Halo: Online ASSET RELEASES

Status
Not open for further replies.
No rush. You got enough going on with the software acting the fool.

Yep. Check your inbox.

EDIT: panic slightly over. I have managed to get model rips working again, after a fashion. It just means I need to headbutt some walls slightly harder.

Oh how I don't want this.

Really looking forward to all of these files dude!

I dont know if they have any of the halo 5 armor in there already. looking forward to it dude!

Really looking forward to all of these files dude!

I dont know if they have any of the halo 5 armor in there already. looking forward to it dude!

They don't. What we do have is a vast selection of new armours, as well as armours from Halo 4. At the current time of writing I am able to confirm the following:

- Soldier
- EOD
- Air Assault
- Venator (which seems to be enhanced with some form of supplementary hard-light shielding)
- Scout
- Some Orbital pieces

I am unable to identify the other sets of currently-available armours, and so will name them according to the military phonetic alphabet until such a time as I am able to put a name to these sets. The beta officially hits April 8th, so there's a good chance that somebody out there might be able to identify the armour sets.

How exactly are you getting access to the files? I dont mean the extracting, I know you wont tell us about that for good reasons, But as I understand it the Beta isnt even out yet and even then its Russia only. Do you know someone who is letting you have access? Actually I expected it to be Halo 4 multiplayer just on PC, not all these unique variants, or is that something you would rather not answer?

How exactly are you getting access to the files? I dont mean the extracting, I know you wont tell us about that for good reasons, But as I understand it the Beta isnt even out yet and even then its Russia only. Do you know someone who is letting you have access? Actually I expected it to be Halo 4 multiplayer just on PC, not all these unique variants, or is that something you would rather not answer?

For the sake of the forum, I'd rather not answer. I already explained in my original post that I'd prefer to not have to deal with any questions at this stage regarding where these assets originate - it's a murky, legal grey area and I wouldn't like to see the 405th become the subject of a DCMA because of some over-zealous copyright attorney.

At such a point as I become able to discuss the origins of these files a little more openly, I'll be willing to share some small information. Otherwise - again, for the sake and safety of the forum at large, I ask you to please curb your curiosity. I know it's difficult and I know you may want access to these resources yourselves, and it's difficult for me to keep them private without seeming like a hoarder, but it's for your own good right now.

For the sake of the forum, I'd rather not answer. I already explained in my original post that I'd prefer to not have to deal with any questions at this stage regarding where these assets originate - it's a murky, legal grey area and I wouldn't like to see the 405th become the subject of a DCMA because of some over-zealous copyright attorney.

At such a point as I become able to discuss the origins of these files a little more openly, I'll be willing to share some small information. Otherwise - again, for the sake and safety of the forum at large, I ask you to please curb your curiosity. I know it's difficult and I know you may want access to these resources yourselves, and it's difficult for me to keep them private without seeming like a hoarder, but it's for your own good right now.

Oh trust me, the last thing I need to know is how to get assets from video games I procrastinate enough as it is. I understand you dont want to share and I wont push you of course, free files are free files that we (as a whole) can build ourselves so please take your time on extracting them. I know we can wait especially for all the work you put into them.

Cool.

Working on armours, but without a reference to get them correctly proportioned, I'm wary of releasing them as files to use when making armour. If anybody has any ideas, I'd love to hear them.

you really dont want to ask this. other websites are receiving letters to take down access to the beta game it self.

Cool.

Working on armours, but without a reference to get them correctly proportioned, I'm wary of releasing them as files to use when making armour. If anybody has any ideas, I'd love to hear them.

i am pretty sure you thought of this , but in case you did not how about importing them with the halo 4 models and scale them to size or import the original undersuit file from halo 4 and scale the armors on top of it. then just work out the proportions accordingly. i make sound easy but i know its not. and thanks once again

i am pretty sure you thought of this , but in case you did not how about importing them with the halo 4 models and scale them to size or import the original undersuit file from halo 4 and scale the armors on top of it. then just work out the proportions accordingly. i make sound easy but i know its not. and thanks once again

In the case of the armours, the meshes use a different base entirely than the Halo 4 set. The body type is closer to Halo 3's set - presumably since the game is heavily based upon the Halo 3 engine and runs the same basic skeletons.

I've figured A Thing out, though, more news as it comes.

EDIT: Oh, cool. 1111 posts. Also: if anybody ever comes to you and complains that modelling or getting models is difficult: send them to me. I'm going to use those people's backsides to shine the toecap of my boot.

EDIT 2: Sorted out my model-getting issues, files should be rolling in a bit faster now. It only took five hours and me almost wanting to hang myself.

EDIT 3: Armour Alpha pulled and textured. As always: these names are provisional and do not reflect the final name of these sets. See below for the attached image.

EDIT 4: There also appears to be a set I'm going to nickname 'Dreadnought' armour for now - it appears to be some sort of heavy upgrade to standard Gen-2 armour sets. I'm surmising that this may be some sort of field upgrade or gametype-specific set. It has no textures associated with it, and no discernible purpose at present other than appearing to be a straight armour supplement - perhaps some form of hard-light overshield. Image attached below.

