Halo Reach Noble 6 Armor

Status
Not open for further replies.
UPDATE

Started work on the "Buck" or mold for vacuum forming my visor. Some point soon i'll be making a vacuum forming table, and vacuum forming the visor for my helmet

IMG_20150428_110321.jpg

IMG_20150428_110211.jpg
the cardboard supports will be covered in resin, along with the front, to harden the structure. then i'll be bondoing the surface to make it smooth and give the desired layered affect.

IMG_20150428_110321.jpg

IMG_20150428_110211.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Did some more work on the visor Buck, i have it all bondo'd, and sanded it, and about to add the raised parts. can't wait to see what it will look like when the visor is all done!

IMG_20150502_140144.jpg
before sanding, with bondo, and spot putty

IMG_20150502_150101.jpg
after sanding and a layer of primer

Final Product

IMG_20150504_163151.jpg
i gave it a hexagon look, more like halo 4, just to give it some more detail, and a slight personal touch, to make it different from other halo reach helmets.

IMG_20150504_163155.jpg

UPDATE
Finally a good amount of progress! sorry for the delay, with school ending soon i keep getting a lot of work to do, and i haven't had much time

noble 6 right arm.jpg
i have both hand plates and the right arm done, minus the shoulder armor

magnum.jpg
started making a magnum as well!

noble 6 right arm.jpg

magnum.jpg

Hey, I'm just wondering how you did the cylinder things next to the vents on the side of your helmet? I'm pepping out the same model you used and I just don't see how its going to be possible to keep it clean, also what size is your helmet, I had some difficulty getting my sizing right, though I'm still not sure its 100% right.

Ok, so those circular things i didn't do with pepakura because like you said they came out super messy and looked awful. what i did was took those 1mm foamies, and wrapped them up like cinnamon buns into cylinders, then glues them together and used those, making sure the seems were on the inside of the helmet when i glued it in. also, i think my helmet is just under 300mm tall, but i wouldn't quote me on that since i just stuck a ruler next to it to guesstimate! although it seems like it's too big so i'd go smaller if i did it again personally.

Damn, just looking over your build again, to see a bit more how you did those foam circle things, and those ear bits (the inset circle with two rectangle prongs) is super clean - I can't seem to get that very good and they come out really flat with little detail, that said I'm working with the height a 256mm, so a lot smaller than 300, still its really good. I'm just wondering how did the foam hold up to resining? I've got epoxy and I was thinking it could (if I'm unlucky) eat away/melt the foam which would really suck, yours looks like it came out fine though.

My brother is trying for Noble 6. Myself however is going for a custom spartan. Mk VI body with a Recon helm from H3

Damn, just looking over your build again, to see a bit more how you did those foam circle things, and those ear bits (the inset circle with two rectangle prongs) is super clean - I can't seem to get that very good and they come out really flat with little detail, that said I'm working with the height a 256mm, so a lot smaller than 300, still its really good. I'm just wondering how did the foam hold up to resining? I've got epoxy and I was thinking it could (if I'm unlucky) eat away/melt the foam which would really suck, yours looks like it came out fine though.

the resin went over the EVA foam fine, i had no problems, but it might not hurt for you to test it on a scrap bit of foam first, just in case

How did you get the visor that gold tint? Is that transparent enough to wear and not go cross eyed?

haha, well, i haven't tied wearing it for a long amount of time but it seems to work perfectly ok as far as i can tell when i hold it up to my face! i got the technique from an awesome guy on youtube called Daniel Bignoux, ill give a link to his videos on how to get the color, which you can use his techniques to make it any color you want!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back