Halo reach's new unlockables Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

cr1tterp0wer

So there's an amazing skull helmet recently discovered and i hear the way to unlock it is by purchasing everything in the armory...... MY QUESTION IS since Recon comes with the pre-ordered games already and isn't unlock-able, are those of us who have the regular version of the game left out, prohibited from unlocking the HAUNTED helmet?

pic here
(helmet exists, is on the homepage of bungie.net)
skull_helmet_halo_reach_haunted.png

Looks like its going to be reach's version of the flaming recon or in other words Bungie employee exclusive. But lets hope thats not true.

I heard that it comes from buying every helmet (not everything armour piece). Recon isn't really bought, it's unlocked with a code, so it should be exempt from that rule. And I can't imagine Bungie withholding Haunted from 95% of Reach players.

And I've heard the Bungie exclusive is blue flames, while other people say that's just the lightning effect (which is 2 million cr).

What I want to know is how to get the Pilot helmet (among others). It's not even in my list. Is it a rank thing or is it because I haven't beaten the game on Legendary yet?

I heard that it comes from buying every helmet (not everything armour piece). Recon isn't really bought, it's unlocked with a code, so it should be exempt from that rule. And I can't imagine Bungie withholding Haunted from 95% of Reach players.

And I've heard the Bungie exclusive is blue flames, while other people say that's just the lightning effect (which is 2 million cr).

What I want to know is how to get the Pilot helmet (among others). It's not even in my list. Is it a rank thing or is it because I haven't beaten the game on Legendary yet?

rank, i think it appears once you've reached Major. Mk. V[A] appears once you reach captain, i know that :)

So, expect to obtain in the next decade? :p
That's a hell of a lot of multiplayer to get through, or brain-numbing campaign run throughs with a few skulls on.

So, expect to obtain in the next decade? :p
That's a hell of a lot of multiplayer to get through, or brain-numbing campaign run throughs with a few skulls on.
Just make a Fire Fight gametype with nothing but heretics. it earns you 3,500 cR per set on normal :)

Actually your rank is accumalated from all game types so you get points for each game you play wether from campaign, firefight and all matchmaking types...

Custom skulls are found in the firefight menu, you have to specify for every round/wave. good luck
I'm aware of that. But I only get 50 credits per match. My question was whether or not he put the custom skulls on.

I'm aware of that. But I only get 50 credits per match. My question was whether or not he put the custom skulls on.

50 credits? that can't be right
im getting over three thousand for gruntacolypes
legendary with good active camo, bottomless clip, unlimited jet pack, every skull active, 3 rounds and rocket launcher.
the more multikills you get the better the performance bonus. the quicker you do it the more time bonus, harder the difficulty the more bonus the more you die the less performance bonus.

50 credits? that can't be right
im getting over three thousand for gruntacolypes
legendary with good active camo, bottomless clip, unlimited jet pack, every skull active, 3 rounds and rocket launcher.
the more multikills you get the better the performance bonus. the quicker you do it the more time bonus, harder the difficulty the more bonus the more you die the less performance bonus.

Whenever I play firefight I can only get a maximum of 60 credits, no matter how its setup. However when I play matchmaking firefight I earn plenty more credits, and I can average 1300 credits from a gruntpocalypse in matchmaking score attack.

Question: do you play Reach online? or is everything you do offline?

i play online a little now i have intenet and a 12 month gold subscription im gonna be online majorly
i must be on matchmaking firefight then.

i play offline and get 3,400 for a game of heretics =/ no time limit, infinite lives, infinite ammo, bonus round of all hunters with bottomless clip and invulnerability....

Bungie said that the credits earning are accelerated for offline players so that they have something of a chance of unlocking some cool stuff. But to keep things fair you get knocked down a lot when you go online.

thatd be somethin to have with the flaming helmet. unfortunately, i cant earn any more points for some reason and im not even to warrant officer. :(

Yeah I get like 50cr for firefight as well, even played a round of gruntacolypes on legendary with no custom skulls and still got next to nothing.

Does anyone have any links to what armor is unlocked at what rank or is most of that stuff still undetermined?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back