Halo Infinite - Mark VI Gen III Build

Status
Not open for further replies.

sfritts10

Hey guys! Long-time fan, mid-time lurker, short-time builder. Figured I'd go ahead and start a WIP thread on my Halo Infinite build, I'll be posting my resources + crediting modelers when needed and such on here. Can't wait to finally be one of you guys (with more than a Disguise Ultra Prestige kit)! :)

Resources:

Digital:
Armorsmith (3D Scaling Software)
FreeCAD Basic (Splitting Software)
Ultimaker Cura (Slicing Software)

Physical:
Creality Ender 3 (3D Printer)
Valken V-Tak Paintball Gloves - XL - Black (Gloves)

Credits:
BranfuhrStudios (Helmet: Visor)
MoeSizzlac (3D Model Files: Handplates, Forearms, v2 Chest/Back)
Nikko Industries (3D Model Files: Bicep)
RustySprattDesigns (Helmet: Cast / ON PRE-ORDER)

Last edited:
Not my most professional editing by any means (what can I say? It's on mobile), but figured I'd sticky my primary Pantone Code references for future use.

Attachments

• Pantone Codes.jpg
    Pantone Codes.jpg
    148.5 KB · Views: 220
Welcome to the 405th....
i am building my infinite suit and im using MoeSizzlac's armor files that and one i bought online to bring mine to life. it is not a easy armor build. but then again if it were so easy everyone would have a set of armor. but if i can help you in your build just let me know and i will do my best.

Attachments

• 20200908_135830.jpg
    20200908_135830.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 259
Welcome to the 405th....
i am building my infinite suit and im using MoeSizzlac's armor files that and one i bought online to bring mine to life. it is not a easy armor build. but then again if it were so easy everyone would have a set of armor. but if i can help you in your build just let me know and i will do my best.
Thank you! I actually came across your thread when I was doing some initial research and yours turned out really well :D MoeSizzlac's files seem to be some of the most accurate files I've found so far, he's got talent!

Yes they are, as i find thing from the game demo that needs to be fixed i just let him know and he is right on it. Moesizzlac is a really super dude.

I'm also building one, I'll be making and posting foam templates from Moe's models eventually (it is my winter project for once the weather gets blah. Happy to share them if you are going to be building in foam.

Excited to follow along with your build.

Update so far!

1.) Downloaded MoeSizzlac’s files + Armorsmith and am in the process of scaling + slicing primary body armor pieces.
2.) Browsed through for vendors that can mix Pantone Code spraypaint. Opting for myperfectcolor once I can scrounge up the funds for a batch of 2276 C. I’m thinking 11 oz cans x5-8 would make for a good amount for suit + patch-ups?
3.) Used my rejected handplates for paint effect testing (rejected due to print details that are difficult to reach and will be reprinted with a different alignment). Changing the current green in favor of 2276 C once I get my hands on it but I will definitely be using the iridescent wash seen here when the time comes!
4.) Plans for undersuit and helmet are discussed and am waiting for pre-orders to open! Currently hoping to get a hold of Branfuhr Studios’s visor, Rusty_Spratt_Designs helmet cast, and an undersuit casting that I was messaged about shortly after posting this. ☺️

Hope to have some photos of some printed pieces fairly soon!

Attachments

• 6B4C6A37-3ADA-4B65-A531-ACA4863C4D4C.jpeg
    6B4C6A37-3ADA-4B65-A531-ACA4863C4D4C.jpeg
    897.6 KB · Views: 231
I'm also building one, I'll be making and posting foam templates from Moe's models eventually (it is my winter project for once the weather gets blah. Happy to share them if you are going to be building in foam.

Excited to follow along with your build.
Best of luck on the build, can't wait to see how it goes!

I slapped some of Moe’s files into Armorsmith and have this much in regards to base proportions (waiting until I have the boots before I do the boot plates), but it’s coming along! ❤️

Also, gonna be real: I went Lara Croft on the shoulder plate by oversizing it and ended up loving the size. 140% scale looked almost exactly like what I wanted

Attachments

• E0985A39-B840-4CA3-8EAB-958649A6716A.png
    E0985A39-B840-4CA3-8EAB-958649A6716A.png
    821.6 KB · Views: 237
I slapped some of Moe’s files into Armorsmith and have this much in regards to base proportions (waiting until I have the boots before I do the boot plates), but it’s coming along! ❤️

Also, gonna be real: I went Lara Croft on the shoulder plate by oversizing it and ended up loving the size. 140% scale looked almost exactly like what I wanted
That is what did on the shoulder because my first print was to small I like the look of the armor

And the printing begins! (Mind the weird pose in the render, but mostly aimed to get the cover art pose on head & shoulders in order to determine proportions.)

Also adding some of Nikko Industries’s sections (biceps, legs, cod, chest, shoulders) in tandem with MoeSizzlac’s (forearm, handplate, spine, boots). Still juggling between sections to determine what’ll work and will have a more definitive list of “what went where” later on but it’s looking promising so far!

Attachments

• BED55E64-AF80-4B9A-9166-BD4866B35EEA.jpeg
    BED55E64-AF80-4B9A-9166-BD4866B35EEA.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 277
  • AE4C71FE-69CC-476E-90E5-5828A5F93692.jpeg
    AE4C71FE-69CC-476E-90E5-5828A5F93692.jpeg
    988.6 KB · Views: 203
Slight change of plans in regards to the color. Managed to stumble on a color (Rustoleum Paint+Primer: Satin - “Eden”) posted by a member of the Facebook group Halo Props and figured I’d try it out. It’s lighter IRL but matches my Pantone Code almost PERFECTLY <3

Attachments

• 44F81F9F-55C9-4F5A-8A32-3392727C72C1.jpeg
    44F81F9F-55C9-4F5A-8A32-3392727C72C1.jpeg
    213.2 KB · Views: 182
Slight change of plans in regards to the color. Managed to stumble on a color (Rustoleum Paint+Primer: Satin - “Eden”) posted by a member of the Facebook group Halo Props and figured I’d try it out. It’s lighter IRL but matches my Pantone Code almost PERFECTLY <3
where did you get this paint at? if i may ask it is the lighter one in the picture right

Hey guys!

Touching base, printing is still going on strong. Got both biceps printed, and am currently working on the forearms at this time. Slow and steady wins the race after all!

I've also briefly tinkered with the V2 Chestplate+Backplate combo by MoeSizzlac and he absolutely NAILED it! Notable details include the shoulder region details being added (the hill/valley effect seen in gameplay footage), inverted the boxes to a V-Shape going inwards, and some geometry adjustments to the breastplates (that subtle V-shape slant near the shoulder clips). The added details really pop out, and will definitely be my combo of choice going forward. I love it!!

Attachments

• 2020-11-03.png
    2020-11-03.png
    825.6 KB · Views: 173
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back