Props Halo 5 Gravity Hammer

Status
Not open for further replies.

TechTree

Its 95% done. Hopefully, I'll be finishing it tonight. Still have to paint a few things, add cloth wrap, and glue in bolts and screws. I modeled and 3D printed this thing years ago but only recently was able to work on it again.
Its over 6 feet tall (1:1 Scale) and weighs about 35 pounds but will probably be around 40 when everything else is added on. I'll post some more pics when its completely finished.

H5GravityHammerWIP.jpg

Last edited:
Its 95% done. Hopefully, I'll be finishing it tonight. Still have to paint a few things, add cloth wrap, and glue in bolts and screws. I modeled and 3D printed this thing years ago but only recently was able to work on it again.
Its over 6 feet tall (1:1 Scale) and weighs about 35 pounds but will probably be around 40 when everything else is added on. I'll post some more pics when its completely finished.

View attachment 325572
This thing is absolutely BEAUTIFUL! Is it al 3D printed? It looks like you have some legit engine parts attached to it lol

This thing is absolutely BEAUTIFUL! Is it al 3D printed? It looks like you have some legit engine parts attached to it lol
All of it is 3D printed. Most of it was printed on my cr-10. The unpainted pipe on the top and the screws and bolts were printed on my resin 3D printers. The resin parts are way heavier than the plastic parts but require way less sanding and prep work.

View attachment 325572
Your hammer looks amazing! Your finish process must be methodical because I can't even pick out a single print line! I'm about to start a hammer print in the next several weeks and I hope I can get mine anywhere near the level your hammer is at. Great job!

Your hammer looks amazing! Your finish process must be methodical because I can't even pick out a single print line! I'm about to start a hammer print in the next several weeks and I hope I can get mine anywhere near the level your hammer is at. Great job!
I did several cycles of sanding until my fingers almost bled and then gave myself a week to heal and then started again. Sand, primer filler, sand, more primer filler, and sand again until its perfect then burnish with a cloth to get a smooth and shinny surface.

Which hammer are you doing?

Good lord... full size? Damn. You're crazier than me lol I always print the alien weapons at around 80%
If you think thats crazy I wanted to do a 1:1 scale wraith and ghost and even started modeling them but I just dont have the room to store them or the money to cover such a large expense that has no potential return on investment. For now I think I'm just going to go back to making full sized props and weapons.

If you think thats crazy I wanted to do a 1:1 scale wraith and ghost and even started modeling them but I just dont have the room to store them or the money to cover such a large expense that has no potential return on investment. For now I think I'm just going to go back to making full sized props and weapons.
That would be cool af! Not totally unheard of either. I know there are at least a few people out there that do massive prints just for the hell of it. First one that comes to mind is that guy making a life size Tyrannosaurus skeleton.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back