Halo Reach Kat - Foam Armor *FINISHED* 10/31/11

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does that mean you're going to finish? This is one of my favorite build threads...

Yes, what she said. We all seem to want to see this build finished. ;) And were here to encourage you. Update us soon O' HaloGoddess. (someone had to say it.)

Happy Belated Birthday!!!

ps: my god, this armor is awesome (long time watcher, first time poster of your thread). if your ever in Canada, more specifically Ontario, hit me up. im sure we could have a romping time :)

pps: i... want... that... foam skill!!!!!!!!

Warp

so i know your con has been done for a while, but just curious if the package ever came? you could of taken some pictures at least if it had

God I need to check this account more often...IDK if it's still relevent but what I meant about the mask is that, at least as far as I can tell:
The action figure I have of Kat, her visor has a split in it, like the indent in master chief's halo 2 and 3 visor. I saw a build on here where some guy saw the same kind of split on the halo 3 odst helmet, so he used that split to hide the fact that he used 2 visors...if I can figure out how to get these darn pics to show I'd show you what I meant...

come on, dont wanna finish the build? you could always have it for the release of cea, you know walk into gamestop and people saying "Dat ass" lol jk. but really you should finish the build.

come on, dont wanna finish the build? you could always have it for the release of cea, you know walk into gamestop and people saying "Dat ass" lol jk. but really you should finish the build.
I want to finish it, but it's all a matter of money and I need more foam. I don't have anymore foam and I don't have the money to really spend on it right now because we are behind in bills. It's bad enough that making the helmet is gonna cost me quite a bit of money too. :\ I need more ink for my printer, another 4 pack of foam, resin and fiberglass. I can't afford that stuff right now. :(

Hey guys!!!! Guess what!? :D

I have a friend that will be hooking me up with Kat's helmet! :D All I will need to do is paint it and get a visor for it. At that point, all I will need are the boots and to finish up some paint work and my Kat costume will be FINISHED!!!

Now, here is the plan..........

I am HOPING to AT LEAST have this finished in time for the Halo Anniversary release. I stopped by Gamestop today and asked if they will have a midnight release and they said they probably will so if they do, I want to dress up! If possible, I WOULD like to have it finished by September 23rd because on the 24th, we are going to the Detroit FanFare since my husband just HAS to meet Bruce Campbell (Evil Dead).

I want to try and put together some really awesome looking undersuit. I know that if you donate to Operation Chastity, you get access to their pep files and they have a very awesome undersuit, but that is for the male. :( If there is ANYONE willing to take on the task of making a model for the FEMALE undersuit, that would be awesome, but only if you got nothing better to do. :p I may try and model it myself, but not sure how well that will work out. Need to get some GOOD screenshots.

I will also be trying to paint my armor to look really good and will have to rework the prosthetic arm. I WAS going in a good direction with it, but it seems to sit too low so I want to redo it.

Although, money is a BIG problem at the moment and all I need is ONE more pack of foam. XD Yeah, foam may be cheap, but our bills are VERY high. We are behind a couple months on ALL our bills right now, so..........yeah. :\

In order to raise the money, I have a ALMOST complete set of "minty" Halo trading cards that I would like to sell. Out of 90 cards to complete the set, about 20 are missing. I had bought a whole box off ebay from a pre-sale order and already have a complete set so the cards I'm selling are doubles of what I already have and I don't care for doubles. PM me ONLY if interested.

So that is where my Kat costume currently stands. If I can get some extra cash to buy the few supplies I need, (foam, visor, and possibly paint), I will FINALLY have a finished costume! Remember guys, this is my THIRD attempt at having a costume............my Hayabusa got put on the back burner and my DARE ODST suit never got finished since it got ruined in the rain and was unable to have it done in time for the ODST midinight release. :\ I'm also wanting to sell the unpainted Recon helmet as well, FYI it is a small helmet...........scaled at around 9-10 inches in height.

Wow HG, it sounds like you really turned this project around for yourself, I'm happy for you :D Seriously though it's good that you have the support of your husband, especially in the face of debt. If you don't have the support of your spouse then this becomes a VERY difficult hobby to have. And if it makes you feel any better I've been working on the same ODST costume for about 2+ years, on and off (mostly off), wasted somewhere in the $150-$200 range all together, had to remake several pieces (mostly to replace pieces that were broken in the move), had to RE-purchase materials and tools (resin, body filler, dremel, brushes, paint, etc. that were STOLEN from out apartment), and after all that my suit still isn't all that impressive. Even when I DO finish I'm still only gonna wear it for Halloween because my wife wouldn't be caught dead at a con of any kind :/ So when you get the chance tell your hubby "thank you" because support and encouragement aren't something you can buy at a hardware store.

Well, now if I can just raise the money I need to finish this, I will be good to go! Too bad I don't have enough time to try and build my husband a costume too. He isn't too big about it though. He just said that if I make it he will wear it, but if not, he doesn't care. :p

Im so glad that your going to continue with this project. I've been following it and think its brilliant! Its made me even consider to finish of the rest of my Carter build as foam! Im a bit of a detail nut so thats my biggest concern, but with time and effort, I think its achievable! Awesome effort!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back