1st Build Halo Infinite Master Chief (3D print build)

DRDINGBOBBLE64

What software did you use to cut everything you needed to in half?
I used meshmixer. There is a tool called "plane cut" that allows you to cut things and export each half as an .stl file. I had to cut the chest into 8 pieces, and the back had to be cut into 14 in order to have everything able to print on my Ender-5.

DRDINGBOBBLE64

20220324_231533.jpg

20220324_091135.jpg

I know that this is not the most significant update to give, but the lower left quarter of the chest has been printed. I left one of the upper left parts on the printer as I went out of town. When I get back I will have 3/4 of the left half of the chest finished, I should be able to start that last quarter as soon as I get back tomorrow afternoon. Look for an update on Saturday/Sunday with the rest of the left half of the chest.

wow... that was probably really confusing to read since I was talking about sections of a section of a section. Sorry about that lol.

DRDINGBOBBLE64

so... I was hoping to have the chest done by now but some unseen obstacles had gotten in the way. In other words: There's good news and bad news.

The Bad:
-It turns out you are supposed to replace the hotend on your printer after every so often. I had never replaced it since I bought the printer in the summer of 2019... Can you see where this is going? no? well, a small fire started and destroyed the heating cartridge and thermistor.

The Good:
-I replaced the ender 5 hotend and it is printing as good as new
-I got my ender 3 pro back up and running
-I finished printing the Daft Punk helmet on my ender 3 pro so now it is back to working on chief
-I have 3/4 parts printing right now to finish the chest.

I should have an update in a few days when I get the chest all printed and put together. I'll include photos then.

PlanetAlexander

RMO
405th Regiment Officer
Oh no... that's about when I got my printer! And I haven't replaced mine. Didn't know you needed to until it was a problem. Hope apart from those parts, nothing else in your house/workshop got damaged?

DRDINGBOBBLE64

Oh no... that's about when I got my printer! And I haven't replaced mine. Didn't know you needed to until it was a problem. Hope apart from those parts, nothing else in your house/workshop got damaged?
Nothing else in my office was damaged, the fire was not large at all (about the size of a normal candle flame.) It was probably caused by constant stress. I tend to take the hotend cover off a lot to access the hotend (replacing nozzles, unclogging, etc.) so it was presumably caused by wires being worn down from the way I had to move the cover. I completely replaced my hotend on the Ender-5 after it happened and it is now printing as good as it was when I first bought it. It is currently printing 2 of the 3 remaining pieces for the chest.

DRDINGBOBBLE64

Quick update, I have printed out about 1/4th of the back since the last update. I took a couple of days to let my printers rest... also I was fidgeting with the files. Galactic Armory's files that I am using for this project really do not take too kindly to being cut up... Anyways, I'd say give it another week and I should have the torso all printed!

Waltimusprime

Quick update, I have printed out about 1/4th of the back since the last update. I took a couple of days to let my printers rest... also I was fidgeting with the files. Galactic Armory's files that I am using for this project really do not take too kindly to being cut up... Anyways, I'd say give it another week and I should have the torso all printed!
i think the files look great, but they are not user friendly at all. and have SOO much wasted filament to the insides. wish i understood file editing more and could cut and remove the entire inner shell and only leave the outer shell. id have saved at least 5 kg

DRDINGBOBBLE64

I have the right side of the back printed out, I am going to be completely booked this weekend, so I won't be able to have it glued together for a bit. i may wait until I have the entirety of the back printed out to get glue-ing

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.