Halo Reach Build

Status
Not open for further replies.

penutbuttrbandt

Just got started today on my reach build. Want to try and have a completed suit for launch, which i know is a huge undertaking. Hopefully I will have some progress pics up soon.

Got all of my pep files printed out and started work on the chest first. I know there are quite a few other people here working on reach projects as well. Are you guys going for a character from the story or more of a multiplayer model. I am hoping to stick to a character model, more than likely just the standard noble 6. From what I understand is that your character you build in the creation tool in Halo: Reach will also be noble six in your story mode.

Yea, I just realized I double posted. I was trying to figure out how to delete the other thread. I actually snagged all my files off of Brandon Mclains Reach thread. Hoping to start putting everything together soon. This is my first real undertaking. I have sculpted and customized action figures before, but have never done anything on this sort of scale. I am pretty excited to get to work.

Glad to see you are getting started. Personally, I am sticking with noble 6 right now, but I will have all the various Noble team perms by the time I am done, painted up in the game colors. The chest is a great place to start. I would leave the helmet for last, as it serves as motivation to keep moving forward, it seems to be the most exciting thing to do. Glad you were able to find all of the files. Let me know how easy they were to build, and if there are any areas I should tweak.

will do...yea i am planning on doing the helmet last...hopefully by then i will have access to the classifieds and may take the easy way out...lol...but for now its just cutting and glueing...

so after spending most of the night cutting and folding..i figured i would start in the middle of the chest piece, only to find that my scale is too small and i cant even get my head through the middle...I am 5'11 with an athletic build...about 210...does anyone have any insight as to what scale i should use..I did the scaling where you take a picture of the armor and then take my height in CM. But when I did the scaling that way everything came out huge. Any help would be appreciated

this morning i have just continued putting together the piece i started yesterday...i am hoping that only the neck portion is the problem...so far everything else seems like it might be a good fit...just may have to widen out the neck portion a bit...pics tomorrow maybe...

here is an update finally...got the chest piece and back put together...did a test fitting...fits great..pics as requested

P1010650.jpg

P1010651-1.jpg

yay progress pics.

It may fit great now, but remember you still have to add layers of reinforcement and padding too.

the reinforcement i dont see being a problem really...and there is actually quite a bit of room around 1-2 inchs between me and the piece itself...i think i will have enought room once its all said and done...how are people connecting the pieces once they are finished...i imagine i will have to split it from to back to get back into it...just wondering what the best way for attachment is

i thought it might be a little small...but i wasnt sure how much to scale it up...i keep running into problems with the scaling...if i make adjustments it seems like its gonna be huge...any insight would help...i have followed the scaling guides on here but they are that clear to me...

sorry for the double post...but after talking with a few members on here i went ahead and rescaled the chest...just started cutting...hopefully new pics soon

cool! glad you figured it out! i try to measure all my peices literally not by scale because they dont ever come out all that well. if you have any questions how i measure just pm me or something. but rul of thumb just measure the height of the body part, where you want in to start and were you want it to end. for the chest i start 2 in. above my shoulders (to account for the back "spikes") then the arm holes came down to about my elly button or an in. above and it seemed to look great! try that.

i got ahold of xtreme and he walked me through it...that guy is good at scaling...so hopefully i want run into any issue with my other pieces

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back