Halo E3 News, Halo CE HD and Halo 4!

Status
Not open for further replies.
What bothers me is: Guilty spark no longer has the marathon symbol on his "eye" (due to the marathon symbol being a bungie trademark). This might mean that the POA and captain keyes' nametag no longer have the iconic marathon symbol either.

Oh, and i recall there being a total of 7 halo rings. Why are there only 6 monitors?

Oh, and i recall there being a total of 7 halo rings. Why are there only 6 monitors?
One of the moniters could have been destroyed.

Or it could have been Medicant bias since it sided with the flood during the war.

What bothers me is: Guilty spark no longer has the marathon symbol on his "eye" (due to the marathon symbol being a bungie trademark). This might mean that the POA and captain keyes' nametag no longer have the iconic marathon symbol either.

I am also concerned about the Pillar of Autumn Crew patchs and several other iconic Halo symbols that have the marathon logo within them.

New handplate :O ?

hand.png

Last edited by a moderator:
^ It's just the angle it's being held at. The animation for Anniversary holds the gun differently when reloading. At the same angle, it looks pretty faithful.

The handle looks more like the M6G varient i meant to say.

Also ?

:O new halo ring (possibly)

halo.png
Yeah, the handle looks M6G (or M6C/SOCOM) but that's a greeble I'm willing to let go, to be honest.

And I don't get it. What are you pointing out? The shadow in the Halo ring?

Oh, speaking of the Ring, it looks like they've redesigned the outer surface in a way I'm not sure I like

I think I know what he sees but it looks more like a pixelation shadow rather than a new ring. Can still keep an eye out but I doubt that's what it is.

Anyone else notice that there arent any shells being ejected from the pistol? I am excited about how gorgeous this new game is! Just think what Halo 4 will look like!

EDIT:

As for the redesign of the Halo ring, Here is a screenshot of the build shown in the demo-

Installation04.jpg

Keep in mind this is the same build that had the reach models (The M6B , the MA37 ) when the build shown now has the MA5B and the M6D .

I really do hope they keep it faithful to the original. That design looks really Covenant, when Halo is markedly not Covenant-aesthetic

I really do hope they keep it faithful to the original. That design looks really Covenant, when Halo is markedly not Covenant-aesthetic
Remember that the Covenant basically leech technology from the Forerunner artifacts on which they get their hands. They do give their equipment a certain unique "look," but as far as design goes, they actually are not hugely innovative in the way that they think.

i tend to agree with the original aesthetic of the halos, because it fits with the feel of "technology-hidden-in-the-rock" that i get from the other games. as far as i know, no one is planning to remake Halo 2, so how will they reconcile the look of Alpha Halo to that of Delta Halo? The covenant may not be innovative, but i don't believe they had too many artifacts to go on on their home planet, and therefore had to reverse-engineer some things or perhaps re-purpose other tech meant for other functions. the covenant seem to favor the appearance of power, which is demonstrated on their ships, weapons, and armor; the overheat and power indicators on the plasma weapons, the exposed shards on the needler, visible power conduits and generators aboard their cruisers and on their ghosts and tanks. The forerunner based their architecture on "radical, specific energy-based matter/energy/space distortion and redirection" underneath inconspicuous buildings and monuments. nothing exposed, nothing visible to the naked eye or precursory scans. very covert. something the covenant are CLEARLY not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back