Halo forward unto dawn questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
though out the whole time when Lanksy's dorm mate was unencrypting the video i was waiting for the cam to pan left and right and show Lansky's older brother's death and fade out just after his death by energy sword
They haven't showed Lansky's roommate. Sully (the guy decoding the transmission) appears to be Dimah's roommate, as shown in the first episode with them in the room together.

It could be - hopefully it all gets explained. They only have two more episodes let though...so I don't know.

Ill be able to get a better feel of what is going on when I can watch the whole thing through - hopefully with some special features and other goodies. Pretty sure that its included with the Legendary Edition of H4.

They haven't showed Lansky's roommate. Sully (the guy decoding the transmission) appears to be Dimah's roommate, as shown in the first episode with them in the room together.

from what we have seen Lanksy dosent have a roommate, he seems to be alone at lockdown and every time he is in the room. used dorm mate because i simply forgot the kids name that was doing the decoding

From what I can tell, in part 3, S104 aka Frederic 104 (the Spartan in the freeze-frame, also is John 117's team leader) seems to also be the original Noble 6 that you replaced on Reach based on his armor and helmet configuration, which leads me to assume that he died in that ODST/Covie/Insurrectionist/Spartan fight in that episode. Correct me if I'm wrong? Maybe I'm just jumping the gun before part 4 and 5, but thats what I've gathered so far.
I don't think there was ever a time when John wasn't team leader. In The Fall of Reach he was promoted to team leader after the Pelican Incident. the only time John wasn't leading Blue team on an OP was during the Battle of Earth, when John was fighting the Covenant on Delta Halo, but he was still seen as the leader of the Spartans. If i missed something or dont have my facts straight, i apologize

From what i can recall. I heard rumours floating thst blue team aka kelly john and fred or 87, 117, 104 are in forward unto dawn. Blue team where the first spartans to fight the covenant when they lost sam. Fred took his place. I was under the impression that laskys mum was running the academy as the vid from his mum looks like the woman in hargr of the academy. The woman in charge seems to care for laskys decisions more then she should and they seem like family to me. Id say laskys brother died against the covenant. I thought originally they died on jericho vii in 2537 but i double checked and forward unto dawn takes place well before that. This would have fight at laskys older brother was in the 105th whihc. Got masacred on jericho vii

The woman in charge seems to care for laskys decisions more then she should and they seem like family to me.

The one you're referring too is a Colonel - General Black is the CO of CAMS - but you are right - she does seem to have some sort of attachment to Lasky, especially the way she keeps calling him by his first name - seemed a bit odd to me - but again - hopefully all is explained.

she does seem to have some sort of attachment to Lasky, especially the way she keeps calling him by his first name - seemed a bit odd to me - but again - hopefully all is explained.
They do state that Colonel Mehaffey once served under Lansky's mother, perhaps the scar she has near her right eye might be an wound she got from his mother saving her life and she looks after Lansky as a way to repay that debt... or simply looks after him because she knows his mother has/was never around.

They do state that Colonel Mehaffey once served under Lansky's mother, perhaps the scar she has near her right eye might be an wound she got from his mother saving her life and she looks after Lansky as a way to repay that debt... or simply looks after him because she knows his mother has/was never around.

Very true - forgot about that - I hope she survives the attack - I like her.

Sent from my iPhone5 using mind control!

Maybe just maybe shes a family member? But then again she may not. Im looking forward to seeing blue team droppig in and kicking some ass. That alone will be a feet. Quite keen though to get a better
Look at how
The rubber spartan armour goes

It should go off quite well - its the same process they used for Remember Reach and that armor looked amazing.

Sent from my iPhone5 using mind control!

okay i don't know if you've seen the sneek peck of part four, but they show one of the girls getting impaled by the energy sword and the spec op elite is the same size as her then it goes to active camo and the sword disappers too but it wasn't turned off, plus back in the part 3 when they were watching the vid, wouldn't you think one of them should have said, what's thoughts other rifle sounds because i heard i plasma rifle and needler in it.

Epicness? That is putting it lightly. Seeing how that rubber armor is moving, I think I am in love. Wish I had the 343 budget for a suit like that. However, the action sequence is amazingly done. The FX is awesome too, especially the Covenant weapons fire (I love the plasma contrails). At least this episode wasn't a cliffhanger, but it still left me wanting more!!!

johns armor is freakin wicked. it moves great and has a nice hard bulk look. The weapons fire FX is off the charts love the needler rounds shatter with debris

okay i don't know if you've seen the sneek peck of part four, but they show one of the girls getting impaled by the energy sword and the spec op elite is the same size as her.

The Elite was never the human's size. He just bent his knees low enough to kill her. Watch the video again and you'll see.

okay i've got to ask. where is the rest of blue team?
They're nowhere. They are nothing but shadows in the wind.

Agreed with the armor, it is incredibly done. A small detail I enjoyed was the fact that they used FX to give the impression John weighs over a ton, which we know he does. It's the small things that count.
I wonder if, now that Hollywood has seen that this small, fan-made 5-part series has drawn in MILLIONS of viewers, if they will finally realize the advantages of making a movie, hell maybe even a trilogy from the Halo series. They have the opportunity to make millions or billions if they make it right. Let James Cameron do his thing, he's a God with sci-fi and special effects.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back