Halo Suite For The U.S Army

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes this is me. I am in the US Army. The unit is 2SCR As for the job i do i cant really get into that. So there for thouse that don't belive me then there. O and that pic was taken 2 months ago o and if the pic does not load then you can look at it here. http://www.facebook.com/#!/photo.php?pid=31505875&id=1104491919&ref=fbx_album

well, you said you worked with Strykers. So were assuming thats what you do, and you're part of ISAF. I have a buddy of mine thats a Lt. Commander in the NAVY on the ground with ISAF. Also note by telling us your in the 2nd Stryker Cavalry Regiment, you just told us what you do.

But we are all just curious as to how it would be possible to ship you several large boxes as care packages, which would be very expensive in its own right.

We have a member here, pretty sure hes in the elite section, Thorsolli who made an awesome Halo rig while on deployment. granted hes not in the Army, but he still did it while deployed.

kyroh, i am not sure how to take your last note.. don't know if you are taking offence to the questions, but, the questions are coming due to that fact that, i am sure, there are several on here that would consider the request. there are allot of logistics that would have to take place, not to mention that there is allot, and i mean allot, of work that goes into completing a kit. not to mention the amount of money. there are several scams in the world and not saying you are one.. most of us are sceptical to put a ton of work into something that we think is a good thing to get burnt in the end.

how long is your deployment and when are you scheduled to return? might be able to come up with something that would time with your returning and then you can deal with the cost of getting it back . there are allot of questions to be answered.

maybe someone can spearhead this idea and make direct contact to figure out the logistics. like i said before someone near home base that can make contact with the unit. make it a unit thing not an individual in the unit. donate something to the unit and let the unit use it as it sees fit. then it would be a donation to the army not an individual.

Guise I work for the FBI. I was wondering if I can has 100 spartan suitz for us fbi guise. We'll pay lots of munies. Anyone interested?

In all honesty, I have no problem making a suit available. I have one ready now. Its just a question of whether he really wants to pay what it costs. They just plain aren't $600-1000. I sent several PMs, and no response, so my guess is that he is just trolling.

They do say, "Let your limitations be your guide." If your unit works on Strikers, I am going to go ahead and guess that there is probably a pretty extensively equipped metalworking shop for servicing those vehicles. I think that you could leverage a lot of that gear for armor building. Do not let yourself get too tied down to any one material or method in construction. Granted, genuine metal pieces for Halo armor are pretty unconventional, but perfectly doable. Just getting the right pattern down is the trick, and for that you just need some Pepakura and stuff to assemble it with.

Still suspect. The inability to use ARE, OUR, THERE and THEIR correctly, bothers me. Admittedly though, spelling and grammar are not huge requirements for ground pounding grunts. ASVAB tests aside. I'd be more willing to buy this, if you, he, had said "Hey guys, my squad mates and I pooled together $500.00, who can we get some armor from?"
Personally, even if I was active duty, I'd never even think of hitting up a site for some "donated" anything. I think that mentality, doesn't fit in with an over all "military manner".
*I wear a uniform, what can I get people to give me?* <---- no.

Just me though...
Good luck.
T.

Still suspect. The inability to use ARE, OUR, THERE and THEIR correctly, bothers me. Admittedly though, spelling and grammar are not huge requirements for ground pounding grunts. ASVAB tests aside. I'd be more willing to buy this, if you, he, had said "Hey guys, my squad mates and I pooled together $500.00, who can we get some armor from?"
Personally, even if I was active duty, I'd never even think of hitting up a site for some "donated" anything. I think that mentality, doesn't fit in with an over all "military manner".
*I wear a uniform, what can I get people to give me?* <---- no.

Just me though...
Good luck.
T.

i agree 100% would be an interesting idea though. but the way it was approached does not sit right.

because i look to be somewhat of a professional

not half assed and not short dicked

Meaning Something better than what some of the **** i have seen

Yep, real professional, soldier.

You are a real piece of work friend. Just the kind of typical ego-centric meatheads I had to deal with in the Corps. Not only are you making yourself look like an idiot, but you are also giving the rest of us veterans a bad name. And don't bring that POG and Grunt bs onto this thread. Your message is only being heard by the men and women that have been there, and they could care less about your point of view.

I'm tired of these "I am a combat veteran, bow down to me and give me lots of free crap" attitudes. Suck it up, you volunteered
No one owes us ANYTHING. And it should be your responsibility to deal with that.

Members have said they would like to help. But this hobby is not cheap, and it is very time consuming. You ask for way too much, period. You have no right disrespecting this community like that.

The sad truth is, there are a lot of people like this in the armed forces. Not heroes, not honorable men an women, just thugs and bullies. A big part of why I had to get out of that system.

thank you for showing your true selfs. Have a great day from the US ARMY

Lol, no.
Enjoy trashcanistan, Hooah?

as an ARMY vet myself....

your ridiculous. get off your high horse. It would be great to help you build a suit. But you ask for more than one now? really? do you know how long it takes to build just one? from scratch, to your measurements? this stuff isnt stormtrooper armor, where 99% of all armor made will fit everybody. this stuff is size specific.

Do you really have enough free time that you have time to be on the internet, instead of out doing your actual job?

ok, i'm done.

