke%20Forearms%20Step%201_zpssm09i9dn.jpg
    Agent%20Locke%20Forearms%20Step%201_zpssm09i9dn.jpg
    220.9 KB · Views: 353
  • Agent%20Locke%20Forearms%20Step%201b_zpsu2zsakmd.jpg
    Agent%20Locke%20Forearms%20Step%201b_zpsu2zsakmd.jpg
    213.6 KB · Views: 228
Re: Halo 5 Agent Locke Pre-game Full Build: Undersuit COMPLETE!!!

This is a delight. It's this level of armour build that makes me want to try it, but for it to be useful to me I'd really need to build it for a SPARTAN-proportioned model, which I do have access to, but not enough access to build around them for weeks. Instead I live vicariously through these builds!

Are you gonna build his trademark battle rifle next? It looks like he's canonically used every model of BR there is, so you have options there.

Re: Halo 5 Agent Locke Pre-game Full Build: Undersuit COMPLETE!!!

This is a delight. It's this level of armour build that makes me want to try it, but for it to be useful to me I'd really need to build it for a SPARTAN-proportioned model, which I do have access to, but not enough access to build around them for weeks. Instead I live vicariously through these builds!

Are you gonna build his trademark battle rifle next? It looks like he's canonically used every model of BR there is, so you have options there.

Thankyou man that means alot to me :)
At this present point of time I won't be building a battle rifle to go with the suit. I am planning to build a Halo 5 Lightrifle, and Halo 5 Magnum.
Also if I tried to build a battle rifle, it would look nowhere as awesome as yours is :) I also plan to have both weapons attach to the suit by military grade magnets known as 'Jacket Brackets'.

Guess who just completed their 1st El Wire Circuit for my Agent Locke Suit :) 1st time working with electronics for a costume, super pumped to install this into the undersuit and armour. Now to make the other 5...

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Halo 5 Agent Locke Pre-game Full Build: Undersuit and Electronic Circuit COMPLETE

Ah, going with the "playable character" loadout, eh? The lightrifle is pretty sexy, gotta admit. I was considering doing that or the railgun for a while, but I doubt I'm doing another Halo rifle for quite some time though, hahah!

And, obviously, make sure your guns are heavy duty enough for the magnets; strong magnets might not want to separate and you'll snap the model in half getting it off your suit! :O Maybe build them over a light steel tube skeleton or something. I have some tiny 9.5x3mm disc magnets for fastening the removable parts together and they start interacting at 3"- and according to the literature, max out at 2kg of force... Military grade might be overkill unless you're literally running and diving around with a 5kg weapon (which would be super uncomfortable for cons).

Re: Halo 5 Agent Locke Pre-game Full Build: Undersuit and Electronic Circuit COMPLETE

Ah, going with the "playable character" loadout, eh? The lightrifle is pretty sexy, gotta admit. I was considering doing that or the railgun for a while, but I doubt I'm doing another Halo rifle for quite some time though, hahah!

And, obviously, make sure your guns are heavy duty enough for the magnets; strong magnets might not want to separate and you'll snap the model in half getting it off your suit! :O Maybe build them over a light steel tube skeleton or something. I have some tiny 9.5x3mm disc magnets for fastening the removable parts together and they start interacting at 3"- and according to the literature, max out at 2kg of force... Military grade might be overkill unless you're literally running and diving around with a 5kg weapon (which would be super uncomfortable for cons).

Thanks for the tips :)
Don't worry I had a friend use these type of magnets for his Halo sniper rifle to attach to the back of his chest piece.
He has basically done all the testing for me, and I'm pretty much just using the same idea. :)
As for reinforcement, I will most likely have supports inside the weapon itself.
Going to be making this one out of foam again, and at a later stage make one out of wood to mold.

Time for another update but this time it is armour related.

Got both forearms complete today.
Planning to have a piece of armour built every 2 days [minus the chest]
Next up the shoulders.
26days left to Melbourne Supanova...

