Halo Movie Back In Development?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I never understood why people like the MKVI armor so much.

It just looks so boring. It went from actually looking like a suit of powered armor to just being another sci-fi suit.

The body is basically just a green robocop.

xalener said:
The body is basically just a green robocop.

LOL

bekindrewind_robocop.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
lol i think that james cammron should produce the halo move... i just hope he dosent take 14 years like he did with avitar to do it xD

//Jeremy

DevilFish101 said:
lol i think that james cammron should produce the halo move... i just hope he dosent take 14 years like he did with avitar to do it xD

//Jeremy

I really thing District 9 > Avatar. OH BUT THE VISUA- No. I don't want Avatar with humans as the good guys, I want Halo.

I'm still trying to think of a list of voice actors that would be used, hmmm. Could be interesting.

It will be a good film as long as they don't take too many creative liberties.

bobbio555 said:
I really thing District 9 > Avatar. OH BUT THE VISUA- No. I don't want Avatar with humans as the good guys, I want Halo.

Isn't that what Halo is? loljk

But seriously if Cameron did Halo it would be regulat Halo, because Halo rips so much off Cameron it's funny.

xalener said:
Isn't that what Halo is? loljk

But seriously if Cameron did Halo it would be regulat Halo, because Halo rips so much off Cameron it's funny.

In the interest of fairness though, it's worth pointing out that James Cameron "rips off" other people just as much as Bungie did him. He may very well be a cinematic genius, but he did not invent space marines. Not a criticism, seeing as how it's a pretty common practice, just an observation.

Sepharih said:
In the interest of fairness though, it's worth pointing out that James Cameron "rips off" other people just as much as Bungie did him. He may very well be a cinematic genius, but he did not invent space marines. Not a criticism, seeing as how it's a pretty common practice, just an observation.

Yes, but Heinlein sucks*.

In all seriousness though, Halo is the biggest collection of sci fi action clichées ever devised. It just got them in the right order such that people liked it rather than loathed it. The large majority of those have been covered by Cameron, regardless of whether he created the concept. A Halo movie by Cameron would be Aliens with Ripley swapped out for the Chief and Cortana. And that is why Cameron will never do it.

Inspiration =/= Ripping Off. Enough with the Avatar bashing. We all know it was a pretty poor movie excluding the technical achievements of its production.

*It's a joke, don't worry.

Peter Cooper said:
Yes, but Heinlein sucks*.

In all seriousness though, Halo is the biggest collection of sci fi action clichées ever devised. It just got them in the right order such that people liked it rather than loathed it. The large majority of those have been covered by Cameron, regardless of whether he created the concept. A Halo movie by Cameron would be Aliens with Ripley swapped out for the Chief and Cortana. And that is why Cameron will never do it.

Inspiration =/= Ripping Off. Enough with the Avatar bashing. We all know it was a pretty poor movie excluding the technical achievements of its production.

*It's a joke, don't worry.

And on that note I'd like to say something else:

unoriginal =/= bad. In terms of story you can criticize Avatar for being exactly what you, correctly, describe Halo as. They're both hodge podges of all the best parts of science fiction and action movies. That's why some are calling Avatar the new Star wars, and why I consider Halo to be my Star Wars. It's important to remember why cliche's are cliche's: they're storytelling ideas and devices that work, so they've been utilized over and over again.

xalener said:
I still think Del Torro would've kicked ass.

Blomkamp would've too.

*sigh*

personally, I'd rather see a Del Torro Bioshock movie.

District 9 isn't as good as Avatar to me because the beginning is like a documentary and then its a movie about one person and how he runs away and turns into an alien.

Dr. KriSpY said:
District 9 isn't as good as Avatar to me because the beginning is like a documentary and then its a movie about one person and how he runs away and turns into an alien.

So? Avatar was just Pocahontas + Fern Gully in 3D...

I personally thought D9 was, at its core, a better film. The story of Avatar was so predictable. The sad scenes weren't that sad, the climax wasn't climactic...

D9 at least made me want to go back and see it again. So I did. Twice more. :p

EDIT: I did make this reply without reading a lot of the Avatar/D9 debate. Forgive me! Haha.

I would have loved for that team to have done the Halo movie. It would have been new and fresh, with enough of what we want and care about seeing in a Halo movie. Personally, I would loathe a movie based around Master Chief. There are three games you can play as him. I want something new to me. A story arc I haven't heard of. Tie-ins and cameos from mainline characters would be great, but something new would really deliver.

I hope they are making the movie, but I hope it has a story line that branches off of the games, not rehashes and murders the plot we already know and love

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back