Halo 5 recruit charred

Status
Not open for further replies.

xXDashIVXx

Sr Member
So three years ago I started making a halo recruit helmet out of EVA foam. It was the first time I have ever worked with or used eva foam, and my for st time really building anything. I got my own knife, boug ht my first tub of contact cement, and got to work. I finished the helmet in a day or two. It came out pretty good being my first time, but it had so many holes, bad seams, missalignments, and it had contact cement stains everywhere.

I had step by step pictures at the time, but they have been long since deleted off of my phone because I thought I'd never get the helmet done.(at the time it has been 2 years of me procrastinating and saying that I'd get it done but I never worked on it) this is a helmet I'm helping make for a friend. It looked WAY worse than this

20180819_130843.jpg

Now after 3 years of every year saying to myself I'd get it done by Halo-ween, i actually worked on it. I hopped onto halo 5, made sure I had the full set my favorite armor equipped, set the custom game to ffa slayer, turned on machinima, and set the time to unlimited. I just sat there and drew and drew. I then cut out and glued craft foam to it, making the helmet as accurate is I could get. Then I scored, cut and cleaned the helmet up, using a lot of woodland scenic foam putty to make it all flush. I ended up with this (after plastidip and a black spray paint job)20180827_073529.jpg 20180827_073547.jpg 20180827_073536.jpg

I will need to go in and touch up on some places, making the flames more clean, and even out the color where it got too dark, plus the eyes on the skull

This is how I made the visor for my helmet. I started out with a thicker piece of plexiglass my dad found for me and prevented from going into the valor at his work.
20180922_181809.jpg
I then traced out the visor using the pepakura files I used for my hemet. I traced it using a permanent marker/sharper because that was the only thing that would write on the plastic 20180922_182639(0).jpg
I then cut it out with my bandsaw I got for last christmas(best gift ever!) But you can easily cut plexiglass by making one or two passes with a sharp knife, then bending the plastic unroll it breaks on the line.
20180922_183048.jpg I then used the belt sander i got last christmas(best gift ever!)to make the edges not so sharp
20180922_183315.jpg used the heat gun and the edge of the table to bent the visor to shape(not this table)
20180922_203024.jpg
Got some REALLY awesome window tint(when I find the link for it I'll post it soon)anyway it is a wine way silver metalic window tint with a green tint over it. The tint is static cling because regular tint causes a chemical reaction in plexiglass that causes it to bullbe,melt, and release gasses. I used a spray bottle to align the two tints and make sure they didn't glue together instantly. I didn't use enough so that ment I got rinckles and air bubbles. I need to use more on my next one.
20180922_203552.jpg 20180930_140639.jpg 20180923_132459.jpg

Man. Seems like in every thread I make I say I'm going to post pictures on progress soon and I dont. And the thread dies... AND THE LAST TIME I POSTED HERE WAS ALMOST EIFHT MINTHS AGO!?!?!?

Shoot in sorry guys, this will be the last time i necro this thread!(I hope...)

So as you can see in my profile picture, I'm done with the armor and am just doing little things. I should have the suit done by next weekend!

I just need to finish the undersuit, securing foam to my shoes, and weathering!

Here is a sneak peek of what in doing. The picture just doesnt do it justice as it doesnt pop and contrast as much as it does in person, and I am soooooo proud and happy with how the skull came out.

(The picture was taken at an angle so it looks a little funky and stretched. Especially the forehead area. It doesnt look that bad a swear!)

Here is my right shoulder(not weathered)

20190506_210343.jpg
20190506_210338.jpg

And here is the left shoulder!

20190506_210403.jpg
20190506_210351.jpg

I may not be a fan of the aesthetic but your work is quality good sir. Top tier paint job xXDashIVXx
Thank you, but by no means do I think I am good. This is maybe the second time u have actually weathered something. I just did multiple washes in layers :)

Define aesthetic. The paint job? I love it. Its straight from the game and hand painted almost perfectly acurate!

If your ref fee ring to the scratches, then I agree. The chip brush I am using isnt very good and need to find my other one, that way I can redo it good

Thank you, but by no means do I think I am good. This is maybe the second time u have actually weathered something. I just did multiple washes in layers :)

Define aesthetic. The paint job? I love it. Its straight from the game and hand painted almost perfectly acurate!

If your ref fee ring to the scratches, then I agree. The chip brush I am using isnt very good and need to find my other one, that way I can redo it good
It's just a bit too on the edgy side for my tastes is all, big old skull, hot rod flames, it makes me think of those shirts from the early 2000's or a trip to Flavour Town. Don't mind me, the paint job is great, I'm just not a fan of that style.

I can also relate to the "edgy" paint job, but I think it's budass. (Say it fast, you'll get it)

Great job with the construction, dude.

Maybe I missed it in the pictures, but how are you attaching your biceps to the chest? ... or do you?
I was considering doing what(I'm pretty sure it was him ->) anhelegend did with his chief suit is attatch a strap to both shoulders and thread it under the torso behind your back to hold them in place. I decided I didnt need to because the foam cussion/supports I am using inside the peice sits so snug on my arm it doesnt spin it slide at all, and still feels really comfortable. I am just adding some velcro just in case, but other than that I'm good!

Looks awesome! I don’t mind the paint. It definitely sayss H5, a lot of the paint schemes are flashy. When do we see a full suit up pic?
When I finish the undersuit. Right now it looks weird because everything below my chest to my hips are exposed (no armor, just black morph suit)... I wish I chose some reach armor, would look soo much better body wise!

Another problem is i am a string bean of a man so my arms are REALLY skinny compared to the armor so it looks weird. Hopefully i can bulk up the undersuit aswell... I'll give you a chest and up shot as a tease, but this is also an old and test pic so the armor isnt weathered or finished painting, and I'm not even wearing the torso correctly...

Is the torso too small? I think it may be...

Ingame:
5-7-2019_12-54-49_PM-2key3s4s.png

Me:
20190419_090420.jpg

I think it looks good. the picture is a tiny bit blurry, although the computer screen I'm using may be responsible for that... Need to get back to my phone...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back