Halo Outpost Discovery: Chicago

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am stoked for this. Will be working hard to get my suit ready for this. Idk if I can volunteer yet. I know deadlines are approaching fast. Will think fast and make a decision in the next couple weeks.

I am stoked for this. Will be working hard to get my suit ready for this. Idk if I can volunteer yet. I know deadlines are approaching fast. Will think fast and make a decision in the next couple weeks.
Just fyi you don't need a suit/to be deployed for all the events. I know you can at least work the booth so long as you're wearing something 405th/halo, or if all else fails business casual.

Just fyi you don't need a suit/to be deployed for all the events. I know you can at least work the booth so long as you're wearing something 405th/halo, or if all else fails business casual.
Oh I know that. I personally want my suit to be ready. Just needs mobility tweaks and visual tweaks. My helm fogs up like no end and with the mobility, I need to secure my thigh pieces somewhere that maximizes leg movement. Lastly, chests has some repairs and forearm needs to fit a little more snug. With the volunteer thing: I have to check how many days I'm gonna be there for. That's the main reasons I need a couple weeks.

Here is the most recent official layout of Chicago:
Chicago Map.jpg

Our booth and activities will be in "The Armory" on the map, with the Crossed Rifles and Helmet logo.

Inside that area will be our booth and activities:
Booth Layout.jpg

1a - Costume Group Collateral Tables - This is where there will be business cards/Fliers etc. from Costume groups (including ours), cosplayers, and Conventions/Events. If you have some business or trading cards, be sure to put some on these tables!

1b - Cosplay Repair - This is not being manned by us. Herscend Live will be running this area. It will be a space for people to make quick repairs to their costume.

1c - Cosplay Retreat General Public - This area is open to the public and is a curtained off area for people to change in or out of their gear or just take a break. It is one open area so no privacy for changing in or out of your undersuit. It also is not for storage.

1e - 405th Regiment Flag Photo Op. - This is the photo op area on the sign up sheet. (Please note that the real one will have a flag for Singapore as well). Behind this area we are hoping to have an area to store our bins. It is not secure, only curtained off, so please do not store any valuables. But it will save you from having to haul your bin out to your car after gearing up.

1f - Jeremy's Living Room Photo Op. - This is NOT ours but part of the cons. Herscend Live will be running this area. It will be a photo oppurtunity set themed around a Classic Halo: CE/Halo 2 LAN Party.

1g - 405th Grunt Activity - This is the Sticky Bomb Toss on the schedule. In the future we hope to use it as a fundraiser for a local charity but we won't be suing it as a fundraiser this year.

1h - 405th Recruiting Booth - This is the photo directly below this and is the "Booth" on the volunteer schedule. The backdrops may or may not be there as it is money dependent but we are doing our best to have everything. The main booth piece is designed from a crate and will house all of the booth pieces for transport and storage and is used as our Recruitment Desk during the event.

Hey, I'm a new recruit, I haven't made regiment status yet, but I'm a Chicago local. I have general admin passes for the 3 days already, but people that are staying at my house and coming in from out of state have VIP passes. I'm still working out some logistics on my end, but I want to know if its alright to volunteer still, I was thinking morning shift, since I'll be driving my VIP friends into the convention center anyway

Hey, I'm a new recruit, I haven't made regiment status yet, but I'm a Chicago local. I have general admin passes for the 3 days already, but people that are staying at my house and coming in from out of state have VIP passes. I'm still working out some logistics on my end, but I want to know if its alright to volunteer still, I was thinking morning shift, since I'll be driving my VIP friends into the convention center anyway

We would be happy to have you as a volunteer, just be sure to keep engaged and posting here on the forums and to read through the first post in this thread and
This thread:
And this thread:

If you were interested in volunteering to the point of qualifying for an Exhibitor Pass (6 hours over the course of the 3 days) then Angela, FANGS and I can easily work with you to get a refund on your general admission pass.

Hey everyone. So big update: I will not be able to make it Friday, but Saturday and Sunday are in the air a little bit. Depends on a co-worker of mine. I thought nearly for sure I had the time off, but a work related event took 3 people away, limiting who can cover my shift. :( I am still hopeful, but will update when I can.

I see philly is starting to get a dinner together, with alot of people coming to the Chicago Outpost from out of town, we should think about getting someone who knows the area to start planning something as well.

I see philly is starting to get a dinner together, with alot of people coming to the Chicago Outpost from out of town, we should think about getting someone who knows the area to start planning something as well.

You beat me to it! Was just coming over here to say the same thing. Any Chicagoans with recommendations?

I have only been to the Rosemont Center area once before, but I remember several pub/bar/resturants nearby, within walking distance. I know I went to a Hofbrauhous when I was in the area that one time.

I will definitely defer to a Chicago local on any recommendation, just take in to account those of us traveling for the event from our of state.

For those commuting, i think saturday night would be best, I really like Haufbrauhaus, but if NobleofDeath16 wants to try and organize something im sure there are plenty of options

Otherwise if people are open to doing it Sunday after teardown i could look into places as well. I just know Jonah lives in the area as well

I'm sharing a hotel with him, fri-sun so honestly any of those 3 days works for me.

You write like you'd be there though Spidermonkey60, are the chances of dinner better than HOD?

Hey guys I was wondering if there was any place I could store my armor for a little (an hour or so) and walk around the convention to relax, so I dont have to have it on the entire 11 hours.

Hey guys I was wondering if there was any place I could store my armor for a little (an hour or so) and walk around the convention to relax, so I dont have to have it on the entire 11 hours.
I believe there's an area for 405th members to store some stuff, but as things go I doubt it comes with any gurantees of security.

I know there's a changing area for sure

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back