Halo Helmet Mod

Status
Not open for further replies.

ironkamakaze

Jr Member
what up everybody just thought i would share this with you let me know what you think[attachment=9947:halo_helmet_1.JPG] [attachment=9948:halo_helmet_2.JPG][attachment=9949:102_0394.JPG]

not only is the stuff you put in the helmet awesome but the helm it self is awesome 5 starz for you * * * * *( and no not the TV channel starz)

the head set would be a lot easier to do than the vox and push to talk like in my helmet . but its really cool having it all inside the helmet . but i still have alot of work to do on it and alot of ideas for the future. tell me some of your ideas for your helmet or armor

I'm hoping to build a small armoury of ODST armour. But as for the armour itself I want to make several 'command' helmets, with two radios inside, set to different frequencies. One for squad based commands, and a command frequency to keep in touch with other squad leaders

You know, this could be revolutionary.
This would certainly help people during cons and such to communicate and other things. You can also look cool while doing so. =D A CB radio would certainly replace walkie talkies and cell phones, because there is not only distance, but also the fact its free.

It took a little while to figure out how to get the radios set up, but it's well worth it. It's not the complete radio either. It has been disassembled to slim it down and, in my helmet, it sit's flush with the padding. The only thing left to add is seperate controls on one of the gauntlets so that you don't have to remove the helmet to change channels and volume etc.

Kamakaze and I initially installed these for the cons. It's too simple and cheap not to have one.

Wear did you guys get the radio anyways? It would be fun just to have some, even if you dont plan on cosplaying with it.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detai...ER&v=glance

You can purchase a Navy SEAL type or secret service throat mic which comes with an ear piece as well.

It's much easier to fit the mic and ear piece into the helmet, ways less than the whole walkie in thier, the volume is easily adjustable, and the mic is set to talk when you speak, so no button pushing.

Just think about this:
Walkies are loud
You have to push to talk
You must charge the unit, which is hard to do if it rammed in your helmet, hard to change channels in their, too

If you go with this idea, I suggest the throat mic/ear piece combo. Way my effective, and designed for this type of thing.

That's how we do in scenario paintball.

juice is right its well worth the time and money to put this set up in your helmet .i think all in all i may have $30.00 in the hardware and maybe a days work on the install .

we bought ours at wal mart for 20.00 and split the cost. but if you have the money the mic/ear peice combo is a good idea. it doesn't really matter how you do it, we just thought it would be a good idea to be able to communicate at the con.

ironkamakaze said:
if anyone is interested i was thinking about doing a tutorial
house-do-want_thumbnail.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
it's funny you say that me and juice or makeing the ironman armor as well and were going over some new ideas today for the radio . i'll see what i can do about getting you guys a video together to show the enter workings

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back