Foam Halo: Infinite Mark V (B) Build (Modular)

JammedMite942

Hello everyone!

I have FINALLY decided to start building my multiplayer spartan from Halo: Infinite. I spent a long time getting everything ready to build, before I get into that, heres the plan!

c1ea847e-1001-4bb4-9cc7-9ae0869639d9.jpg
8804d61c-a3c3-4822-b158-a69b5a442d9a.jpg

Above are images of my spartan that I plan to build. My main goal with the project is to get as accurate as possible to the game. With my last suit, my only goal was to actually finish it and prove I could do it. I think I've improved a lot as a builder since then, so I'm going to set the bar higher. I also have a few side goals for the project. Recently I did a refit of my Master Chief suit (thread about that coming soon!) where I tested a lot of aspects I want to incorporate into this suit. Things such as working lights, an actual under suit as well as fabric components, and properly strapping and fitting the armour. Lastly, another main goal I have for this suit is modularity. Because the Mark V (B) Armour Core is known for its customization, I thought it would be interesting to try and replicate that with my suit. I plan on using a combination of magnets, snap buttons, velcro, and a few other techniques to allow for full customization of the suit. How hard could that be?

Enough of the plan! Today I started simple, due to lack of time (and lack of foam) I decided to just cut the templates out for the bicep (Thanks for the templates RandomRanger!). Because I don't have easy access to Barge Contact Cement, I think I'm just going to use hot glue again for my build, but I'm open to suggestions. What glue do you guys use? I also played around with the idea of 3D printing the entire suit, however I think it would be more fun to build it by hand using foam. I will be 3D printing the helmet though, and I'm going to try vacuum forming the visor, so that should be interesting!

Anyway, thats the first update! I'll try to keep you guys posted as I go along, and I'm going to ATTEMPT to keep track of my costs as well. If you guys have any tips or advice it would be much appreciated, and Happy Halloween!

Attachments

• 8804d61c-a3c3-4822-b158-a69b5a442d9a.jpg
    8804d61c-a3c3-4822-b158-a69b5a442d9a.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 93
Love the concept! Yeah, personally in my opinion 3D printed helmets are just all round better, But a foam suit luckily allows for flexibility! I'm super excited to see this get built! I'm guessing since you want to get as game accurate as possible you are going for tier 3?

Love the concept! Yeah, personally in my opinion 3D printed helmets are just all round better, But a foam suit luckily allows for flexibility! I'm super excited to see this get built! I'm guessing since you want to get as game accurate as possible you are going for tier 3?
Thanks! Yup, I’m going for tier 3, gonna have to check the requirements for it while I’m building tho!

Ooooh very exciting! If you can get that barge stuff it's totally worth it imo. But being 15 minutes from the US does mean I can get it a bit easier than the rest of you canadians haha. Best of luck getting tier 3!

Ooooh very exciting! If you can get that barge stuff it's totally worth it imo. But being 15 minutes from the US does mean I can get it a bit easier than the rest of you canadians haha. Best of luck getting tier 3!
Thanks! I guess that would make it easier lol, I have a quick question tho. How do you use barge during the winter? I’m concerned about all the fumes, and I don’t think my garage is warm enough for it to adhere properly. Any advice?

Alright, quick update time!

I finished the left bicep today, and I gotta say for a first attempt in a few years its not bad. Seams are still VERY rough but I think this will be a good piece to test stuff out some new methods on. Also I should mention I'm still using hot glue, womp womp.

IMG_7952.png
IMG_7953 (1).png
IMG_7951 2.png

It's probably difficult to see with my terrible basement lighting, but it needs some work. I'm going to try to fill and sand the seams tomorrow or this weekend, I'll keep you posted!

In the meantime, any feedback is appreciated, thanks for reading!

Hey guys, It's been a minute. I've been working on this a lot the past month and I think its time for a general update.

FOAM ARMOUR
So, I FINALLY bought some barge contact cement to try it out... and I'm never going back to hot glue. It is actually incredible the kind of seams I can get with this stuff. The only downside I have with it is how smelly it is, but a respirator and working in my garage fixed that. So far I've rebuilt the biceps, and worked on the gauntlets, and torso piece. For all of these I had to modify the templates slightly to better match the models from Halo: Infinite, and I completely scratch built the prosthetic, I think it turned out great! Here are some photos!

IMG_8023.jpg
IMG_8022.jpg
IMG_8021.jpg
IMG_8020.jpg
IMG_8019.jpg

Now, slight issue, half of these parts are scaled incorrectly, so I have to rebuild them. Womp Womp. Of the parts shown, I will have to rebuild the left gauntlet and the torso, but I think it'll be worth it. Good news is I finally caved and bought armorsmith, so now scaling is a breeze! With some help from youtube and the 405th discord, I now have a new scaling plan to use, here it is:

IMG_8088.jpg

This is my most recent version of the scaling. I think I've gotten it as close to the game as I can, but let me know if you have any suggestions! I'm really excited to see where this goes, and I've come up with a lot of interesting plans for both the helmet and the suit involving lights and quite possibly sounds, but you'll have to stay tuned!
TL;DR: I built some parts but they were too small, so I bought armorsmith and scaled everything properly.

As usual, any feedback you guys have is greatly appreciated, thanks for reading!

This thread is more than 4 months old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back