Halo Reach - All New Game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why do people think this is H:4?

Wolverine: Origins wasn't Xmen 4 was it?

lol.

Anyway, I'm excited as hell. I just want to learn MORE about it I hope it's using an updated engine. With better physics, not just graphics. Stretchy spartans were cute at first, but now it's so prominent it's a wonder Bungie never saw it before it shipped.

xalener said:

Wolverine: Origins wasn't Xmen 3 was it?

lol.

Anyway, I'm excited as hell. I just want to learn MORE about it I hope it's using an updated engine. With better physics, not just graphics. Stretchy spartans were cute at first, but now it's so prominent it's a wonder Bungie never saw it before it shipped.

Wolverine Origins would've been Xmen 4, but it wasn't XD

Last edited by a moderator:
xalener said:

Wolverine: Origins wasn't Xmen 3 was it?

lol.

It was a joke D:

I just really want this to be using an updated engine.

PLEASE FULL MOTION BLUR PLEASE!!!

PLEASE bullet holes on physics objects PLEASE!!!

PLEASE bullet holes on ragdolls PLEASE!!!

COME ON REAL TIME REFLECTIONS!!! I KNOW YOU'RE THERE!!! I SAW YOU IN HALO 3 ABOUT HALF A YEAR BEFORE SHIP!!! IT WAS IN A WEEKLY UPDATE AND YOU WAS BEAUTIFUL!!

Also.

FOR GOD'S SAKE FIX YOUR UGLY SHADOWS AND HUMAN SKIN SHADER!!!

Seriously. Shadows don't just pop out of existance, and human skin doesn't absorb all the light around it at the nose like some kind of black hole.
And what's with the highlights of all the objects turning grey when there's a shadow casting on them? When barely anything in the game is grey, it sticks out like a sore thumb.

GREAT Cant wait for this game to come out already and see what Halo Reach is all about. I cant wait to add to my collection of this wonderful series. I will pre-order it as soon as possible.

Bloodl3tt3r said:
On the topic of the Mark V armor that's supposed to be around the Reach timeline/time period, of course it's gonna look better than the uh, "moon suit", as it was so artfully put. For those of you who have seen the Halo 3 art book, you might remember their reimagining of the Mark V armor that they wanted to put in?

For those of you who haven't, go to a bookstore and look at it, it's sweet.

So maybe they're going to use that for the model in Reach, or something like a mix of Halo:CE-era and Halo Wars armor (which also looked badass imo).
Also, if someone can scan in/find that Mark V redux, that'd be cool, so everyone can see it.

Gallery_6889_853_280617.jpg

Here it is

Adam said:
it's been confirmed to be a FPS, hopefully with squad mechanics.
Im hoping for squad mechanics too. It would work brilliantly with the halo style gameplay and universe.

Glennz said:
Gallery_6889_853_280617.jpg

Here it is

I don't like the hellmet or the boots.

THey're too mark VI looking and need to be more Mark V.

What they need to do is bring back the side vents/Hemispheres from the MkV, and keep the boots simple like the MkV.

I agree with xalener, if it's using the same engine with slight changes and just a few new weapons and what not, I'll buy the game just to burn it.

I'd love full motion blur, too. Bullet holes in objects and ragdolls may be more difficult and resource-consuming than Bungie may want, though.

And if I have to kill Brutes instead of Elites in this game, the campaign will be automatically terrible.

Why not? Every other game does it :p.

I mean EVERY OTHER GAME.

Alright, we don't need bullet holes in ragdolls, but that's only if they don't come apart.

If there's something the Haloverse needed more of, it was gore. I mean come on, the flood in theory are freaking BRUTAL. They split your torso in half to burrow into your nervous system! And yet for some reason, 500 years in the future, bullets have WEAKENED? They can't even shoot a finger off! WTF?

The thing is, if they're gonna have something like the flood, why contradict yourself by being "not gory"?

If they do come apart, I want the REAL good damage system. Like the flood in H1. Not just limbs coming off, but small CHUNKS of limb before the whole thing falls apart. Maybe even an updated SOF2 kind of thing...Idk. I'm tired of seeing people ripped apart at the seams. If I get shot in the bicep with a 50 cal, my arm won't come off at the shoulder.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back