Halo reach Grenadier & Mark V [B] helmet & Misc build (WIP) Pic Heavy

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would REALLY like to know how you made the visor for that helmet!

Check out post#45. I made a vac table and formed it. Ben Streeper has a good tut on how he did his ODST visor. It basically the same idea. I used the night shade on it to tint it. Also, there are some real good videos on youtube that show the process.

Be good,

-Tony

As with everything you do, this is fantastic work. I'm not really sure how I missed it until now. It is always great to see how two great builders can get together and create pure brilliance. Keep up the awesome work man.

I want to create something like this. I am new to the forums and admittedly need tons of help. I have watched the video that is linked to this post multiple times, so i want to keep my costs for making my armor below about $200-$350. I know there;s a ton of ways to create armor, so i was wondering what the best and cheapest method was, because i would very much like to have a suit just like the one in the video linkhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c1WK26NHx0o I'm about 5'9, 195 lbs and i want to create this armor by myself. I want to create the Recon helmet from Reach as well. Can anyone help me?

Check out post#45. I made a vac table and formed it. Ben Streeper has a good tut on how he did his ODST visor. It basically the same idea. I used the night shade on it to tint it. Also, there are some real good videos on youtube that show the process.

Be good,

-Tony

Oh! Thats the same person I learned to do my ODST visors from. What type plastic and how thick is it?

As with everything you do, this is fantastic work. I'm not really sure how I missed it until now. It is always great to see how two great builders can get together and create pure brilliance. Keep up the awesome work man.

Thanks Starvin, it means a lot. I appreciate that you follow my stuff. Nick Nack's helmet is the bomb & I'm super greatful to have the opportunity to reproduce it.

I want to create something like this. I am new to the forums and admittedly need tons of help. I have watched the video that is linked to this post multiple times, so i want to keep my costs for making my armor below about $200-$350. I know there;s a ton of ways to create armor, so i was wondering what the best and cheapest method was, because i would very much like to have a suit just like the one in the video linkhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c1WK26NHx0o I'm about 5'9, 195 lbs and i want to create this armor by myself. I want to create the Recon helmet from Reach as well. Can anyone help me?

It is do-able on that budget, but only if you have your own tools. I suggest researching like crazy and you will be able to make it. I can really only suggest paying attention to certain builders who have Helped me. A big one is Ben Streeper. His tutorials are very informative. Also, look at Halogoddess & Spitfire's theads for scaling help. In addition, Spitfire put together a very detailed writeup for new prop builders, you may want to check this out. I'll look it up and put the link in here (See below). It's in the creation section and should be stickied.

New Member Intro Guide

Oh! Thats the same person I learned to do my ODST visors from. What type plastic and how thick is it?

Yeah man, I live by a lot of stuff ben has taught me. Also, I used 1/8th petg for the plastic. by far the easiest to form. Good luck.

Thanks again, to everyone who has commented and to everyone who continues to follow my stuff.

Much love 405!

-Tony

Update on the ODST build:

Prepped Shoulders (SB Vac formed Parts)

IMG_20111116_185309.jpg

New Chest By Hugh unfold by L3x

IMG_20111117_204033.jpg

HughODSTchest.jpg

They chest armor is now ready for bondo

Be good fellow 405ers

-Tony

ooooh......wow. Shoulders looks great. Another awesome part.

Thanks thorn, yeah Hyper and I are building a couple ODST suits. Decided to go that route due to comfort, ok, and maybe because its easier than building the whole darn spartan armor like you did...lol.

And yet even more awesomeness. Thanks for sharing.

Thanks Starvin, I apologize for taking so long to comment back on my thread. I've been real busy lately and sometimes screw this up. Thanks again my man!

Also, for everyones viewing pleaseure. THis is a tester, but I believe my father found the special sauce for gold visors. These are photos he sent me of his attempt, which is much better than anything I have produced. I will report back once I get it physically in my hands...lol. Well here you go:

Gold Tint Front view

45882def.jpg

Inside view

Distortion is due to my buck, not being perfectly smoothed, I have to fix it.
05f848c0.jpg

Well, what do you think?

Thanks for viewing,

Tony

:eek Possibly a new way to make visors?

Possibly, My dad sais it was method they used to do boat windshields <--Not sure if thats what you call them. When I find out more, I'll let you know.

It looks great, send me that visor buck and I'll get it smooth

Thanks man, I meant to send you the buck, but forgot when I gift wrapped the ODST cast...lol

design master brilliant gold 731?

No man, its some sort of Bronze/Clearcoat mix. It was painted on the front in an a paintbooth using automotive grade paints and clearcoat. I don't know what hes using yet. I've been researching this like crazy though and have found some techniques that use bronze powder & clearcoat. THats not whats being done here, but I know it works because I found on the net a guy who used it on an emile helmet he made for his son, I just can't find the link though anymore. I wish I would have favorited it.
I'm such a noob.

Thanks guys!

Tony

The tint looks great. A nice way to get the look in a custom formed visor. No worries on taking a while to respond. If you notice I haven't updated the class's thread in ages. I completely understand how we all get busy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back