Halo 5 Noble Armor Build (First Build, W.I.P)

Discussion in 'Halo Pepakura Costumes' started by SkyBox, Sep 26, 2017.

?

What Colors should I use?

1. Blue secondary-Black

22.2%
  2. Blue Secondary-Red

11.1%
  3. White Secondary-Red

11.1%
  4. Snow Camo

44.4%
  5. Desert Camo

11.1%
  1. SkyBox

SkyBox New Member

Hey guys! This is gonna be my first build and I have decided to base it off of my favorite armor from halo 5, That being the Noble armor set!
    h5-guardians-render-noble-blue-680e2d469dd248a5a57ed09afd81ba59.png
    Currently I am very early in creating this and have only just started on the forearms
    I plan to start with the forearms as previously stated then move on to the legs, lastly the main chest piece

After I get all the pieces finished Ill apply Fiberglass to the inside, and bondo to the outside, after I finish the bondo stage I will try to make a mold out of it just in case I want to make more in the future... if this is a bad idea You got time to tell me.

Then I will work on cutting out the visor and painting the mold... probably with very similer colors to the picture listed above. and ill make the visor out of tinted plastic.. *Probably*

Something I have yet to figure out is how to use my silhouette cameo with the pep files, I am looking up on youtube how to do this however I dont have the money to buy the Full version of the program if anyone has any ideas on what I could do for this that would be awesome.
    if not, I will just have to manually cut everything out.

Again i am a newbie, so if you have any tips that would help. that would be awesome!

I will be posting pictures to this thread when I get the chance to finish parts of the armor.

2. Bullseye

Bullseye Member

I tried the cameo route and you need the full program or it will just cut out the first piece of the first page. My cameo just stopped working so I had to cut everything out by hand.

3. ReClaimer8015

ReClaimer8015 Member

Cool, i was planning on doing this one too (or helioskrill)!
    I am just too lazy to start and have a few other props to finish.:lol:
    I am converting the pep files to obj. and continue working in another 3d programm, prreparing the files for an epilog lasercutter.
    Unfortunately you`ll need the full version of pepakura, i don`t know any 3d programm that can convert pdo.

I will definitively follow this thread, haven`t seen anyone make this GEN2 version of the old reach Commando Mjolnir.(y)

4. SkyBox

SkyBox New Member

Okay, I know this post has been very inactive and I take the blame for that. I have had some serious school problems that have been eating away at my time and I am only just now getting back to the creation of the Armor. However in my away time I have practiced with cutting and learned a few things. I also tried to make an EVA foam ODST helmet, and that... well it did not go well. Anyways its time I get back to work. Ill begin to upload photos as soon as I finish pepping a piece. I also put up a Poll for painting this, I gave a few simple options, I currently plan to go with blue and white but White and Black also looked good. And then I had a real bad Idea. to try and make a Camo design. I currently live in California so I put desert camo but I put snow camo cause I like it way more. Anyways Ill let you guys pick, expect my next post to have pictures.

5. SkyBox

SkyBox New Member

Right'o So, its been a while, A long while. Sorry about that. But I finally finished my PC build going from a $100 which had a power surge, because of Pep being a power hog or something, To a $2000 PC so, yea. major upgrade!

Anyways I just got around to starting my build up once again and I realized just how much of a headache my build was giving me, not to mention the hand cramps.[​IMG] (There is a PNG thing right before this but I cant remove it so deal with it) This was mostly due to the original poly count on the Halo 5 Models, and the over complexity of it because of 343's new art style, even though it was still a relatively simple armor piece. so I am heading over to reach for my armor builds.

here is an example of just how complex the Halo 5 Models are compared to the Reach ones.

Reach (9 pg)

Halo 5 (15 pg, exlu interior pieces)

So, I have changed Up my build, Which kinda sucks... because I really like the Halo 5 Noble Armor, Maybe after I finish this build I can move on to a Noble build!

I have an idea for the armor setup, but cant figure out what I want to do as the helmet.
    Here is what It will probably end up looking like.
    I really like the Gungnir helmet but it has one problem

So, if anyone has any ideas for what I could do to fix that problem, or if I will just have to deal with it, Please do tell me!

Last edited: Dec 21, 2017
    mblackwell1002 likes this.
  6. mblackwell1002

mblackwell1002 Well-Known Member

The images say we do not have permission to view the images. Check your privacy settings, and we can certainly help. :)

SI3RRA 117 likes this.
  7. SkyBox

SkyBox New Member

The Problem should be fixed now!

8. mblackwell1002

So, that Halo Reach Pepakura file you found isn't very accurate to the in-game models. The in-game models are much more detailed and smooth.

For the Gungir helmet, you could use thick mesh to create a semi-transparent viewing hole along the face of the helmet. Or, you could use the search bar to find threads of other people's Gungir helmets. There have been a few, I know that much.

9. SkyBox

SkyBox New Member

I know the in game models are much more detailed... but i am not very worried about the edges as i plan to sand them out, the halo 5 armor had way to many parts to it for a beginner...

But if you know where some better pep files are please tell me!

Thanks for the tips!

10. mblackwell1002

Have you Bondo'd anything before? Smoothing out models isn't as easy as you make it sound. It's a good idea to add all the detail in the paper model, and then use as little Bondo as possible for the fastest and easiest project. However, I think it's a good idea to build that thigh armor you mentioned to learn the ins and outs of Pepakura.

Good luck on your build, man!

SI3RRA 117 likes this.