Hey guys, keep it professional would you. Some of you have been here a long time and know that we try and comport ourselves with some dignity around here. For those of you that are newer, we don't start flame wars. There is a proper way to approach something like this. Its called a PM. If you have issues with the way someone is going about something, broach the subject TACTFULLY in the thread and if the problem persists, address it in private. If it continues, then PM a mod. Kyroh, the language is uncalled for. And in his defense, he was specifying the different variants that he would be interested in obtaining, not that he wanted all of them, but that any of the specified permutations would suit his fancy. So Kyroh, if you are serious about this, send me a PM. We can work out the details. As far as my work quality goes, I will let it speak for itself. You can ask around, dig a little bit, and you will see how it is. Let me know.

PS. Must say I am more than a little disappointed in the members here. It could and should have been handled a lot better.

I understand your concerns Brandon, and I'm sorry you feel disappointed.

But I stand by what I said. We shouldn't have to wait for someone to talk down to the members of this community, disrespect their work and system, only to approach the individual in a politically correct manner privately. This isn't about me personally being offended, rather a "Police your own" scenario. Therefor didn't rate a PM.

Sorry, but I think my response was plenty tactful. Beats the rest of the community on this forum thinking all military folks are like him.

OK well first off. Yes i told you what unit i was with. But you have no idea as to what i do every day. The only things i said was Afgan 2scr that was it..
Well seeing as many of us here are active or retired military I would argue the contrary. Im all for OPSEC but enough with trying to pass it off all secret squirrel there SPC.
Agreed Terrag, I would hope at some point in prepping for NCO professional development an E4 would learn to spell.
Fishy poster is fishy.

i'm kind of with becks here,
paragraphs, punctuation and sentences win alot of respect in my book, since i can't respect your post if i cannot read it.

Wow Really? Thats all you care about is how well i can spell really. O wait the soilder has bad grammer. O now lets get on him about it. Wow how much of a dumb a$$ he really is. Look with things like spell check. Do you really think that anyone cares about Paragraphs, punctuation and sentences? I mean honestly. I tried to defend my self i asked for some assistance and no one belived me. So i did the next best thing... I spoke my mind and not cared. I said what i had to say and for what to be ridicule. I mean really. Thats what i got my self into on this web page. God well I'm so Sorry. I did not know i offened everyone on here with how i spoke. Well then...umm Well First off Sorry Brandon. Your right i shouldn't have blown up. But well when you have people on here that well don't belive a word you say. Well tell me what would you have done? As for the rest off you. Good job. I asked for something that to tell you the truth wasn't for me i really didn't care but it was for the platoon and it would have been nice to see hows its done. But hey what the heck do i know. I'm just some dumb infantry guy. O and as for the NCO professional development Its not there anymore don't know how long you have been in. But it no longer there. I'm done. Plese who is ever in charge of this that can delete blogs just delete this one. I tryed to make a point and it back fired.

Yep, real professional, soldier.

You are a real piece of work friend. Just the kind of typical ego-centric meatheads I had to deal with in the Corps. Not only are you making yourself look like an idiot, but you are also giving the rest of us veterans a bad name. And don't bring that POG and Grunt bs onto this thread. Your message is only being heard by the men and women that have been there, and they could care less about your point of view.

I'm tired of these "I am a combat veteran, bow down to me and give me lots of free crap" attitudes. Suck it up, you volunteered
No one owes us ANYTHING. And it should be your responsibility to deal with that.

Members have said they would like to help. But this hobby is not cheap, and it is very time consuming. You ask for way too much, period. You have no right disrespecting this community like that.

The sad truth is, there are a lot of people like this in the armed forces. Not heroes, not honorable men an women, just thugs and bullies. A big part of why I had to get out of that system.

Lol, no.
Enjoy trashcanistan, Hooah?

Ummm wow really? Seriously? Thats not even cool dude. Sure you've been in the Corps, thats great and all, but you're out of it now. And now you go bashing another soldier? Sure he may have a tall order for us, but still, you could just respectfuly say no, instead of that crap. And "Trashcanistan", where guys die every day to stop the terrorist threat? Real cool dude

Kyroh, I'd build stuff for you, but I don't have any supplies right now and money is tight.

do you have the capability to make simple adjustments over there? like cutting things and the such. i have a set of brandon mcclain's gauntlets for a REACH spartan,. and a noble six helmet from him. I'm not going to be using either and i would love to donate them instead of re-selling them. I may have a hard time cutting them and painting them since my time is so limited. It would e great for you guys to have some niceties over there. After doing 2 tours in the gulf myself, anything to brighten the days.

Kyroh....

Seriously, see if you can get the guys to pool together some cash. This stuff is NOT cheap or easy to make. Handmade items are ALWAYS more expensive. Ever noted the difference between a painting and a print? Same kind of deal.

Ive spent 100s of $$ just in setup, and Ive made a only 2 wearable helmets so far. And have a few other things close to being finished.

Alot of these guys are vets too.. myself included. Mutual respect would go a long way.. FROM BOTH SIDES guys.

Youre asking for something from us, at a good deal... try to meet us in the middle here and offer SOMETHING in return. We are almost all individuals with families to support. We just do NOT have the cash to do things for free.

However, I am certain there are people that will take a low offer once this business of military verification is settled.

And believe me.. they like to verify ANYONE they sell to. I am not surprised to see these reactions to ANYONE asking for a free professional grade suit.

Its a bit unheard of.

All Im saying is a little compromise can go a long way here.

Well i mean if its 100 dollers to start then i mean what if a donation was made of lets say...ummm 1000 to 2000 dollers. How far would that go i mean i know i can donate 500. Thats not a problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back