HALO ODST Diorama - New Mombasa

Status
Not open for further replies.
Voila ! All molds are ready ! In total, there are almost 170 !
dRM8eQJ.jpg

pf7SRGX.jpg

I used almost all 5 kg of silicone that I ordered. But now I have no more casts to do for the characters and their accessories. It remains only one thing to be molded but not for now.

By the time the silicone hardens I took the opportunity to make a new box for the palm trees, more faithful to the game.
WFV1fIv.jpg

MQF5nDc.jpg

tXtQalT.jpg

It remains to install the palm trees and this part of the diorama will be almost finished. Few details to add : cartridge case, waste, debris etc .... Then I will go to the second part of diorama.
To give you envy, I put the plan of the complete diorama, as I thought it (I'm not a very good draftsman) :

http://i.imgur.com/qGrrMxv.jpg?1
(I'll try to translate all annotations in English)

You can not see inside the buildings : it's still a surprise !

See you soon for new pictures !!

Looking great as always!

Crazy Good dude the attention to detail for the smallest things is outstanding !
Thanks guys !!
It's the little details that give realism so I have to be careful with them.

oh man this is awesome! It's all scale to the Mcfarlane figures?
Thanks man ! :)
Yes everything is on the scale to the McFarlane figures, about 1:15.

As promised, here the plan of the entire diorama in English :)

http://i.imgur.com/8uulMjj.jpg?1

xu3YcjQ.jpg

The palm tree pot is finished :)

9gM0jz4.jpg

c9muOOa.jpg

It remains for me to put just two or three little things and the first part of the diorama is finally finished !!!!

Looks like there will be a lot of dead grunts!
A good Grunt is a dead Grunt !
And yet you have not seen it all ! But there will not just Grunts who will be dead.

The first part is finished ! At last ! There is nothing more to do on it. I'll post soon pictures when I find how and where to make them. I will also make a short video.

I started the second part : in the plan below, you can see that this is the same building. In this plan I added blue numbers in the corners at the top left. This is the order in which I intend to make the diorama.
vJiYpS9.jpg

Regarding the making of the second part of the diorama, I'll put photos as usual but for video I let you choose : what do you see ?
- the making of a character ?
- the making of a piece of furniture ?
- the painting ?
etc ...

Tell me and I will try do to my best to satisfy you :)

Let's go ! It only remains to do everything !!!
eEJzcQR.jpg

It's been a while, I apologize... We need a small update !

For some time I have been working on my different replicas. Today this work ends with the Plasma Pistol painting.
I also built a CNC to help me in all my projects. So I had to build it and learn to master it (these two things took me a lot of time).

I did this for 3 reasons : to have a copy of each replica for my collection, to show you finished resin kits and to put pictures in my portfolio (I would like to find a job that is closest to propmaking and I think / hope that what I do at home will help me).

Now that the replicas are finished (I will post photos without delay) I will resume my main project : this HALO 3 ODST diorama. It’s a project that is very important to me and that I have a lot of fun working on. I would like to finish it for the month of September 2019, the 10 years anniversary of the game.

I sincerely hope that my work on the diorama will please you, if I can do what I have in mind I think you will be satisfied.

- Valentin

I have already started working again and with the CNC it is going much faster : it cuts the extruded polystyrene much faster and more precisely than me.
The structure of the building is finished, tomorrow I will cut (by hand this time) the expanded PCV which will cover the polystyrene: it will take me a little more time.

7XUor7d.jpg

Before the CNC
07KUqDU.jpg

After the CNC
X5Osy9S.jpg

This is my home made CNC.
tNOQe5U.jpg

RESISTANCE is back this time :D

Hey Tim, it's been a long time since I logged in here. But, I had to after seeing you're still working on this. The quality of your build is even better than ever. Good luck with the 2019 deadline. I can't wait to see what you come up with.

Glad to see you back. I loved the work you were doing on this diorama and I am excited to see you back at it!

This build is possibly one of the coolest things I've ever seen. Your attention to detail is amazing. Can't wait to see more!

Hey Tim, it's been a long time since I logged in here. But, I had to after seeing you're still working on this. The quality of your build is even better than ever. Good luck with the 2019 deadline. I can't wait to see what you come up with.
Thank you :) I hope I'll be able to finish it at time !

Glad to see you back. I loved the work you were doing on this diorama and I am excited to see you back at it!

This build is possibly one of the coolest things I've ever seen. Your attention to detail is amazing. Can't wait to see more!
Thanks guys ! ;)

Just to give you an idea of what it's going to look like, I attached (temporarily) the walls together :

The building's facade.
ZRMiqX1.jpg

XVnqh8G.jpg

The rooftop
iwH3nkf.jpg

The 1rst floor (it will be an holographic room)
wFUAOpU.jpg

The ground floor
Sw8tODz.jpg

And this : I've draw this on AutoCAD and my CNC has make the rest of the job, but : can you guess what it is ? (If you have saw the diorama's plan, you should know)
koHs02Y.jpg

Thank you :) I hope I'll be able to finish it at time !

Thanks guys ! ;)

Just to give you an idea of what it's going to look like, I attached (temporarily) the walls together :

The building's facade.
View attachment 251777

View attachment 251778

The rooftop
View attachment 251779

The 1rst floor (it will be an holographic room)
View attachment 251780

The ground floor
View attachment 251781

And this : I've draw this on AutoCAD and my CNC has make the rest of the job, but : can you guess what it is ? (If you have saw the diorama's plan, you should know)
View attachment 251782
I'm guessing those last few pieces are the trash container underneath the bridge?

This is awesome stuff. I have always wanted to make some cool dioramas. But I lack the skill set and the patience. Look forward to seeing more of this.

Wow!! Love this! I am a huge fan of diorama building. Been wanting to do a Halo one myself. This is inspiring!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back