Halo renders

Status
Not open for further replies.

GMer56

Sr Member
Got a little bored today, goofed around in DAZ studio: (no photoshop)

spartanfire-1.jpg

Widescreen picture, but the forum cut it :(

Whaddya think? Was my boredom productive?

Very productive!
I love the posterized style :)
So is this a render you made, and added the effects within the software?
I've never heard of DAZ studio before you see

- X.

Very productive!

- X.

Then you arn't really working in the 3d industry :p are ya?
I got it myself. Just so i can send people the right formats they want. I just export and import in it. But can't really do anything with it like GMer56.
Thats a neat render man! Could you show the scene? I'm curious if the fire is a .png or made diffrent.

Excellent rendering. Take a look at "The GIMP" it is a free (Gnu licensed) Graphic Image Editing Program. It does everything that Photoshop does (and maybe more).

The wife tells me that's not what you meant. What you were saying is that you didn't need or use Photoshop, not that you didn't have it. I see. Well no matter how you did it, excellent piece of work. I think it might make a nice desktop...

The funny thing is that there is no undersuit texture. Just skin :D

Very productive!

- X.
DAZ Studio is uery flexible. There are free hi res people models and .obj files can be imported and attached to the 3d models. Also there is a cartoon rendering option, so it renders with the filter.

DAZ is much like gmax, a smaller uersion of a more expensiue program (Hexagon or Carra or something...)

I ran the 3d models from gmax to the gmax tempest gamepack then export it as a .md3 to lithunwrap, which then exports it as a .obj file. A uery long process, but its free (and legal)

Excellent rendering. Take a look at "The GIMP" it is a free (Gnu licensed) Graphic Image Editing Program. It does everything that Photoshop does (and maybe more).

The wife tells me that's not what you meant. What you were saying is that you didn't need or use Photoshop, not that you didn't have it. I see. Well no matter how you did it, excellent piece of work. I think it might make a nice desktop...

I loue GIMP, as my budget is $0. Its open source, which means eueryone working on it all the time, making it better.
I already the picture as my desktop (thus the reason for the wide aspect ratio), and my former roommate requested a copy. There was no post work done on the picture at all.

I got it myself. Just so i can send people the right formats they want. I just export and import in it. But can't really do anything with it like GMer56.
Thats a neat render man! Could you show the scene? I'm curious if the fire is a .png or made diffrent.

Well, the fire is a color file and an alpha file (downloaded from a cool site), here's a screenshot of the program
dazscreenshot.jpg

I considered going into the 3d industry (and mechanical engineering), but I learned that
when a hobby becomes work it ceases to be fun.

i have autodesk can i create a 3d mastercheif person thingy like that? if so are there any tuts?

i have autodesk can i create a 3d mastercheif person thingy like that? if so are there any tuts?
I don't know much about autodesk, friend. That costs money (of which I have none). I had this chief model kicking around, so I split it into eah armor piece then imported it into DAZ studio (which is free).

Haha! How did you guess?
Nah, I'm a complete noob to 3D modelling, although it's something I'd very much like to get good at.
I guess it just makes all this work like GMer's that extra bit awesome to me haha,

And cheers for the info GMer :) Again, awesome work!

- X.

Did another one! It's something you don't see everyday (or you might, I dunno)

test.jpg

again, no postwork. It's actually on the lowest rendering setting because the left arm pieces just go black o_O

I guess she's cannon... her hair isn't outrageously long like in Halo Legends "Baby sitter" :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back