halo combat evolved remake?? should it be attempted?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I still play Halo CE, and love it as is. I would be interested in a Halo MMO. Or a Halo based free roam game like Fallout 3/Oblivion with the upgraded graphics. neither of these will ever happen, at least I doubt they will. But I can always wish.

There's a rumor going around that remaking CE might be 343's first project (I don't know if that's been posted) forgot the source site, but if I find it I'll post the link!

Probably the same type of site that's been posting rumors about a FF7 remake for the last 10 years. I wouldn't hold my breath ;)

Kirshan, there was a Halo MMO planned, but it got cancelled early on (I think the project was started alongside Halo Wars). Judging from the screens, it wouldn't have been good without some major changes.

Kirshan, there was a Halo MMO planned, but it got cancelled early on (I think the project was started alongside Halo Wars). Judging from the screens, it wouldn't have been good without some major changes.
You're right on both parts.

It would be soooooo cool if we remade it but I'm not a game maker I can be the voice for the elites though.....woot woot wooot lol

I found out about this on another Halo forum that I am on and I personally would not mind seeing both H:CE and H2 remastered.

Not only that, if it's remade, being able to have achievements to unlock would be pretty cool too since both of those games were made for the original xbox and there was no achievement system then. Since I am one for nice looking graphics and whatnot when it comes to video games, I would like to see what Master Chief would look like now in his "Combat Evolved" days. hehe

Another thing that was discussed on this other Halo forum, was the fact that matchmaking should NOT be included with these remakes and that it should be for campaign ONLY. H2's multiplayer was already taken down so why put it back up? It wouldn't be too much different than what it was before, except for having nicer graphics. Although, I think a multiplayer would be neat for Halo: Combat Evolved. Of course, I would wait sometime to have this game even come out due to the fact that Halo Reach recently came out and to have another Halo game come out with multiplayer might take away from Reach's multiplayer. Unless there is to be no multiplayer at all and just keep it strictly campaign. If H:CE and H2 were remastered and included achievements, I would totally play the campaign again. :)

Here are the sources that I found from that Halo forum:
http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=278410
http://n4g.com/news/618847/343-industries-prepares-the-halo-series-remastered-in-hd

_____________________________________________________________________________________
v0bo.gifoGeW.gifkXm2.gifk6eT.gif

If they were to release Combat Evolved, I see them just adding a few new maps for Multiplayer rather than add a whole new multiplayer set-up. It would be a smarter decision on the developers side. les work = more fun.

If they were to release Combat Evolved, I see them just adding a few new maps for Multiplayer rather than add a whole new multiplayer set-up. It would be a smarter decision on the developers side. les work = more fun.
I agree.

I wonder if they are going to stick with the Reach elite models or are going back to the Combat Evolved Elites.

-Pony

I agree.

I wonder if they are going to stick with the Reach elite models or are going back to the Combat Evolved Elites.

-Pony
I honestly feel that NOTHING should be changed as far as how the characters look, but just give the game better, updated graphics and release it for the 360 and have achievements! :D

Also, from the sources I read, it sounds like 343 Industries only wants to improve the graphics and details of the game using the Halo Reach game engine. I don't think that changing the look of the characters would be a good idea. They should just release a re-mastered version of the game. :)

_____________________________________________________________________________________
v0bo.gifoGeW.gifkXm2.gifk6eT.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back