Halo Reach - All New Game

Status
Not open for further replies.
CommanderFluffy said:
if this isnt a game its bungie's MOVIE is my take on it.. no one could make it themselfs so hey BAM bungie is makeing their own for once!

note this is me only brainstorming.. if its halo bungie style hollywood..... i say all for it...

if its a reach game... man i wanna play as fred... or maybe a 16 player co-op crud load of spartans.... (drools) sounds interesting in my mind... anyone up for some huge epic feilds of enemys without stopping? 16 spartans vs a fleet.... oooo.... the team work in that idea is insane.... its like big team battle.. but you have 16 players on your team and 14000 ai to verse against..... (good concept i wants....)

but again thats just me brainstorming.... we all have to wait and see.

its a game as you can see the theres going to be a mulitplayer beta with odst like halo 3 did with crackdown

Last edited by a moderator:
p0rtalman said:
Oh you would do that wouldn't you! :lol:

I've offered to turn up to my local game stores with a group of Marines. See if anyone takes me up on the offer, lest I just drive up myself for the hell of it. :)

What do you mean "showing cinematics now"?

The multyplayer beta is released with ODST...

Chances are we'll be seeing Screenshots and gameplay footage a few months before September.

On the topic of the Mark V armor that's supposed to be around the Reach timeline/time period, of course it's gonna look better than the uh, "moon suit", as it was so artfully put. For those of you who have seen the Halo 3 art book, you might remember their reimagining of the Mark V armor that they wanted to put in?

For those of you who haven't, go to a bookstore and look at it, it's sweet.

So maybe they're going to use that for the model in Reach, or something like a mix of Halo:CE-era and Halo Wars armor (which also looked badass imo).

Also, if someone can scan in/find that Mark V redux, that'd be cool, so everyone can see it.

it will look how they want it to look without any explanation, just take it with a pinch of salt and enjoy it. Technically the suit of armor in halo 3 is the same exact one as halo 2, even if it looks a bit different, but its easy to overlook that sort of thing and just have fun in my opinion.

Well, there's also a major change in visual style From Halo to Halo.

I still like Halo 1's the best.

I'd like to see that style come back in a next gen engine.

If bungie sets the : REACH thing into the world and then doesn't do anything i'm gonna be really p!ssed!

If the game does the story to the reach book I'm gonna tattoo I :love: Bungie an my butt^^

This sounds so awesome!

isnt it like a prequel to halo? since in the trailer said
"you knew the end, from the very beginning"

so it might be a fps with all the spartans, before they all died out.
like Spartan-259

merlin 2 00 said:
its a game as you can see the theres going to be a mulitplayer beta with odst like halo 3 did with crackdown

That was in May.. We were predicting..

HaloFreakX said:
That was in May.. We were predicting..
on xbox live marketplace u can download the trailer & in the description, & at the end of the vid, it says that a multiplayer beta WILL come with halo 3:$dst.

Phoenix_92 said:
on xbox live marketplace u can download the trailer & in the description, & at the end of the vid, it says that a multiplayer beta WILL come with halo 3:$dst.

No actually it comes with ACCESS to the Halo:Reach beta, WHEN the Reach beta becomes available..which they havent set a date on yet.

So once you get ODST, the option will be there for the Reach beta but you wont be able to select it until its activated.

A post as to my theory:

http://405th.com/?p=1436

When Halo Reach was announced at this year’s E3 conference in Los Angeles, it came as a big surprise to most people. In essence, Halo:4 was being made and we never thought it would be announced before Halo 3: ODST came out. While nothing is known about this new game other than what we saw in the teaser trailer and the new wallpaper at Bungie, there is a lot of information surrounding the events of Reach colony. From there we can take guesses as to what might be happening in the new game in the Halo franchise.

A lot of people believe that this will be based off the Eric Nylund novel, The Fall of Reach. Unless this is going to be a giant space battle with ship-to-ship combat, it’s safer to say that this will be more likely based on some of the events that happened during First Strike. The Fall of Reach and First Strike are basically two parts to the same story, broken up into two books. (Go out and purchase these books if you don’t already own them!)
The Team

While history would indicate that Bungie will ignore the books entirely and create an all new series of events and fresh characters, we can certainly hope that they’ll try to stick closely to the Nylund novels in order for us to play through some events involving some already familiar characters. Nylund indicated that Blue Team was the best of the best. At the time of the Battle of Reach, it was comprised of our John-117, as well as Linda-058, Kelly-087, Sam-034, Will-043.

