Halo 5 recruit charred

Status
Not open for further replies.
How's the hand doing xXDashIVXx?
Fine. I am great actually XD got some progress done, am halfway done with making a new visor for the helmet(gonna wait to paint at night so the heat doesn't warp/peel off the tint), got the fan working, and am just about finished with the other arm. Two more line seams to go! :D

Little sad bout the fan. I thought the air goes in through the small rectangle and out the circle in the side but it is the opposite apparently... the rectangle "intake" was the exact same size as the vent on my helmet.

15616557143435314444478560712964.jpg

Also, heating it worked out great! Thanks guys! Hexagons are too small but what the heck. Looks great anyway...
15616556481756095547833654944915.jpg

Fine. I am great actually XD got some progress done, am halfway done with making a new visor for the helmet(gonna wait to paint at night so the heat doesn't warp/peel off the tint), got the fan working, and am just about finished with the other arm. Two more line seams to go! :D

Little sad bout the fan. I thought the air goes in through the small rectangle and out the circle in the side but it is the opposite apparently... the rectangle "intake" was the exact same size as the vent on my helmet.

Also, heating it worked out great! Thanks guys! Hexagons are too small but what the heck. Looks great anyway...
Glad to hear your hand's doing better! You must have pretty good reflexes.
In theory, you should be able to flip the fan blades around and have the air go the other way, but yeah that's the way those types of fans work, and that's probably a very difficult thing to do.

Sweet! Also glad the heating trick worked!

I finished the other arm! Wooooo! It fits perfectly, and looks amazing! Flawless compared to the other one. It is a little bit wrinkley, but your going to get that on something that is a billion peices and isnt skin tight. Not going to post pictures because I need to start working on the legs. I have seven days left till the con, and I assume it will take three days for each leg. Then the last day is sewing the whole suit together, shoe going the torso, padding the torso, padding the helmet, installing my visor, installing fan into helmet, stamping the undersuit for detail, contact cementing the finished hand peices to my gloves, and gluing elastic straps to the peices on my left shoe so I can put on and take off the boot armor. I finished the right shoe...

I'm not gonna finish 0.o
I should be able to make fast time o the legs and save some days. Hopefully

Also does anyone have a solution to this? The fan I have vibrates a tiny bit. When it touches something like a wall it stops vibrating(probably because the wall is so big it is a sturdy anchor point to not only absorb the vibration, but hold it still), but when it touches the inside of the helmet, the whole helmet vibrates. It is so minor I probably wouldn't notice it, but the real problem is it also causes an audible noise. It isnt loud, but it isnt quiet either, and would drive any wearer crazy... any ideas? I hope the foam padding and maybe some fabric over the top of it would help...

Also does anyone have a solution to this? The fan I have vibrates a tiny bit. When it touches something like a wall it stops vibrating(probably because the wall is so big it is a sturdy anchor point to not only absorb the vibration, but hold it still), but when it touches the inside of the helmet, the whole helmet vibrates. It is so minor I probably wouldn't notice it, but the real problem is it also causes an audible noise. It isnt loud, but it isnt quiet either, and would drive any wearer crazy... any ideas? I hope the foam padding and maybe some fabric over the top of it would help...
How do you have your fan attached?

H

How would I do this without gluing it? Maybe I could hang it as it has holes to screw it into a surface, but I didnt want to permanently attatch it just yet...
Oh, your helmet is made of foam isn't it? Mine's plastic, so I've removed hotglued items from my helmet many times (that poor HUD). If you have a heat gun you may be ale to remove it that way, but might be risky.

Does it vibrate if you hold it in there with your hand? What if you glue it to a scrap piece of foam?

Oh, your helmet is made of foam isn't it? Mine's plastic, so I've removed hotglued items from my helmet many times (that poor HUD). If you have a heat gun you may be ale to remove it that way, but might be risky.

Does it vibrate if you hold it in there with your hand? What if you glue it to a scrap piece of foam?
It vibrates when played there or held there with my hand... I may be able to use hot glue actually. I never use it because I hate the stuff, but that is an option... if I glued it to a scrap foam, then what? XD we are still in the same situation :b

It vibrates when played there or held there with my hand... I may be able to use hot glue actually. I never use it because I hate the stuff, but that is an option... if I glued it to a scrap foam, then what? XD we are still in the same situation :b
You can get the foam off of the fan by heating it (assuming you have a heat gun), peeling it, and repeat. It shouldn't take terribly long I wouldn't think, but if it's rattling by holding it there I'm not sure that the foam is going to help anyways. My main concern was damaging the helmet by trying to remove it, that's what the scrap was for. It sounds like the fan may be ever so slightly off balance, which in the past I've gotten around by smacking it, but that's for PC fans.

You could cut a hole in the helmet slightly smaller than the fan and have the foam stretch around it, then it'd be held in by friction and easily removable. (I don't use fans so it's just an idea)

I am waiting for my class to start in the next few minutes, so here is some progress!
I have the arm and leg done
20190701_162132.jpg

And this is what I have left to do on the final area: the right leg
20190701_162248.jpg

Once I finish this I just have to sew each chunk together to make it a full suit, and stamp the fabric. I hope to finish the leg tonight, giving me tomorrow to do what I just said. Hopefully I will have time to do the strapping aswell tomorrow, as I want to give the shoegoo as much time as I can to dry (noone wants to smell that stuff, even though it takes a few days for the odor to go away). I lost my elastic straps, so I will have to buy some more soon so I can finish the strapping to hold the armor down on the boots. D:

I will post pictures tommorow or if I have time when I get home of the interior if the helmet. I installed some mattress foam(the foam topping that you out over your mattress) and it is really cool to the touch and soft, and sort of forms around my head. I still have to install the fan... and finish the visor. I need to make a quick pass with spraypaint but it keeps raining, and I dont want to do it at day because it is so hot it is peeling the tint off the visor when it is left outside for too long.

Plus the mosquitos are terrible. My poor poor legs D:

With a heavy heart, it pains me to say that the suit wont make it to HOD... atleast not today... I worked as hard as I could for every waking moment, I even missed every fireworks and fun that my families block party had because I was sewing (RIP independence day) and have the whole thing done(except for one arm is only half on instead if all the way and the other arm has something weird going on in the neck area), but I ran into a problem an it isnt totally wearable at the moment. Because my standards are high and I cant fix it right now, I wont be bringing the suit today. I may bring the helmet, and I will work as hard as I can tonight to fix it so I can bring the suit tommorow, but we will see... to make it up to you here is a picture of a car I saw the other day?
20190619_165315.jpg

Also you could bring it to HOD without the undersuit if you want to wear something there. Just wear black clothes underneath. Though it's understandable if you want it to be complete when you wear it the first time

Also you could bring it to HOD without the undersuit if you want to wear something there. Just wear black clothes underneath. Though it's understandable if you want it to be complete when you wear it the first time
This is how I and a number of people I know do it. Especially with gen 1, it's a perfectly fine approach

I have worked on it all day, and even showed up a few hours after the con started... I am going to work on it there if I can, and will have it done by tonight. I did say i was on track to have it done by the first day of the con though soooo....
This is how I and a number of people I know do it. Especially with gen 1, it's a perfectly fine approach

LIES! I CANT DO THIS! :b

This looks great for the other armors, but halo 4 and 5 suits are just too exposed...
20190326_195705.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back