Halo Recon

Status
Not open for further replies.

MH555

I've been perusing the internet looking for a way to make a either a Halo 3 or Reach Recon helmet. Can someone explain to me what I need to do and how to do it?

If all goes well, I'll also make a Halo Reach M6G pistol.

BTW This is my first post yaah!

welcome to the 405th friend . Read the stickies and that should help you with your first armor build.

Read this and everything linked in it.

Contrary to the previous post, you do not need the Pepakura Viewer, but the Designer. You also need lots of safety equipment.

Welcome to the 405th! Well, I started off a straight up noob at this. However, there is so much information to guide you here on the 405th. With that said, take a look at my thread. I’m currently working on a Halo3/Reach recon helmet and I’ve taken pictures of my process. My steps were pretty much what everyone else does here on the 405th (Research each step for further detail).

1. Scale & print your model from Pepakura (You can find models either on this site or the Halo costuming wiki)
2. Assemble your model (I used hot glue, some people use super glue)
3. Resin the outside (I used two layers)
4. Fiberglass the inside (I used 1 layer)
5. Rondo inside (Optional, I used one layer)
6. Body filler (Bondo) on the outside (Smooth – this is a long process)
7. Spot Putty (Optional, I am going to go over mine with this, right before I paint)
8. Epoxy Putty for Details (Optional, however this gave me a pretty decent result, People also used layered card stock & other materials for this) - Ex. Communication uplink
9. Carve Detail lines (I used Tape to get the general outline & wood carving tools for the lines, However you can use a needle file-I may use the needle file method on future builds)
10. Paint (I have yet to do this, but will soon)

Safety equipment (I used)

1. 3M Half Face Paint Respirator from Home Depot - $30 (Used when working with Bodyfiller, Resin and other harmful chemicals) – Needs to block Organic Vapors
2. Dust Masks (I used it for Sanding) - $3 - $5 per pack
3. Safety Glasses/Goggles (I used this when working with the dremel) $3 -$10
4. Latex Gloves (Used when working with Bondo or Resin) - $2.5 - $10

Also, if you need specifics on how I did anything, feel free to PM with questions. Again, I’m still a noob at this, so if I missed anything, I apologize. Good luck on your build!

i suggest that you get all your supplies before you start, so you can commit to a method.
@seaninja: geuss what i just won...

Exactly how much extra money are we talking about.... I can probably get my hands on safety equipment easily and I can get spray paint easily too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back