Props Halo Reach M6 Pistol (Pic Heavy)

Status
Not open for further replies.
A week or two ago, I received my Reach pistol from smick6 (amazingly accurate model BTW) and began to paint it. At first I went for the fresh factory look, but then I decided to give it some weathering to make it look more realistic. I think I will add more pictures of the finished result, and I have more progress pictures that are still on my phone. I'm very happy with the way it turned out, so I wanted to share it with you guys!

I started by cleaning up the cast with a dremel, and fine sanding the places that would need smoothing. I then added spot putty to certain places and wet sanded with 400 grit sandpaper. This was my first experience with spot putty, and I'm very satisfied with the results. I then primed the gun and began painting it.

th_IMG_0150.jpgth_IMG_0151.jpgth_IMG_0153.jpgth_IMG_0154.jpg

This is the gun all painted, factory finish. I had to use a paint pen for the yellow, since I didn't have a good enough yellow otherwise. All of the writing and other details are done by hand with the smallest paintbrush I could find. :)

IMG_0156.jpg
IMG_0157.jpg

I decided that the gun looked too "fake" I guess? So I began weathering it using a combination of blackwash and dry brushing. The finished product can be seen below, but the lighting isn't the best so I will upload more pictures later.

IMG_0159.jpg
IMG_0158.jpg

Thanks for checking it out! Tell me what you think, and hopefully I can get some better pictures up soon.

wow i feel like the spartan version of Clint Eastwood now tell me are you feeling luck....punk? except he would be unstoppable

What color paints did you use? I want to make magnums for my twin cousins but dont know what colors to use. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back