halo E3 possible Halo movie hints

Status
Not open for further replies.
Michael Bay's Transformers had a budget of $150 million. That money was spent on professional props, several cameras, powerful editing software and computers, a highly-trained and talented crew, and a cast of actual a-list actors. If you combined the net worth of every 405th member, it's not $150 million, and none of us have the sheer level of skill that the professionals do in the movie industry.

And Halo would be on the same tier as Transformers. You'd need a great director (you do have to hand it to Bay), great actors, great crew, great publicity, a great producer, and overall great work, to get a niche movie like this off the ground. It took 20 years to get Transformers from cartoon to live-action movie, because it's hard to get the right combination.

The 405th simply isn't up to a full-scale movie. We haven't even finished any of our associated "high-budget" fan-films. And the entire budget for those films MIGHT pay for the cameras (but none of the rigs) for any of those films. It's a whole 'nother league, guys.

We are in Agreement.

Well when I'm done on my M6 pistol and Halo 3 grenade I'm going to star work on a Colonial Militia outfit.

so if there's a movie we do start I'd be down for that except I don't have a car and I'm only 16

Actually, you guys are wrong. There IS a HALO movie in the works as we speak. It's low budget and it isn't a feature length film, however they do have permission from Bungie and are working with many people from the 405th. Here are some links to look at.
Facebook:
http://www.facebook.com/HaloTheMovie
Youtube:

So far I am unimpressed with the acting and graphics. However, I shall check it out. However, if we would like to start work on our own Halo movie, it is feasible and it's unnecessary to put down those who want to go through with it. What better way to show our support to the rest of the 405th, and the almighty Bungie, than to come up with a script and submit it?

Last edited by a moderator:
That's not Faith, if you read the description you would see that it was an entry for their contest.

Aye, when they originally posted the video, they hadn't included the description of "contest entry". The facebook page is still halo:faith, however.

Yeah... except for this:
October 6, 2010 It is confirmed that DreamWorks is determined in obtaining the rights for the film.[35]
October 8, 2010 A possible 2014 release date is revealed by Starlight Runner Entertainment CEO Jeff Gomez during a panel at the New York Comic Con
Halo wikia.

Last edited by a moderator:
For the love of everything holy and precious on this planet, don't ever give micheal bay the halo movie. I'd much rather have the same producers who filmed all the live action halo shorts and commercials film an actual movie with the proper budget. They make Halo look how it should be for a film. Directors like Bay will take away the soul of the halo story and replace it with horrible acting and more then necessary pyrotechnics

What they need to do is give it to someone with skill and ability to obtain a massive budget: Peter Jackson.

first movie they SHOULD DO...H-A-R-V-E-S-T!!!!

I'd like that and if done right would be the no.1 best seller the week it \came out, not to mention al of us halo fans....and fanatics(Defeniatly not a bad thing guys! I'm a fanatic..there I said it.) would love the guy who would be directing it.....and because of that he'd make more Halo movies.

first movie they SHOULD DO...H-A-R-V-E-S-T!!!!

I'd like that and if done right would be the no.1 best seller the week it \came out, not to mention al of us halo fans....and fanatics(Defeniatly not a bad thing guys! I'm a fanatic..there I said it.) would love the guy who would be directing it.....and because of that he'd make more Halo movies.

As much as I'd like to see the first Halo film about Harvest, I seriously doubt they'll ever do it, just because it's not in the actual timeline of the Halo games...

I wrote a script and then took a scene from it for a shooting script to shoot a 1.5min no action trailer that is 100% cannon and would not step on toes. I am having someone doing the storyboarding now(70% complete)..and it wouldn't cost virtually anything at all but perhaps one small CGI shot.

I need a Spartan Mark IV suit high quality and then a female suite of the same make.
Already trying to get the gun props myself.

Have location already picked out and the people to shoot it, music selected and everything. I do rough editing for 7yrs.

I will let the forum know when I want to shoot and show the storyboard art etc..

I wrote a script and then took a scene from it for a shooting script to shoot a 1.5min no action trailer that is 100% cannon and would not step on toes. I am having someone doing the storyboarding now(70% complete)..and it wouldn't cost virtually anything at all but perhaps one small CGI shot.

I need a Spartan Mark IV suit high quality and then a female suite of the same make.
Already trying to get the gun props myself.

Have location already picked out and the people to shoot it, music selected and everything. I do rough editing for 7yrs.

I will let the forum know when I want to shoot and show the storyboard art etc..

Well these suits are pretty much custom to fit each person's specific body size. Do you already have the actors for it or can those be included as well? (Could be compensation for me making you a suit if you let me be in the film.) ^_^

Even though I would love to see a halo movie, I believe that the movies should wait until Halo 4 comes out to leave any cliff hangers die out.

As for the 405th Infantry Division creating a movie, I find it very unlikely. My friends and I wanted to create our own Halo: Reach machinima (much like Blue vs. Red), but that died in the water after making our first film.

However, we are planing the creation of a live action halo based series for youtube again.

As for software, we are using the basics:
Windows Movie Maker
Audacity (Audio Editing Software)
Blender (3D Software)
CeltX (Script writing software)

all of the above is free.

And our current location is in Northern Utah, so we have small plains and large mountains in a relatively uninhabited area. we still have forests and snow on our mountains (in July).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back