Halo: Sigma - Fan Film

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just make sure your script follows the basic "5 Act" method of screen writing. If it is going to be about 30 minutes, you don't want to have a lot of down time. Make sure you develop the characters well enough. Rule of thumb: make a backstory for each main character and incorporate bits of them in the movie's story when trying to build characterization.

My experience:

Film School

Screen writer: 12 years

Director: 10 years

Editor: 8 years

Visual Effects Artist: 5 years

Drector of Photography: 3 years

schwinn444 said:
Just make sure your script follows the basic "5 Act" method of screen writing. If it is going to be about 30 minutes, you don't want to have a lot of down time. Make sure you develop the characters well enough. Rule of thumb: make a backstory for each main character and incorporate bits of them in the movie's story when trying to build characterization.

My experience:

Film School

Screen writer: 12 years

Director: 10 years

Editor: 8 years

Visual Effects Artist: 5 years

Drector of Photography: 3 years

Thanks for the advice man, i appreciate it.

Last edited by a moderator:
HarvestRecruit said:
o snap that reminds me hows the AI comming

Pretty good. i'm tryin' to figure out how to do the glowing, transparent blue thing.

HarvestRecruit said:
what movie software are you using cuz you could just change the hue and ocupancy in it

Thats what i was gonna try. Usin' final cut btw.

Animation isn't finished yet but i got a pic....

HarvestRecruit said:
final cut is a good program. It beats windows movie maker.

man i wish i had a mac

Yeah, macs rule. except when it comes to games, they suck when it comes to games :(

i'm trying to get my dad to get me Adobe after effects ( explosions, blood, plasma, laser, HUD's FTW!)

LT. Ty said:
Thats what i was gonna try. Usin' final cut btw.

Animation isn't finished yet but i got a pic....

ha it works!

ps. no biggie but y does it look like he is siting down

HarvestRecruit said:
yeah adobe after afect is better than wat i got (photoshop and movie maker) because its all in one

Plus doin' the animated hud in after effects would look cool for first person shots.

Oh btw, not to sound like a pest but how's the sketch coming? last one looked awesome btw.

Ps, he looks like he's sitting down cause for a kind of Halo origins cortana kinda feel with the way the A.I. act. ( in other words, cause he's sitting down.) :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back