HaloGoddess' Pepakura and Foam Template Models

Status
Not open for further replies.

HaloGoddess

Yup! Believe it! I have learned to model in Blender! muwahahahaaa lol I'm still NOT that good at all, but I am trying my best. I feel that I understand enough to figure out how to model something. :) For those of you that saw my Kat Foam Build, I was the one that modeled that tactical case MYSELF! :p haha

Since I can be soooo picky about detail, I have decided to try and just model the stuff myself, even though I am not that good at this yet, I still feel that I did a good job on that tactical case and included quite a bit of the detail to make it as accurate as possible.

For now, I just have this one model to post. XD I am working on another model and have already put HOURS into it. I am hoping to have it ready soon. :) I think the girls will like this one too. ;)

Since I will be posting models to be used for pep AND foam templates, I will give the link and list whether it's the foam template or the regular pep unfold.

Kat's Tactical Hard Case
Foam Template: http://www.4shared.com/file/UoEDxfkn/KatTacticalCaseFoamTemplate_Mo.html

I don't know how to create those thumbnail images like you see in the Official Reach pep Thread. If I did, I would post a little image too. XD

Last edited by a moderator:
That's fantastic!! Great job, I will def be adding that to my daughters Kat costume for Halloween.

Lookie what I got!

birv9f.jpg

jqn668.jpg

This was HARD!!! I actually ended up taking the ab plate from the file I had my buddy make for me, TheDigitalFix, and added it to this one. I LOVE his ab plate design and I slightly edited it. The ab plate IS a seperate piece. I feel it's better that way anyway. :p Also, since I can't make the little circles all too well yet, I imported L3X's female chestplate he edited for me and took the circle area on the top part of the chestplate and added those in, plus I changed them since I have seen them made differently in other reference pics (i.e: the live action). Also, to help me get the overall shape a little better since areas of my reference pic were covered by Kat's arm, I "traced" over L3X's model and added my own vertices then moved them into place. I also wanted to do it that way so I could focus on one half of the model and then simply mirror it once it was done.

My underarmor area around the arm is sort of crappy, but I think if it was constructed out of foam and pushed into place, it might look okay. XD I also edited the "neck seal" to match more of the in game reference pics that I got. L3X's model has a small gap between the seal and the armor of the chestplate, but according to my reference pics, that gap doesn't exist so I changed that. I also added what I feel is a pretty detailed lower back area. It's actually my FAVORITE part of the whole model. I don't really like the rest of it, but I'm proud of myself. :p

I will start unfolding this now. Since I am tired from a long day at work and don't have off until Thursday, the unfolded version should be available sometime later that evening. :)

I use 3d Studio Max since 2003. Since when do you use blender? I think your work is amazing, how long did it take you to learn it? I am modeling my armor itself too. may you take a look at it and leave a comment. See link in signature

Nice job! I am learning how to model in Maya 2012 myself in hopes of making some Reach UNSC trooper pep files.

Hey HaloGoddess, that Tactical Case is amazing, any chance you could release an unfold of it for regular pep work?

I really like what youve done with the torso! it looks really nice! Im actually doing an overhaul on my versions because i found some new references. So you might have some competition out there for a nice torso :)

Hey HaloGoddess, that Tactical Case is amazing, any chance you could release an unfold of it for regular pep work?

I plan on it. :)

I really like what youve done with the torso! it looks really nice! Im actually doing an overhaul on my versions because i found some new references. So you might have some competition out there for a nice torso :)

Well the chestplate shown there is for the male torso. Mine is for the females. :p Besides, I'm not exactly that good at modeling either. I mean come on! Gimme a break! That torso is ONLY my 2nd model ever! XD

Just started assembling a test paper model of your torso. Does this mean I should wait until you make the new torso? :p Either way awesome work so far and those reference pictures are drool worthy, if your torso ends up matching those then wow!

HaloGoddess,
What reference pics did you use for the Kat hard case?

I am working on making a case and need details. My search came up with just armour but no case.
thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back