Halo Movie Back in Production?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I only remember one opening score for Landfall, and that was the same music used in the High Charity level on Halo 3, so I assume it's Marty's.

My issue with with Williams is that he can definitely write a good theme, but everything in between the themes is totally forgettable. If you listen to his soundtracks, you end up sleepwalking through an hour of music and all you remember is the couple-minute theme. Obvously, there are a few exceptions, but that's my general experience listening to his scores.

Well, I've always been a massive Star Wars fan, and I can listen to every single piece from the soundtrack and not get bored. But that's just me, I'm a tad wierd like that.

And I didn't think about the guy who did the music for the games... seems a bit silly in hindsight, but I agree. If the movie doesn't reflect the atmosphere of the game, it probably won't work well.

^^sadly i don't believe that. Distribution you would think would be the last thing to negotiate because no one would agree to it until they see the finished project. Also studios can make a film and then shop it around for distribution by someone else. Sure, it would be difficult to sink $200million into a movie without distribution lined up...but with Halo..i think someone would do it lol.

^^sadly i don't believe that. Distribution you would think would be the last thing to negotiate because no one would agree to it until they see the finished project. Also studios can make a film and then shop it around for distribution by someone else. Sure, it would be difficult to sink $200million into a movie without distribution lined up...but with Halo..i think someone would do it lol.
You have to realize that Hollywoodites do not think the way that normal people think. It is an entirely different world...

Super huge Halo/Star Wars fan. I can say Marty and John are wonderful composers and I have a few songs of theirs on my ipod. However, I still think Marty should be the one to do the music in the Halo movie. IF they decided to work together that could be cool.

Also, if they need ANY Background actors/Extras, then I'd be down there ASAP. It'd be really cool to be in a movie that is based off a game you love. It'd be even cooler if they allowed or wanted people with ODST or Spartan armor to be in a battle scene.

I think cutting Marty from any Halo movie would be a slap in (his) face. He has created the musical side of the Halo-verse (not single-handedly, granted), and he has helped it grow immensely from the beginning. I'm sure Williams would do an awesome job (huge SW fan here!), but I just think Marty should have that right, unless he declines.

I think cutting Marty from any Halo movie would be a slap in (his) face. He has created the musical side of the Halo-verse (not single-handedly, granted), and he has helped it grow immensely from the beginning. I'm sure Williams would do an awesome job (huge SW fan here!), but I just think Marty should have that right, unless he declines.
If John Williams is the class act I believe him to be, he would decline and recommend Marty and Michael Salvatori anyway.

This is one of the reasons I believe any Halo film should be purely CG (not live-action), and made in-house by Bungie, Microsoft, and 343 Industries. They know enough (at least) not to f*** with what already works fine. And if the cinematic cutscenes in Halo: Reach are any indication, it just might be doable, too.

This isn't Halo related, but it is related to the topic. Did anyone hear that Ubisoft has just opened a production company and movies for Splinter Cell, Ghost Recon, Rainbow Six, and Assassin's Creed are now in the works? I really hope that they don't screw this up. I have been waiting for a Rainbow Six and Splinter Cell movie for years...

This isn't Halo related, but it is related to the topic. Did anyone hear that Ubisoft has just opened a production company and movies for Splinter Cell, Ghost Recon, Rainbow Six, and Assassin's Creed are now in the works? I really hope that they don't screw this up. I have been waiting for a Rainbow Six and Splinter Cell movie for years...

You gotta link for that? I've wanted a RB6 movie based on the book since I first read it. They probably won't do it that way, though, they'd tick off The Seirra Club.

Personally, I'd like a live-action Halo movie. There are people tall enough to play Spartans (guys who played Predators in the various movies), but they could also digitally make the Spartan actors taller, like they made Gimli digitally smaller in LOTR, at least I think that's what they did...

You gotta link for that? I've wanted a RB6 movie based on the book since I first read it. They probably won't do it that way, though, they'd tick off The Seirra Club.
I got the link through Gamespot. I have it set so they send me news whenever Ghost Recon Future Soldier is updated, which is never. Anyway, I hope it works out. Here's the link.

http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/action/tom-clancys-ghost-recon-future-soldier/news/6313946/assassins-creed-splinter-cell-ghost-recon-feature-films-en-route?mode=news&tag=stitialclk%3Bgamespace

Your right about RB6 though. God forbid anybody insult the greenies, especially the rich, insane ones. :angry

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back