Halo forward unto dawn questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if, now that Hollywood has seen that this small, fan-made 5-part series has drawn in MILLIONS of viewers, if they will finally realize the advantages of making a movie, hell maybe even a trilogy from the Halo series. They have the opportunity to make millions or billions if they make it right. Let James Cameron do his thing, he's a God with sci-fi and special effects.
Hey, Forward Unto Dawn is everything but fan made, there are some serious actor in it, Weta stuff and so on. The magic happened because MS decided to produce it itself and make a good script and screenplay. MS and Hollywood didn't agree for a matter of money (think is enough) but I always though (as far as it matters) that an Hollywood made film would have been like Peter Jackson's The Lord of The Rings: a very very very good movie but without the real story of the lord of the rings. To me MS is moving in the right direction about Halo movie...we are going to see ;)

I'm really enjoying Forward Unto Dawn so far. The effects, both practical and digital have been excellent.

The one thing that bugged me though, is that it seems to suffer from a very common problem in Halo media, the retconning/glossing over established canon in order to keep up with recent trends. The biggest example of this so far in FUD is that Fred-104 was using the Reach Mark V helmet in his cameo in part 3. The Mark V wasn’t supposed to enter service until 2551 and FUD takes place around mid 2526, and the Mark V was supposed to just be for SPECWAR Group Three, not for the SPARTAN IIs.

But you got to play to the widest audience who doesn’t know the lore and just recognizes the V as the most recent helmet they're used to from from Halo: Reach. A trend which ends up happening a lot in the Halo universe.

They've got to appeal to a majority audience, and I doubt that most of the kids that play the games now have read into the lore and the older books :p
Irregardless, they're doing a fantastic job with this. Sad that it's only 5-parts, I really hope they continue with it on some other course.

I'm really enjoying Forward Unto Dawn so far. The effects, both practical and digital have been excellent.

The one thing that bugged me though, is that it seems to suffer from a very common problem in Halo media, the retconning/glossing over established canon in order to keep up with recent trends. The biggest example of this so far in FUD is that Fred-104 was using the Reach Mark V helmet in his cameo in part 3. The Mark V wasn’t supposed to enter service until 2551 and FUD takes place around mid 2526, and the Mark V was supposed to just be for SPECWAR Group Three, not for the SPARTAN IIs.

But you got to play to the widest audience who doesn’t know the lore and just recognizes the V as the most recent helmet they're used to from from Halo: Reach. A trend which ends up happening a lot in the Halo universe.

plus if fred doesn't have a knife or two it would just kill him, and if kelly doesn't have EVA it would kill her becasue they had those.

I am pretty sure, from watching some of the BTS stuff, they were going for the look of the armors from Halo Legends: The Package. John's armor has the same look to it and, though I haven't seen the sides of his visor, I think they have the tubing that was visible in the CGI episode. All of the SPARTANS in that episode, except Kelly, have the same helmet. So, it would be safe to say that Fred would have an identical helmet to John's.

They've got to appeal to a majority audience, and I doubt that most of the kids that play the games now have read into the lore and the older books :p
Irregardless, they're doing a fantastic job with this. Sad that it's only 5-parts, I really hope they continue with it on some other course.

From what I've read on Waypoint and Halo's thing on XBox.com its five episodes leading to Halo 4's release, and a total of thirteen episodes that will be released at a later date.

I agree with a few of you guys that Lasky’s mom was reading a script since his brother’s death was a cover up of a Covenant and attack not rebels.

The armor is epic as well, move's so well. MS needs to turn it into a movie, great script, good actors, and excellent Master Chief since the actor is 6'6 already so giving him a little lift puts his height dead on. I like the mix of non Spartan II and newer armor since it's fresher and easier to recognize them.

I have not heard anything about 13 extra episodes, where at was that said?? Would be awesome if it happens!

I agree with a few of you guys that Lasky’s mom was reading a script since his brother’s death was a cover up of a Covenant and attack not rebels.

The armor is epic as well, move's so well. MS needs to turn it into a movie, great script, good actors, and excellent Master Chief since the actor is 6'6 already so giving him a little lift puts his height dead on. I like the mix of non Spartan II and newer armor since it's fresher and easier to recognize them.

I have not heard anything about 13 extra episodes, where at was that said?? Would be awesome if it happens!

well FUD is coming to DVD decmber 6 for 12 bucks.

Not the same thing as a feature film, and FUD is included with the limited edition H4. Still curious to hear about this 13 episodes though since isn't FUD supposed to end just as H4 starts?

I'm sorry, I meant 13 total episodes. From what I read, they have most of it filmed and will be releasing shortly after Halo 4 comes out.

I'm sorry, I meant 13 total episodes. From what I read, they have most of it filmed and will be releasing shortly after Halo 4 comes out.
If that is true, then I might just have to squee. Now, pardon me while I go do something manly like chop down a tree or clean a rifle...

Okay, so the only gripe I had with it was Kelly's helmet... It was more of the Scout than it was EVA. Fred's was almost right, but was supposed to be like John's, only a different color... However, I love the FX, especially the Hunters! Not to mention, their eyes in the end. That was kind of freaky, but awesome. Oh, and the girl playing Kelly is a bit of a cutie.

Okay, so the only gripe I had with it was Kelly's helmet... It was more of the Scout than it was EVA. Fred's was almost right, but was supposed to be like John's, only a different color... However, I love the FX, especially the Hunters! Not to mention, their eyes in the end. That was kind of freaky, but awesome. Oh, and the girl playing Kelly is a bit of a cutie.

Kelly

I agree the Hunters...man that was crazy! Although Lasky's heroic effort of being a decoy was a little more lack lustre...I was hoping for a bit more...other than that what a great series!!!

The end of this part was just wow. Saw Fred and Kelly sitting there and all of a sudden they took their helmets off. I almost giggled like a little schoolgirl.

As for trying to be as much into the story as possible, I thought the light skin the spartans had was dead on, seeing as they aren't much outside of their suits. Same with the hunters, they looked incredibly good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back