Props Halo Pistol Conversion Kit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly fellas, I seriously doubt he'll be making these conversion kits out of metal. Although it is possible to do so through the molding/casting process (I've seen it done before in rare cases), it's a very expensive endeavour. If anything, he'll most likely either make them out of resin or fiberglass. A lot easier than metal, and more affordable...

SPARTAN II said:
Honestly fellas, I seriously doubt he'll be making these conversion kits out of metal. Although it is possible to do so through the molding/casting process (I've seen it done before in rare cases), it's a very expensive endeavour. If anything, he'll most likely either make them out of resin or fiberglass. A lot easier than metal, and more affordable...

He could use lost foam metal casting. The overhead there would be about 150$ for equipment, and every time you cast you'd lose a little bit of aggregate, the oven and crucible would wear, and it'd be ~1/6th a tank of propane..

But it'd be cast aluminum. :cool: I've done this to make some medieval sword fittings, you can sand and polish aluminum to mirror finishes after you cast, too..

Last edited by a moderator:
This thing is pretty much ready for molding (again since I screwed it up the first time) but I won't be buying the materials until I finish my clay helm.

It will be cast resin because of simplicity and the price range I'm going for. I want it to be available to a good range of budgets.

As far as availability goes, you might want to ask for one as a christmas present. :lol: They won't be ready much before then. (Though I might have a couple for that dallas tourney Spase if we want to give them out as prizes for a raffle or something.)

i dont wanna sound to rude but to me it looks nothing like the halo 1 pistol. using the p99 was a good idea, but i think making the pepakura one would be alittle more time consuming but well worth it. i dont like sounding negative but thats my opinion.

But you can't shoot people, cock, or reload with a pepakura pistol. :p
And it looks a lot more like the H1 pistol than the H3, enough to tell what it is anyway. ;)

By the way, I was working on this project before we brought pepakura to the site.
I also wrote some of the pepakura stickies, made quite a few of the original models, came up with the original scaling formula, and built the most complex pepakura AR to date. So I could make a paper one if I was so inclined. I just think this is better.

Sigma-LS said:
This thing is pretty much ready for molding (again since I screwed it up the first time) but I won't be buying the materials until I finish my clay helm.

It will be cast resin because of simplicity and the price range I'm going for. I want it to be available to a good range of budgets.

As far as availability goes, you might want to ask for one as a christmas present. :lol: They won't be ready much before then. (Though I might have a couple for that dallas tourney Spase if we want to give them out as prizes for a raffle or something.)

How did you know I read everything.... Details aren't nailed out yet, but I will be at the tourney...

Last edited by a moderator:
Thats actually cool. But asid efrom that sigma do you make your armor or buy it in pieces? Always wanted to know since you have a whole lot of stuff.

Thanks for the positive feedback. Hopefully I'll be getting the stuff to mold this by the end of next week. I'll keep tweaking it until then.

iamyourcousin- My Mk V and CQB were made by me. My Mk VI is a highly modified set of "Frankenarmor" from parts I got from lots of different people.

so its like a combo? like the body you get from people but you made a few helms thats cool. Sorry but whats frakenarmor. all i know of is a muckle statue. isnt that what adam casted his stuff of off? How would he do that since it was to scale? I think BR is the only one who has actually made out of clay and molded all his stuff. can you list how many helms you have with maker? i know you have most of all this cool collictible stuff.

Kinda OT but okay, I always love to talk about my armor collection. :D

I call it Frankenarmor like from Frankenstein being put together from lots of different bodies. My Mk VI has parts from BR, NAS, and Adam. A mixed bag if you will.

My Mk V armor is a complete set of detailed pepakura, though I haven't posted updates on it in awhile (since August).

I currently have a War helm from Lee More, BR helm from Devin, 001 Sean helm, Spase helm, and an NAS helm. I used to have a Link helm, another NAS helm and a full set of Westerfield armor but my space was getting kind of crowded and I had repair bills to pay. :cautious:

Devin, Zeronifty, Yodajammies, and Madcow have all used clay-based Mk VI helms. I almost done with my clayegendary helm myself.

The muckle statue casts have to be cut-up and sanded very carefully to fit people since it is Spartan sized. There's no real scaling of parts, just selective trimming.

*snip* you little lucky guy. You have all the cool stuff. when i get older i want to buy a good set of helms and some nice armor as well. but back on topic before this gets locked. thanks sig.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back