Halo Weapons build from scratch *PIC HEAVY*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Next project:
P6190471.jpg

You can't tell from the picture, but I've scribbled all over this thing. One thing I learned from working on the M6 is planning ahead helps tons. I spent a lot of time just staring at the stupid gun trying to figure things out because I was too excited to plan anything out. So hopefully this time I waste less time since it'll take me a while to build this thing. BUT I'M SO EXCITED.

Very nice build you have there. It will be nice to see it painted.

Cut the basic shapes:
P6200461.jpg

Cardboard scaffolding on the main body. Cardboard is such a terrible thing to cut.
P6200463.jpg

Since this is a big gun, I'm going to glue the two sides together and keep it pressed for a couple of hours. Will work on my next helmet in the meanwhile.

Very Nice M6G you got there, I hope and think the DMR will turn out as nice as the pistol!
Looking forward to see the DMR finished, And I wanna let you know that I have start on a M6G pistol myself after seeing yours!

Thanks for the inspiration
good luck on the DMR!

Very nice work on the guns, as much as you have gotten done in that short amount of time when the heck do get time to sleep, but really great work keep it up

these build are amazing what tools are you using?

Thanks!

Here's a list of what I use:
  • cardboard (from boxes)
  • craft foam
  • super glue (for the foam)
  • hot glue gun (for the cardboard)
  • foam board 3/16" thickness
  • cardstock (for fine detailing)
  • nuts, bolts, nails and screws I found around the apt

Those are the main things; anything else is just junk I find around the house/apt.

Very Nice M6G you got there, I hope and think the DMR will turn out as nice as the pistol!
Looking forward to see the DMR finished, And I wanna let you know that I have start on a M6G pistol myself after seeing yours!

Thanks for the inspiration
good luck on the DMR!

I'm glad you've started on your own M6! Be sure to keep us posted!

damn. wish i could do something like that. i really am a noob.

I am quite the noob myself. I've never built weapons from scratch before, and there's plenty of great help on the 405th. So if I can do it, you can too!!

Thanks everyone for all your comments/encouragements.
I just got back from work, so after doing some cleaning, I'll keep you guys updated on the DMR. I'm going to my parents' tomorrow (where all my supplies are at) so I'll be able to work on fine-detailing/priming/painting the M6 then.

Thanks!

Here's a list of what I use:
  • cardboard (from boxes)
  • craft foam
  • super glue (for the foam)
  • hot glue gun (for the cardboard)
  • foam board 3/16" thickness
  • cardstock (for fine detailing)
  • nuts, bolts, nails and screws I found around the apt

what i meant was what kind of TOOLS do you use meaning knifes, scissors, exacto knife etc.

what i meant was what kind of TOOLS do you use meaning knifes, scissors, exacto knife etc.

All I'm using are scissors and a dull x-acto knife.

Filled in some cracks with bondo and sanded it down; I put on the first layer of prime on one side...came out splotchy because the wind was taking away all my paint. Not too worried, as I plan on doing several layers.
P6220468.jpg

Testing some of the colors I have; realized I never bought a silver silver spray paint...probably get it tomorrow.
P6220467.jpg

This is looking really good, I cannot wait to see the DMR! I myself was wondering how I was going to do weapons because I have no knowledge of wood or metal crafting and I am pretty sure you solved my problem! Thanks!

hey thanks testdrive! ive been studying up on your approach. think im going to take your idea and do a weapon like that! love dmrs so i hope it comes out awsome.

While waiting for the prime to dry, I was testing out some painting to get the shiny/worn metal effect.
P6220469.jpg

I was really nervous because the prime looked horrible on the gun, and the pain was beginning to dissolve the foam in the foam boards.
I put on 3 coats of a satin black finish, though, and it looked much better. Still not sure what I'm going to do about the dissolved foam bits, but I'll figure that part out later. The other side is dry and looking uniform. This side is still pretty wet and you can see splotches, but from what I can tell, if you spray evenly, it'll dry evenly. Also, I've discovered you need very strong hand muscles to operate spray paints for more than half an hour. I'm going to be sore tomorrow.
P6220477.jpg

I'll let that all dry overnight and I'll start painting in the details tomorrow. Excited!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back