Halo Reach Kat - Foam Armor *FINISHED* 10/31/11

Status
Not open for further replies.
nice to see you found someone to build a good chest piece for you Im having trouble rying to find an accurate chest armor that you first see noble six in.

Well guys, things are starting to look pretty grim......
I still have NOT recieved the package in the mail from Brandon that includes the boots, helmet and magnum. The convention is THIS saturday and I still don't have everything I need to complete the costume. :( If I don't have it by Friday, I probably won't be able to dress up when I go to the convention. It really sucks because A LOT of people at work want to see it as well and my boss wanted to see it and then possibly commission me to build 2 costumes for her 2 sons.

As for those that are wanting to see a front picture of what the chestplate looks like, I will get that posted soon. The most recent pic of me with the chestplate on ONLY had the right half built. There was no left half to it and that makes it hard to fully tell how it looks from the front when half of it is missing. XD

Last edited by a moderator:
And here is a front view of the chestplate. The left side is still not fully connected as I still need to glue together some areas of the back and having the left side still unsecure, it allows me better access to the inside back area so I can glue everything else together. At least you can still get a good idea of what the torso looks like from the front.

2lvbhfl.jpg

When I get off work tonight, or at least thursday morning, I plan on glueing the rest of the chestplate together and reinstalling the ab plate. Once that is all in place, this should look really good! :D

yup. that width is right. looks alot better width wide than mine. probably going to have to remake it.

wow... you still havent recieved it?
regardless the chest plate looks MUCH better than the last one. (personally i hope you finish it, regardless if you make the dead line or not.)

wow... you still havent recieved it?
regardless the chest plate looks MUCH better than the last one. (personally i hope you finish it, regardless if you make the dead line or not.)
Nope. Still have not got it and if I don't get it, the chances of this build ever being done are slim since we don't ever get to go anywhere that allows me to wear this. This is a once a year opportunity and the convention is supposed to be like an early birthday present. :\

I also feel that Brandon is avoiding me. I have sent him messages and he has been on here since I sent the messages and have NOT heard from him.

Well, the torso is pretty much done. I just need to add on the lower back piece. Otherwise, the chestplate is finished and needs a paint job now! :D

I had a hard time trying to get a pic. XD I had to try and raise my camera by stacking pillows and after a few pics, this one seemed to work good enough. haha

f0vqu0.jpg

Now if my helmet and everything else would hurry up and get here!!! :(

So now that the chestplate is done being built and just needs a paint job, I went back to work on the prosthetic arm. I decided to mostly focus on the upper part of the arm since that area seemed a little tricky.

I knew that in order to make the shoulder the way it is, I needed something sturdy. I started with the foam as the base part. Of course, the shoulder would flop around and it would be too flimsy so I needed something to reinforce it on the inside. I also needed something that I could bend into shape but would still hold quite well. After looking around my house and thinking of what I had that would work, I spotted an aliminum can of tea that my husband had. The main part of it was too thin and would not hold the weight, HOWEVER, the bottom of the can was perfect. It was thin, it could bend AND it could hold up to the weight so I glued that on the "arm" that extends up and holds the shoulder piece.

It works. Not the best thing ever, but it will do.

w8sxon.jpg

Really like how this is coming together. And big props (wow i'm showing my age with that line) for the resourcefulness of the can. I'm constantly amazed at how the most random items around us can be the key to getting things just right. Can't wait to see how this turns out.

Well, I heard from Brandon and I didn't know that customs could hold mail packages for so long. It is 2:40am on a friday morning and if the package isn't here later today around the time the mail comes through here, I will not be going to the convention. There goes my birthday present. *cries*

Then it will ultimately boil down to the fact that I wasted all this time and deprived myself of sleep and food in order to try and have this costume finished for nothing. This is the ONLY convention I get to go to and I was hoping to have a costume just for that. Now there is no point for this costume anymore. Oh well. Yet another fail. :\

No need to throw in the towel, I'm sure everyone here would love to see the project finished even if you miss your deadline.
If nothing else it's a head start for the next year's convention.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back