Halo Reach Kat - Foam Armor *FINISHED* 10/31/11

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't have a pic to post yet, but i will post it later. Just want to be quick about this.........

Calladar, if you are reading this, you will be happy to hear that the hairdryer worked like a charm! :D I figured it would since it's plastic and once you heat that up, it will become soft. I was able to easily reshape it and you can really see a difference. Although due to the heat, the added piece right under the chin came off. No worries though since I will be using foam to create the lower half of the helmet so that it looks like it does in game, or close enough AND so that it's soft and I get slip my head in without getting hurt. XD

outstanding.. glad to hear it. felt bad when i saw the pics.. thought about putting it in dry ice to keep it cool during the shipment but then just went with it. but i am glad you were able to straighten it out.

I'm so gald to see your continuing this build. You've come so far with such awesome work, you deserve to finish and show it off. Good luck!

Also, where in michigan do you live? I noticed your avatar says "RUN CMD", but I was at a party last night and our friend that was spinning music had a shirt that said "RUN DMC". :p

12 and Southfield rd.

Who is your friend if you don't mind me askin? I know a few of the local Dj's around Detroit, perhaps we share the same friends! Z(^_^Z)

Also, your armor is looking great! I just got all my needed supplies tonight and am about to get crackin'!

12 and Southfield rd.

Who is your friend if you don't mind me askin? I know a few of the local Dj's around Detroit, perhaps we share the same friends! Z(^_^Z)

Also, your armor is looking great! I just got all my needed supplies tonight and am about to get crackin'!

lol We might. Also depending on how old you are cause these guys are in their 30's. XD But Joe Hix is the main guy I know since my husband and him are very close friends. They started the big rave parties in detroit YEARS ago. Joe has gotten pretty big with doing DJ stuff and was at PAXAHAU a couple years ago.

But maybe you should fire off some of the names of DJ's you know. My husband might know them. :p

Okay guys, here are the pics of the FIXED helmet. However, since these pictures I took, which was a couple days ago, I have since then did some more "fine tuning" to the areas to make sure the shape is just right. It doesn't look too different from the fixed version in these pics, but at least you can see for yourself that: VERY hot hair dryer + plastic = FIXED! :D

This is just to show a side by side so you can see the difference in what it looked like when it arrived and after I took my blow dryer to it. :p
k46o9t.jpg

Then here is a pic of just the helmet by itself. You can see the overall look was totally fixable and it no longer looks warped as bad.
20u7qsh.jpg

So no worries Calladar! :p You can now see that the helmet was VERY fixable and everything is A-Okay. :) And since these pics, I have already started my painting. Right now the paint job is a little odd for the moment. I'm just working on getting the colors in place and once I have enough coats of paint on it, I will be taping off areas to get some nice, even lines. :) Then I will just have to get a visor and add in some padding and the helmet should be all done! :D

Great fix on the helmet. I'm looking forward to seeing how the paint comes out. As for the rest sorry refresh my memory, what else (if any) do you have left to complete you're suit? Mind you that I'm looking forward to seeing what one of thees suit looks like in person so let me know what day you're coming in to the D. I'd love to meet you and you're husband.

Great fix on the helmet. I'm looking forward to seeing how the paint comes out. As for the rest sorry refresh my memory, what else (if any) do you have left to complete you're suit? Mind you that I'm looking forward to seeing what one of thees suit looks like in person so let me know what day you're coming in to the D. I'd love to meet you and you're husband.
Well if everything goes according to plan (as long as the funds are available) we will be going to the Detroit Fanfare on September 24th. It's my husbands b-day AND the ONLY day that Bruce Campbell will be there so that will be the day we have to go. XD

As far as what I have left............just the boots and I need to rework the prosthetic arm. I'm not happy with the shoulder area and I am wanting to add some more metal to it so that it reduces the floppiness. XD Then there is still the nagging issue of a weapon. I may just end up bringing my laser tag plasma pistol and plasma rifle, but it won't be the same since the magnum completes Kat. :p

If you meet Bruce Campbell give him a hug for me lol. Thats one hell of a guy :) Well goddess the helmet looks great. Im amazed at what a hot hair dryer can do. Great work, i look forward to more updates :)

Okay, so here is my paint test of the helmet. You will also notice that it still has a nice shape to it. :)

2mect1u.jpg

6h02sk.jpg

I will be doing one more layer of paint for each color, THEN I will be marking off areas, most noteably the side vents and tape it off so I can paint a crisp clean line between the black and the blue. I plan on cutting off some of the lower area and replacing it with foam so when I put it on, it will be softer and hopefully look like it does in game. :) My husband wants to add lights to it, but Kat doesn't have lights on her helmet. XD He may go ahead and install 2 mini fans for me though. :)

After it's all nice and painted and given a good layer of clear coat, I will just need to get me a visor. :p

lookin good.. have you decided on a visor yet.. remember that is a big opening and i had to hunt to find one that was tall enough.

lookin good.. have you decided on a visor yet.. remember that is a big opening and i had to hunt to find one that was tall enough.

I actually have a visor that is more than tall enough, but it is the visor that Brandon ordered and had sent to me back when he was going to send me the helmet. I honestly don't like the color and it's too see through and people would be able to see my face. I actually need to send it back to him. XD

I honestly don't like the color and it's too see through and people would be able to see my face. I actually need to send it back to him. XD

Make sure you look at the visor in actual usage conditions. Visors appear way more clear when you just hold them up. Put them in front of the opening of a dark box(like your helmet, when it is on your head) and it looks entirely different! This also lets you do cool effects like putting lights inside your helmet, flicking them on, and suddenly people can see your face when they could not before.

Make sure you look at the visor in actual usage conditions. Visors appear way more clear when you just hold them up. Put them in front of the opening of a dark box(like your helmet, when it is on your head) and it looks entirely different! This also lets you do cool effects like putting lights inside your helmet, flicking them on, and suddenly people can see your face when they could not before.
For one, this visor is too clear. I already placed it in my helmet and you can see my face. I basically want a mirrored visor. I do not plan on ever putting lights in it for any effects since I don't want nobody to see my face. I have no intentions on ever removing my helmet if I go to Halo game midnight release. I plan on staying completely anonymous. I do NOT want anybody knowing who I am.

For one, this visor is too clear. I already placed it in my helmet and you can see my face. I basically want a mirrored visor. I do not plan on ever putting lights in it for any effects since I don't want nobody to see my face. I have no intentions on ever removing my helmet if I go to Halo game midnight release. I plan on staying completely anonymous. I do NOT want anybody knowing who I am.

unless they happen to be tuned in to the 405th :)

looking goog glad to c things got going agian and for the visor go to an auto store like auto zone and look at the window tinting u could use a gold tint to fix the visor u have

Who was the masked women. :D

Helmets getting there real fast.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back