Attachments

• HO Alpha.png
    HO Alpha.png
    668.7 KB · Views: 607
  • HO Dreadnought.png
    HO Dreadnought.png
    411.9 KB · Views: 553
Right, gang! Majorish update: I've figured out a way to export these models in a non-skewed format. This means that models should be of a much higher quality than previously thought possible.

On the downside it means that I have to re-export all of these models again. Which means about another week or so of work.

Oh dear sweet God why ;~;

And I love you guys enough to fritter away my life doing this stuff for you.

Would you all prefer the weapons first, the armour packs first, or would you prefer to wait until the entire lot is done and get it all in one load? The Beta drops on Wednesday, so I hear, which may help me with naming conventions and identifying armours.

i would prefer armor but thats just me.
just take your time and doit good instead of fast and not untill you are happy with it

i would prefer armor but thats just me.

I have 30% of the armours pulled and set up. Once I've done the other 70% I'll pull the associated textures and post the armour pack. The Weapons Pack won't take a lot of doing but I'll need to re-work some things.

just take your time and doit good instead of fast and not untill you are happy with it

That's been my thing since the start. But it can be incredibly crushing to do so much work and then find out that it's been invalidated by better tools - I imagine some of the people who modelled files pre-game rips felt the same way.

Right! Quick update for y'all buggers sat around twiddling your thumbs!

Armour Meshes - 24/28 extracted
Armour Textures - 10/28 sets complete
Weapon Meshes - 0/22 extracted
Weapon Textures 0/22 extracted

The reason I'm re-doing the weapons is, as I believe I said earlier: I've found a way to pull the models with much less skewing and distortion. This provides a far better product for you guys, but does mean that I need to go back through the files I've already worked through, and re-extract the models. It's annoying, but I think it'll be worth it. Armour should be done by the end of the week, all being well, and then I'd estimate perhaps another full week at a reasonable pace for me to re-pull the weapons, and provide much higher-resolution textures (1024x1024 as opposed to 512x512).

If any modellers out there desire raw .TIF or .DDS-format files, please let me know. Providing the raw texture maps will be extremely space-intensive, meaning I'll be providing a very basic PNG option for those simply wishing to texture up a file for observation and re-modelling purposes.

DOUBLE-POST UPDATE EDITION DELUXE EXTREME

Armours are now all fully extracted. I have maybe a half hour of work left to associate all relevant textures to the corresponding armour sets, and then I'll be able to post them. Personally, I'd prefer to wait until the weapons are done, but if anybody is desperate for the armours I'd be happy to put the pack together as soon as it's done and upload it.

Right. Major update time - this information will be added to the OP for new-time readers as well.

Halo Online Armour Packs are done - in as much as this iteration of them can be done. I'm going to dub this RELEASE ALPHA for two main reasons:
  • One: these armour packs, as of yet, have no names assigned to them. I have not been able to figure out the names of these armour sets (save perhaps one or two). As soon as I'm made aware of what the names of these sets are, I will be amending the downloads to reflect the names of these sets (and, likely, adding further sets to the roster).
  • Two: these armour packs are not split up. Each uploaded .OBJ file contains the entire set - helmet, shoulders, forearms, chest plate, leg set. Until I'm made aware of the true names of these sets, I'm reluctant to split them up into their components. Again, as soon as I'm made aware of the names of these sets, I will be revising these packs in line with the Halo 4 Asset Packs
Important things to note with these packs are the following:
  • As mentioned above: these packs are not split up. Each OBJ file contains an entire set, rather than having each component split off into its own OBJ file. RELEASE BETA will feature split-up sets.
  • Textures are not named according to which part they correspond to. Frankly, it's enough work assigning proper names to over 130 texture files in the first place, let alone working through each one to figure out which component it corresponds to - I just don't have the patience right now to go through these sets again and amend the texture files for component names. Plus, I'd prefer to do this work when I know the names of these sets - I don't fancy having to do the work twice.
  • Textures are in raw PNG format for the moment. Providing .TIF-format files bloats the ZIP file size by roughly 350% (the entire archive currently sits at 60Mb - with TIF-format textures, the overall archive size sits somewhere closer to 200Mb) and, again, I just don't have the patience right now to begin figuring out how to provide raw TIF files to those who want them. They will be available in the future, but not currently.
I'll be uploading these sets to the 405th's File Archive shortly - you'll be able to find them in the Halo Online OBJ section, linked -> HERE <-

Please enjoy these files. Remember to leave a Like/Thank notification if you find these files useful, and as always: these files are raw, game-ripped resources. Please treat them as such, and give full credit to 343i/Saber Interactive for producing them.

EDIT: next up are the weapons. They shouldn't take as long to do as the armours, but again, I'd still like to make sure that the files are going out as a quality release as opposed to just throwing them out in a raw, unfinished state. I should be done within a week, though I'll update if progress speeds up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back