Agent%20Locke%20Forearms%20Step%203c_zpsmt7b9pcm.jpg

Agent%20Locke%20Forearms%20Step%203_zpsobicgmg2.jpg

Agent%20Locke%20Forearms%20Step%204_zpsnjuippxt.jpg

Agent%20Locke%20Forearms%20Step%205_zpsqeblmhal.jpg

Attachments

• Agent%20Locke%20Forearms%20Step%203c_zpsmt7b9pcm.jpg
    Agent%20Locke%20Forearms%20Step%203c_zpsmt7b9pcm.jpg
    195.4 KB · Views: 266
  • Agent%20Locke%20Forearms%20Step%204_zpsnjuippxt.jpg
    Agent%20Locke%20Forearms%20Step%204_zpsnjuippxt.jpg
    258.9 KB · Views: 246
  • Agent%20Locke%20Forearms%20Step%203_zpsobicgmg2.jpg
    Agent%20Locke%20Forearms%20Step%203_zpsobicgmg2.jpg
    220.4 KB · Views: 264
  • Agent%20Locke%20Forearms%20Step%205_zpsqeblmhal.jpg
    Agent%20Locke%20Forearms%20Step%205_zpsqeblmhal.jpg
    258.5 KB · Views: 232

That is by far the sexiest undersuit I have seen yet, serious skills man!!!

Did you happen to see the new Teaser Trailer you can see more of what his back looks like.

That is by far the sexiest undersuit I have seen yet, serious skills man!!!

Thankyou very much :)
I am glad with how it turned out.

Did you happen to see the new Teaser Trailer you can see more of what his back looks like.

If you mean this then yes, but thankyou though :)

Untitled4_zpsnwbbtusn.png

Update time!
Went from templates to having the lower shouldering almost complete tonight :) Tomorrow the shoulders will be done.

Agent%20Locke%20Shoulders%20Step%203_zpsrtizrcyp.gif

Agent%20Locke%20Shoulders%20Step%201_zps7wldjmve.gif

Agent%20Locke%20Shoulders%20Step%202_zpscsmad8jy.gif

Agent%20Locke%20Shoulders%20Step%201c_zpscz5yvxp2.gif

EDIT:

Lower shouldering complete.
Now to do the shoulder pad armour.
Did some movement tests and it works perfectly.
Unlike my last halo armour the shoulder and forearm pieces don't rub against each other when bending my arms. :)

Agent%20Locke%20Shoulders%20Step%204.2_zpsjlxzeppq%20%20.jpg

Attachments

• Untitled4_zpsnwbbtusn.png
    Untitled4_zpsnwbbtusn.png
    615.9 KB · Views: 243
  • Agent%20Locke%20Shoulders%20Step%204.2_zpsjlxzeppq%20%20.jpg
    Agent%20Locke%20Shoulders%20Step%204.2_zpsjlxzeppq%20%20.jpg
    14 KB · Views: 247

With the shoulders complete it was time for another movement test. While building these shoulder pads I kept thinking the design is too forward but after this test I can see that Agent Locke's Armour is very well engineered :)

Agent%20Locke%20Shoulders%20Step%205b_zpsdrxm6zta.gif

Agent%20Locke%20Shoulders%20Step%205c_zpsz01jfy2j.gif

Agent%20Locke%20Shoulders%20Step%206b_zpsgabgjmxn.gif

Next up is the boots...
23 days to go.

My goodness do you work fast! But never skimping out on the quality. This is really going to be one heck of a suit, I'm pumped.

My goodness do you work fast! But never skimping out on the quality. This is really going to be one heck of a suit, I'm pumped.

I've got a schedule to keep to so have to get it done. :)
Thankyou, I am hoping so.

Another 2 days = another piece of armour complete.
This time it is the boots!
I plan to permanently attach these to the undersuit boots. [Once attached these will stay in the correct shape :)]

PS: Ran out of blue craft foam so its onto the red :p

Agent%20Locke%20Boots%20Step%201b_zpsw8xkw0cx.jpg

Agent%20Locke%20Boots%20Step%201c_zps4xmtpnab.jpg

Agent%20Locke%20Boots%20Step%201d_zpsu5knwgvl.jpg

Next up the shin / knee armour.
Going to get a bit of a head start with these for the rest of the day...

Attachments

• Agent%20Locke%20Boots%20Step%201b_zpsw8xkw0cx.jpg
    Agent%20Locke%20Boots%20Step%201b_zpsw8xkw0cx.jpg
    220.1 KB · Views: 250
  • Agent%20Locke%20Boots%20Step%201c_zps4xmtpnab.jpg
    Agent%20Locke%20Boots%20Step%201c_zps4xmtpnab.jpg
    216 KB · Views: 262
  • Agent%20Locke%20Boots%20Step%201d_zpsu5knwgvl.jpg
    Agent%20Locke%20Boots%20Step%201d_zpsu5knwgvl.jpg
    223.7 KB · Views: 224

Your build is coming out awesome! Totally crazy that you're pulling it together so fast :thumbsup

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back