Halo TV Series Armor

Status
Not open for further replies.

SwigOfMercury

I didn't notice another thread about the new halo TV series (The armor not everything else). I'm considering starting to build some of Riz-028s armor, especially the helmet and radio backpack, they looked great in the show! If anyone else is interested in armor from the show let's collect some reference images here

I am currently making armour from Halo Infinate, but I have taken some inspiration from the TV show on the practical costumes (about the only good thing about the show)

I particularly like the rubber car seals around the arms on the armour and the usage of clips on the legs, and the cut out thighs.

Attachments

• Halopedia Riz Concept Art.PNG
    Halopedia Riz Concept Art.PNG
    569.8 KB · Views: 144
I am currently making armour from Halo Infinate, but I have taken some inspiration from the TV show on the practical costumes (about the only good thing about the show)

I particularly like the rubber car seals around the arms on the armour and the usage of clips on the legs, and the cut out thighs.
It was cool to see how their practical costume design differed from the game. I agree on the seals and cut out thighs, those modifications likely help mobility a lot

I'm also looking at making the TV armor. I'm thinking that Chief's armor most likely is the same/similar to the Chief armor from Infinite. Has anyone seen any differences?

Not to volunteer someone if they don't want the job but SgtSaint does some awesome work grabbing images from the show. He's doing a chief build from the show and was able to grab some amazing reference shots. He may have or be able to help you get some of Riz.

No worries FalseShepherd. I don't consider myself volunteered.
SwigOfMercury Saw you said you didn't see any other TV series build threads. I know I've seen a couple. Maybe check the 'first build' area. That's where mine is and *I think* a couple others. I know I saw someone doing a KAI-125 for their daughter as well. And I've seen someone do the Vannick build by customizing a lot of Chief and EOD parts.

He's doing a chief build
Well... I'm doing a SgtSaint build. For 35 years of cosplay I've never gone as an existing character from any franchise. I am always my own character in that universe. That said, with the show, it seems better than 75% of the armor is all the same base with changes per character. So its still mostly a Chief build even if you aren't going as Chief. When you start to dissect them you see they are all the same chest. Kai has more 'o' ring greeblies including 2 placed like nipples and also on the shoulders, and Vannick has the 3 horizontal handles. But its still all the same base.
1662681201819.png

SwigOfMercury You said you wanted to do Riz' armor, right? I can't say I've done a full post-mortem on hers, but it seems to be nearly identical to Chief's. So I'd say you can study most all of the armors for most of the broad strokes, and then really only have to analyse Riz for the petty differences. But they did a LOT of differentiation with colors. Mostly it all makes sense from a show production standpoint as well as keeping their uniforms looking uniform and modular.
You said you need shot of helmet and radio pack. Hope the attached help (see the attachment tray below). Last one is dark, here is it enhanced as well.
1662681983082.png

For context... I'm not a gamer. I'm learning the franchise starting at the show and working backwards so I could be terribly wrong about some of the details and history but as near as I can tell the majority of the show looks (TO ME) to match up with 'Infinite' pretty well, with elements of 'Reach'. For my own character I am using the Chief files from "Galactic Armory" on Etsy, for the majority of it. The QCQ helmet from NerdDesigns on Etsy. Starbase3d.etsy.com has the TV series dog tags as well as some other series-specific items including the under armor connector greeblies. Thingiverse has several versions of all the weapons. One of the things I'm learning here and really liking the underlying theme of modularity just like real military gear. So for me that means a common base but totally fine to change pieces (modules) for my own taste and character background etc. For example I was US Army Signal Corps in real life and considered doing Riz's radio pack as well at some point. I don't think I'll have it done in time for November's convention... but at some point maybe.

Attachments

• s01-e01_00_13_26-00032.png
    s01-e01_00_13_26-00032.png
    7.2 MB · Views: 121
  • s01-e01_00_13_26-00033.png
    s01-e01_00_13_26-00033.png
    7.1 MB · Views: 111
  • s01e09_00_15_49-00026.png
    s01e09_00_15_49-00026.png
    2.6 MB · Views: 130
Well... I'm doing a SgtSaint build. For 35 years of cosplay I've never gone as an existing character from any franchise. I am always my own character in that universe. That said, with the show, it seems better than 75% of the armor is all the same base with changes per character. So its still mostly a Chief build even if you aren't going as Chief.
I stand corrected. I just remembered that most of your reference images were of the chief, but your modularity point is well made.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back