Halo 5 Asset Thread - The Second Coming

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chernobyl

Sr Member
Well, it's almost Christmas, gang. And that means it's time to get into the spirit of giving once again - as if we'd ever let you down.

The 405th Asset Team are very proud to announce the release of full, high-quality assets to the community - one of our largest to date. This release blows our previous packs way out of the water - featuring not only high-quality versions of our previous Halo 5 assets, but also brand-new files to help the community get the most out of their costumes and reach the highest levels of accuracy possible.

In this update, we're kicking the door wide open on Halo 5. Here's a full list of what you can expect to find in the Archive soon:

- Remastered Multiplayer armour files - existing files will be updated, as well as including new armour sets such as the Icarus armour set.
- Higher-resolution texture support - better textures allow our modellers to put out better files, and skins files will allow our creators to apply game-accurate livery to their pieces.
- Weapons files. Enjoy brand-new assets, such as the Plasma Caster and the Hydra Launcher, or enjoy old favourites, such as the Grenade Launcher and the SPNKr Rocket Launcher.

But that's not all. In addition to improving our existing content, we figured it's also high time that you all got the chance to represent as more than simply your Multiplayer Spartan. In this update, we're proud to announce that, at long last, Campaign undersuits are available. Those wishing to more accurately recreate their favourite Campaign character - or simply add new flair to their Multiplayer armour set - will now be able to do so. We know that this has been a long-requested asset feature and we're so happy to finally be able to provide it for you.

These files will be going up in stages as time and file-size allowance permits over the next few days. Updates to this thread will be made as packs go up, and there will be updates as I'm able to make them. My priority for now will be making sure that you all get the main things - I'm well aware that you'll all be very eager to get your hands on the Campaign undersuits and the new Master Chief assets. It's worth noting, however, that due to the large file size, I'm having to compromise slightly with the textures, and offering them primarily in JPG format as opposed to a lossless format - I realise this isn't exactly ideal, but I honestly believe that this is an acceptable compromise. If, at some point in the future, a means for me to host on-site the lossless files, I will certainly be doing so.

As ever, however, there are caveats. In order to make sure that the process goes smoothly, there are a few things I ask from the community here:

- Please don't request files. I realise that you're all going to be eager, but until I've gotten the main bulk of the uploading done I'd rather not have to field requests from people. Once I'm done, feel free to ask if I missed something, but I'd rather not have to deal with posts featuring requests such as 'hey, do the Scorpion tank next!' or 'when are you going to upload the Assault Rifle?'. The answer will always be 'when I get around to it'.
- Please don't discuss the asset tools. It should go without saying, but we're able to host these files by the good grace of 343i - let's not spoil that relationship by stepping outside the XBox ToS.
- These files are NOT designed for use in animation. If you're a member from another site looking to use these models, please consider instead making your requests through your home forum channels. I have not put these packs together with animation in mind and never will be offering rigged models.

All that remains is for me to wish you all a very happy holidays - be safe, and enjoy these assets. Let's make 2017 the next level in costuming.

Thanks for your support, all. As a token, here's what I'm currently working on. Once I'm done they'll all go up in a pack for you to enjoy, and there'll be an update here for you. Be sure to subscribe to the thread to get updates whenever something major happens.

Attachments

• I'm Book I'm Fanservice.JPG
    I'm Book I'm Fanservice.JPG
    146 KB · Views: 5,031
You think you can post some perfect side shots of weapons? I don't do 3d, but having a view like that would be great for blueprints, as opposed to using in-game screenshots or wiki images.

You think you can post some perfect side shots of weapons? I don't do 3d, but having a view like that would be great for blueprints, as opposed to using in-game screenshots or wiki images.

Something along that vein will be in the works later on down the line, yes. I can't say too much at this juncture, but it's certainly something that the Asset Team and the Identity Team have been considering for the future.

On that note, the first set of brand-new Halo 5 content has just gone up. Featuring both texture and model files for the characters in the Campaign, these files will hopefully allow our members to more faithfully replicate their favourite screen characters in real life. You can find the pack HERE, and I've also uploaded below a small snapshot of something I expect you'll all be very eager to get your hands on. However, due to Blue Team sharing the stock undersuit texture with the multiplayer Spartan models, I haven't included individual and unique textures for the Chief, Linda, Kelly or Fred.

I hope tomorrow to begin working on posting up weaponry packs. The dice is still up in the air with regards to whether or not I'll work on the UNSC or Covenant weapons, and Promethean weapons will come last of all since the Forerunner assets are mostly recycled from Halo 4 and only feature new skins for the REQ variants.

Attachments

• Captain King.JPG
    Captain King.JPG
    139.6 KB · Views: 608
Untitled.jpg

Not sure if your aware, but appears that parts of the under suits are missing. Mainly the forearms and the shins. Deleted some of the faces to Locke's shin armor to show what I mean. Tried it with Buck to, kept getting the same results. Thanks Cherry.

