Halo Vehicle? possibilty

Status
Not open for further replies.
i didnt know about the chain tensioner thingy on the new bikes but on the mongoose it has 2 chains one for each wheel which means the engine has 2 output shafts and directly drives 2 different gears

stens47 said:
i didnt know about the chain tensioner thingy on the new bikes but on the mongoose it has 2 chains one for each wheel which means the engine has 2 output shafts and directly drives 2 different gears

not really your could rig a single swingarm to the drive gear and run a steel rod through that swingarm connecting two other swing arms to power the wheels it would just invole welding a gear to the rod so that the main drive gear can compensate for the 2 wheels

Last edited by a moderator:
spartanforever said that he could fund it. Not sure how much hes able to fund though. I'm pretty sure that he would want to ride it all of the time though.

stens47 said:
spartanforever said that he could fund it. Not sure how much hes able to fund though. I'm pretty sure that he would want to ride it all of the time though.

Yeah major problem is that the build would run probably around 10k-12k usd and i doubt anyone would drop that kind of cash on anyone they dont know....

i ahve ever hear this idea before...

there was a studio that made a warthog in Australia or something like that, it is possible, but it would take a big company with a lot of money...

ltmcmuffin said:
...there was a studio that made a warthog in Australia or something like that...

It was Weta in New Zealand ;) Wouldn't surprise me if they had done a Mongoose as well...

well there is the idea, you could make a duplicate replica, like a life size solid resin prop, lol, you never know, people make props like that alot, you wouldnt be able to drive it but you could take photoshoots with it, that is after you drag it the place your taking your photo shoot too lol

yeah i was gonna say would you mind makin a CAD page resingod? i would definitley like to see what i could do about this. not like i can, though. just a thought.

if you wanted a mongoose, you would HAVE to custom build the whole thing. especially the wheels, because look at the suspension. its not like a normal ATV.

but, it is 500 years in the future. lets get a time machine!

one of my best friends who goes to school with me is building a Mongoose for a tournament prize give away to the winner. His Dad has an operation going on where he has "professional" gamers come out and stay with them in Alpine to play in tournaments via XBL. Maybe this can help:
*They are using a 2001 Honda
*they have stripped the original plastic body off and
sanded it, molded new areas, and repainted it for that Mongoose feel.
*exchanged the gas tank with a smaller size as well as seating
*the handle bars have been completely redone (not just looks but rotation)
* They added shocks in the back and had it lifted with new smaller ties.

last time I saw it the thing was naked. I helped with the Body filler and fitting the lights.
If I get to see the finished product I'll take pictures, but the idea is possable and being done.

(If my friend can do it, then how many has WETA made?. . . . )

My funds are limited too, but best of luck to you! Use this as inspiration hopefully!

If you can see if you can get pictures i would love to see how it looks, imagine weta actually building a Scorpion tank as well that would be totally epic

i got a little 50 laying around and my grandpa and my and are mechanics so i could get them to help me build it im mean i cant fit the four wheeler any way so i have nothing to loose

If you have halo 3 you can get online, and then go to the theater, and then take screen shots: Which then download to bungie.net stats. Then you can save them to your comp and then upload to here. If you cant do that let me know what shots you need. Bottom, top, front side whatever i can get them for you.

stens47 said:
If you have halo 3 you can get online, and then go to the theater, and then take screen shots: Which then download to bungie.net stats. Then you can save them to your comp and then upload to here. If you cant do that let me know what shots you need. Bottom, top, front side whatever i can get them for you.

I dont have a 360 :mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back