halo first person helmet cam

Status
Not open for further replies.

rickrtickr

Member DIN
S259
hello 405th

i have mounted a micro cam inside my helmet so that i can take first person videos; check out my test video.

The camera i am using is called a MeCam they cam be found at mecam.me

Last edited by a moderator:
This is very cool, and proves that I was not mad when I thought about putting a camera in my helmet! Excellent work man!

I'm actually looking at getting a mini security cam I can put into the helmet to replace one of the cheek lights for first person video at cons (once I get things built).

That's sick!! I've been thinking of doing something like that for a while by hiding a GoPro in the sensor attachment on the side of my Kat helmet to get people's reaction to my noble team (once I have it finished :p). How heavy is the cam? That's the downside of having it on the side of the helmet is if it's heavy (like a GoPro) it would be hard to wear the helmet.

That's sick!! I've been thinking of doing something like that for a while by hiding a GoPro in the sensor attachment on the side of my Kat helmet to get people's reaction to my noble team (once I have it finished :p). How heavy is the cam? That's the downside of having it on the side of the helmet is if it's heavy (like a GoPro) it would be hard to wear the helmet.

the camera i am using weighs about 2 ounces and is about the size of a Gatorade bottle lid.

That my friend is righteous! Its to bad you probably do not have room to mount it right behind the visor is some way.

Hmm I wonder if it would somehow be possible to use a webcam and have a live feed online for cons.

Hmm I wonder if it would somehow be possible to use a webcam and have a live feed online for cons.
That's actually my plan. Spartan's eye view at Cons. It would be a great vid blog, especially with my height.

Pretty frackin sweet.

I might have to invest in a tiny camera myself.
Can't wait to see more vids!

As an airsoft fan, I love this video and it piques my interest as a halo helmet cam has a lot of potential uses

This is one of the coolest things I have seen all day! Thank you for sharing this. Maybe I will put a camera in my helmet too...eventually.

Is it possible to add blue HUD elements like shield on top and motion tracker to the left corner? :confused That would be even more spectacular. Just being curious...

Is it possible to add blue HUD elements like shield on top and motion tracker to the left corner? :confused That would be even more spectacular. Just being curious...

i am working on the process but i am new to video editing and i am still learning to overlay separate audio and video into one.

This is a really good idea and I'm thinking of installing this in my helmet. How did you secure the camera into your helmet?

This is a really good idea and I'm thinking of installing this in my helmet. How did you secure the camera into your helmet?

i rapped the camera in electrical tape and hot glued around it to make a rubber like frame that holds the camera in place.

this is really interesting. It would be even more awesome if you were to make a first person video. Edit the video so you have your health bar, sensor, etc. Could do some real life slayer. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back