Not sure if your aware, but appears that parts of the under suits are missing. Mainly the forearms and the shins. Deleted some of the faces to Locke's shin armor to show what I mean. Tried it with Buck to, kept getting the same results. Thanks Cherry.

Yep. I'm aware of the fact, but that's just how the assets were modelled. It's not an extraction issue.

[MENTION] Chernobyl[/MENTION]

Just checking. When I'm gonna rig them it's gonna throw me off to see them like that, lol. I can still provide some renders of the under suit, it's just gonna look funny. Still scratching my head as to why 343 modeled them that way.

My best guess is to reduce poly count to a minimum, for a lag-free experience.

thanks for these Cherry, and for all the work you've done for the community.

I, also, am trying to give something of my own, on Christmas this year...
and, Captain king? Hrrm??

'can't get much by Buck' :D

and BTW, what have you printed so far?

My best guess is to reduce poly count to a minimum, for a lag-free experience.

Pretty much that, I think. In the grand scheme of things it shouldn't matter, since the majority of those 'cut' areas are going to be obscured by armour plating and costumers will be able to work something out for those blank areas, I think.

thanks for these Cherry, and for all the work you've done for the community.

Thanks for the support. There's far more on the way yet.

and BTW, what have you printed so far?

A few test pieces, nothing major. I'm waiting for some other files first before I get started on my own costume set, and in the meantime I'll be able to get some other personal projects sorted.

Update time - UNSC weapons assets have been added to the Archive. You can find the files HERE, and I'll be putting up a Covenant pack tomorrow. After that, the plan will be to work through the remaining Forerunner assets, and then host the scopes. Following that, the major work on getting the multiplayer armour asset packs updated can begin, and after that I'll probably be free to start taking requests on vehicles and such.

I checked out the raw files, and man! they are pretty high-res (for a video game) not quite 3D-print worthy, though.:(

thanks a ton! this will be a ton of use for my high-res 3D modeling! I'll have the best 'reference images' ever!

also, will you be including scopes as a separate package?

----update----

oops, sorry, didn't see that last scope part.

Another day, another update. Scopes and weapons attachments are online - you can find them HERE. I figured that I couldn't just leave the UNSC weapons uploaded without posting up their relevant attachments afterwards - after all, how are people going to fabricate and model weapons if they don't have access to the relevant scopes and attachments?

Covenant weapons tomorrow for certain. I also need to mark up some time to do some serious re-organisation of my own personal archives, to make it easier to access and back-up the content here in case of emergencies. Streamlining the entire process will make it that much more easy to re-upload and update the Archives when the time comes.

[MENTION]SavedbyGrace12[/MENTION] I'll fix the Buck/Helljumper pack issue the next time I go into the Archive for uploading. It's just a case of uploading a new pack with the relevant texture - I was simply going to upload the 'character' models with their own unique files (undersuits, armour textures) and leave the generic normals maps with the generic armour packs (Helljumper normals in the Helljumper pack, for example). However, I figured that that would hamper and confuse people down the line who needed complete character packs without the hassle of having to hunt down other packs for the full content they needed.

So, again, thanks for the heads-up. I'll look into the issue tomorrow, more than likely.

Hi Cherry just wondering where I can get these files. I'm going to the link you've provided in previous posts but it takes me to the old site? New links would be awesome thanks.

Hi Cherry just wondering where I can get these files. I'm going to the link you've provided in previous posts but it takes me to the old site? New links would be awesome thanks.

All of the assets are located on the old site. As of right now, not all of them have been transitioned over yet, what with all of the big site changes being made.

Just had a look on waypoint and saw that the classic helmets are now available for preview! I'm wondering if we'll be able to acquire those sonetime soon.

Yeah, I saw they got their new site. Which is really cool. I was about to go and grab the undersuite models, i modified them and accidentally saved over the original. But it seems all Zips from the site are invalid now...Is that me? Or is it the transition?

(EDIT) It's me. I worked with a friend of mine, apparently Windows 10 has failed to recognize them as Zips and couldn't open them. So we used a 3rd party program, 7 zip to extract the files. It's an annoying process. But I'm glad to know your archive still works.

Last edited:
Just had a look on waypoint and saw that the classic helmets are now available for preview! I'm wondering if we'll be able to acquire those sonetime soon.

Possibly. With the way the Archive is looking right now, it's very possible that I'll be pulling my assets from being hosted on the 405th and have them privately archived on some other sharing site instead - that'll give me the benefit of allowing larger, lossless texture formats. But naturally, as soon as new content arrives, it will be provided in one form or another, and it won't be withheld from the community.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back