Not open for further replies.

AugmentedHuman013

DMO and RXO
Division Staff
405th Regiment Officer
Member DIN
S613
Hey there Spartans and Helljumpers

Is there anyone that has, or one is willing to help me out. I am looking for the computer screens for Master chiefs vitals from halo Combat evolved. So it will actually play like a vital screen would. And a high depth of the oni logo spinning like a lock screen.

I know this might be a tall order but never hurts to ask

Screenshot_20180905-020635_Chrome.jpg

Hey there Spartans and Helljumpers

Is there anyone that has, or one is willing to help me out. I am looking for the computer screens for Master chiefs vitals from halo Combat evolved. So it will actually play like a vital screen would. And a high depth of the oni logo spinning like a lock screen.

I know this might be a tall order but never hurts to ask

View attachment 259524

It's been a long while since I played Combat Evolved, do you know what all moves on these windows? Getting some of the smaller windows to move would take work, but it's not impossible. If the Spartan image rotates, that might be trickier, same with the ONI logo.

Also, I too missed Linda's vital screen all those years ago lol

Heart rate would change I think cryo life support would change and I think the dialog on the lower right would rotate thru.

It's been a long while since I played Combat Evolved, do you know what all moves on these windows? Getting some of the smaller windows to move would take work, but it's not impossible. If the Spartan image rotates, that might be trickier, same with the ONI logo.

Also, I too missed Linda's vital screen all those years ago lol

Basically these 3 boxes I think would be

20180906_105853.jpg

Basically these 3 boxes I think would be

View attachment 259579

Ok, I've thought of two ways to go about this. #1. Record gameplay of Combat Evolved with the HUD removed and capture this screen in-game as it moves. Set it on a loop post productions and boom! #2. Find the still image of this with the gun out of the way and animate the individual boxes with custom built animations. It would be a lot harder, but then you could add your own special effects like custom text and increased heart rate.

For option #1, I only have the older version of Combat Evolved on the PC, so I'm not sure how high the definition would be on that game's version (looks like the image above was shot with the Master Chief Collection version). If you wanted to go with option #2, I'd just need to find a better image and I could animate the boxes with some Adobe magic.

How the hell have I missed Linda's status screen all of these years?!?! :confused:

-Matt

Only added in CE:Anniversary. It´s not there in the Classic Version.

animate the individual boxes with custom built animations

The Oni Logo is already a loading screen in Halo 4 - someone could rip that, maybe?
For a rotating Model of Chief you could use another game rip or an armory file from here and animate it in any 3dprogramm, Blender, Max, etc. This will be hard, but easier than building it from scratch up.
The rest is simple 2d, reusing the game assets trough ingame-capture the easiest way here. Would be harder to match the different styles together.
There`s actually a subreddit for UI work, similar questions are answered there....i am no expert, just interested.

Btw - the famous Gmunk ( worked on tron:legacy) did UI for Halo Wars 2 apparently?!

Last edited:
This is really cool. What are you planning on using it for? Like would it be a computer program, or something you could display on a wrist-mounted tac pad or something like that? Or something else, I'm kinda clueless.

This is really cool. What are you planning on using it for? Like would it be a computer program, or something you could display on a wrist-mounted tac pad or something like that? Or something else, I'm kinda clueless.

I have been throwing an idea around for a year of so for a cryo tube photo op. When we do booths. I was able to score 2 display screens from my work. Basically they run videos off of sd cards. There about 18in x 12 in. I am looking to use them to get a step closer to building the tube

I have been throwing an idea around for a year of so for a cryo tube photo op. When we do booths. I was able to score 2 display screens from my work. Basically they run videos off of sd cards. There about 18in x 12 in. I am looking to use them to get a step closer to building the tube

Oh! That sounds awesome! Best of luck with the project, I look forward to seeing it come together!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back