Based on the picture in the wallpaper, we’d love to see our favorite team fending off the covies in style. If this was our Blue Team, this is how I’d describe it:

Possible Cast of Characters

reach.jpg

Sam: Was described as the largest Spartan at nearly 8 feet in full Mjolnir. In the photo he’s the largest, so it would be nice to assume it is Sam. Sadly, Sam never put boots on the ground at Reach during the battle, so odds are it’s not.

Kelly: I chose the next as Kelly because of the obvious smaller size here, because Kelly is renowned for her exceptional speed.

John: Our Master Chief, who else could be in the middle leading the team?

Will: Though many people seem to think the posture suggest female, I decided to choose this spartan for Will.

Linda: Well, the sniper is a dead give away here. There is no spartan better with a sniper rifle.

Probably Cast of Characters

reach2.jpg

Alas, the Blue Team doesn’t quite line up right here with the story line. I don’t think Joe Staten will be using ANY of the familiar Spartans. Although Joe had his hand in the Halo novels pretty heavily, I anticipate him taking this opportunity to bring never before seen Spartans into the mix himself, rather than relying on Nylund’s heroes. The first indication of this would be the mention of Spartan-259, Nova One in the teaser trailer. We know nothing about this designation, other than because the number is over 150, he is considered a class II spartan. Since the class II spartan group is basically untapped. By untapped, I mean they seem to be able to generate any new characters they want out of seemingly no where, like the DOA Spartan Nicole-458 (who was NOT at Reach). From the teaser, we also hear about Spartan-320, a female Spartan with an accent. So those are probably two of our protagonists in this fight.
Nova Team

Nova Team

I think it is safe to say that all the characters will be new ones. Perhaps we’ll have a chance to meet Dr. Halsey and maybe see cameos of the more familiar characters. I’m going to predict we at least hear John-117’s voice in this game, but will not be able to play as him. I’m confident that the game with be a first or third person shooter using the Halo 3 engine. With the game coming out next year, it’d be a stretch to think that Bungie learned and mastered a new game engine in that amount of time.
New Game Play

But I also believe they’ll throw new things into the mix to differentiate this from Halo: ODST. Two of my predictions for that are:

Squad Based Combat in 3rd person
Changing the camera view to more of a Gears of War style.

Character Classes with advantages
Stronger vs. Faster, or Sniper vs. Demolitions etc.

We also have to bring up the idea of having 5 main characters. Bungie can’t possibly do 5 player co-op, can they? If they can, it only strengthens the idea of character classes with variety for specific mission purposes. Imagine selecting your spartan and decking them out with particular weapons and armor before the level begins. Sort of similar to how Ghost Recon works. Pick your team and go.

Alas, it is a lot of speculation, and the only thing we can know for sure is that the end of the game will the Fall of Reach. The trailer and wallpaper both state “Falls 2010″. I’m excited to see what the armor looks like so we can get busy on it. I just hope this game will find a good spot in with the Halo universe. I must admit that although the games are incredibly fun to play, they are severly lacking in the story telling arena. Here’s to a game that can do the Halo characters and mythology justice. We’ll know in a few months.

nice ideas Adam.
From what I've heard, I think Reach is going to be a FPS. It might have been in Bungie's weekly update. I just hope the battles will be as massive and epic as First Strike and the Fall of Reach.
I also think they will use Spartan classes in some way, sort of how the halo 3 permutations each are supposed to have their advantages in the halo universe. I hope choosing a different person will mean different strengths and weapons.

How does the Halo Wars timeline factor into those ideas? Does it make a difference? Been a while since I looked at them after I unlocked them all.

well from what I've read, Halo Wars takes place 20 years before Halo CE. Shorty after the humans first encountered the covenant, I think. After the events of Halo Wars, the Spirit of Fire was never found. It was lost in space after losing their slipspace drive, which is why the humans never knew of the Flood until 20 years later during the Halo CE events.

Halo: The Fall of Reach takes place immediately before Halo CE. So all the Spartans are still alive, during the battle for Reach is when the all mostly die out. I can't remember if the Spartan 2 class was mentioned in the book, no idea where Nicole or Nova One came from.

Sorry if I didn't answer your question correctly.

Im just throwing my 2 cents out here but I think/hope Reach will be a squad-based Halo title, starring not a single Spartan, but a team of them. TF2-like assembly of characters with varying weapons and skillsets. On the left that clearly looks like a heavy, and on the right you can see the snipe rifle. plus, in whatever book (The Flood?) that follows John during halo ce, it mentions over and over how Spartans were trained to work in teams. Just think of the bell test (on Reach no less). Grey Team were the odd ones out because they liked working alone. Maybe reach is Bungie's way of saying, "you thought the master chief was badass all lone? Wait till you see his cyborg buddies"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back