Halo ODST Landfall WIP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Steering the fire team back on track. Finished the hip plates last night and started the rigging. The cheapo Amazon vest isn’t going to work soooo custom it is!

I also cut all the holes for the shin straps and started preparing them for paint as well.

Attachments

• 5AEF3201-5A9B-4BB2-8C3C-7C440BFB12AC.jpeg
    5AEF3201-5A9B-4BB2-8C3C-7C440BFB12AC.jpeg
    4.3 MB · Views: 212
  • ED703CD9-25EB-4BB1-97E1-9FE0AE58F7F5.jpeg
    ED703CD9-25EB-4BB1-97E1-9FE0AE58F7F5.jpeg
    5 MB · Views: 228
  • 5522B364-7459-4EF1-A369-470FEC455F70.jpeg
    5522B364-7459-4EF1-A369-470FEC455F70.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 209
Ah nice to see the plastic slides printed! How was it? I assume it might've been too tight for the nylon strap to pass through since I didn't provide alot of clearance...

Also just incase you don't know the alignment of the clips here's a photo.

They're the same on the back side aswell.

They're on a strap attached to the waist box and are attached on the inner sides of the hip plate.

Steering the fire team back on track. Finished the hip plates last night and started the rigging. The cheapo Amazon vest isn’t going to work soooo custom it is!

I also cut all the holes for the shin straps and started preparing them for paint as well.
This looks really good.

Also, I know it's not new in the post, but that chest piece looks like you stole it right out of H3 ODST and makes me want to build one. How did you paint it?

Ah nice to see the plastic slides printed! How was it? I assume it might've been too tight for the nylon strap to pass through since I didn't provide alot of clearance...

Also just incase you don't know the alignment of the clips here's a photo.

They're the same on the back side aswell.

View attachment 271447

They're on a strap attached to the waist box and are attached on the inner sides of the hip plate.
I actually got the straps to pass through. Took some persuading but I made it. Thanks for the files.

This looks really good.

Also, I know it's not new in the post, but that chest piece looks like you stole it right out of H3 ODST and makes me want to build one. How did you paint it?
So for the paint I used all Alclad II airbrush paints.
Gloss Black Base Coat, Polished Aluminum, Clear Coat then their Gunmetal.

Waiting on my decals from Huntress, then I can weather it and call it done.

Attachments

• 14AE0E5A-DA42-411A-877F-49B43AA2673C.jpeg
    14AE0E5A-DA42-411A-877F-49B43AA2673C.jpeg
    557.8 KB · Views: 175
  • D5542603-04DE-4C7E-A163-D96C00DC178B.jpeg
    D5542603-04DE-4C7E-A163-D96C00DC178B.jpeg
    549.2 KB · Views: 180
  • 04C47B7C-E1E3-48BF-9F14-FD06749E184B.jpeg
    04C47B7C-E1E3-48BF-9F14-FD06749E184B.jpeg
    570.6 KB · Views: 174
  • 606837B9-B3B5-49DC-A3A5-BFA9F80448CD.jpeg
    606837B9-B3B5-49DC-A3A5-BFA9F80448CD.jpeg
    658.8 KB · Views: 179
So for the paint I used all Alclad II airbrush paints.
Gloss Black Base Coat, Polished Aluminum, Clear Coat then their Gunmetal.

Waiting on my decals from Huntress, then I can weather it and call it done.
Wait, so you did a clear coat and then painted on top of it??
I also find it interested you went with a gloss base, cause I've always been told to avoid gloss like the plauge... but this may be the best paint job I've seen... so they're probably wrong.

I want to repaint my suit after looking at this thread. Curse you :p

Last edited:
I also find it interested you went with a gloss base, cause I've always been told to avoid gloss like the plauge... but this may be the best paint job I've seen... so they're probably wrong.

Yes, reason being is that you can scratch off the top coat before applying another layer of clear to reveal the metallic paint under to give a more genuine look to worn down paint.

Dam fine job NobleTravis. If I weren't already in the middle of several build, I would steal some ideas from you on an ODST. Still might......;). Well done!!!
Glad I could help inspire! Please by all means use anything I’ve talked about. That’s what community is for and if you have further questions feel free to message me here or on IG @ off__earth

Think of it like this, fresh off of an assembly line it’s going to be all shiny and new. What happens after it’s seen a year of combat? That’s where the Weathering comes into play! So yes there are some shiny bits but it’s all nasty and grimy now!

Think of it like this, fresh off of an assembly line it’s going to be all shiny and new. What happens after it’s seen a year of combat? That’s where the Weathering comes into play! So yes there are some shiny bits but it’s all nasty and grimy now!
Yeah, I can see how this makes sense. I don't have an airbrush, so I stick with spray paint... but now I know how to improve my suit after adding detail and panel lines :)

Yeah, I can see how this makes sense. I don't have an airbrush, so I stick with spray paint... but now I know how to improve my suit after adding detail and panel lines :)
Spray Paints work well too. I’ve been transitioning to it for my gloss black base simply because the coverage is faster and it yields the same results.

NobleTravis this thread makes me want to start an ODST, what have you done! Im going to end up with an apartment full of suits before too long .

Honestly the paintjob on this build is excellent! Love seeing some well done wear and tear, gives it that real authentic look

NobleTravis this thread makes me want to start an ODST, what have you done! Im going to end up with an apartment full of suits before too long .

Honestly the paintjob on this build is excellent! Love seeing some well done wear and tear, gives it that real authentic look
Thank you so much. Hope to see some awesome content from you in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back