Halogoddess's Hayabusa Build

Status
Not open for further replies.
nice your almost finish with your suit... is it the visor your waiting for? hmmm cant wait to see it all finished :D great job and keep up the great work.

computergeek said:
Is this what I think it is?

Oh and nice shoes! (well everything is awesome, the shoes are just the latest thing to comment on)

Well, if you're thinking what I think your thinking, then ssshhhh........keep it to yourself cause it's a surprise! lol :D

Anyway, MORE updates! YAY!

The handplates are FINALLY done! If you look back to the pictures I first posted of the one handplate I did, that was all I had of it until now! XD I finished both handplates and those are such a pain!

2ytwax4.jpg

At this point, I only have to do a few smaller detail pieces to some of the other parts to my armor and then build the other forearm. I have just about everything pepped! :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Holy crap, you are just zippin right along there. I'm seriously laggin, having only half-bondoed my stupid helmet that doesn't even fit... can't get my fat head through the hole since I fiberglassed it.

Today is a very happy day for me!! :D

Remember that little present I was talking about? Well, it did come today as expected and I was so happy!! And of course I said I would show pictures, so here they are!

34jek5f.jpg

51vlhu.jpg

Since I want this to look a little more accurate, I am thinking about painting the white parts on the handle to black. I have an idea in mind as to how I will do it so that I get no black paint on the red fabric, but I'm not sure how long the paint will last for. I also don't even know how well the paint will adhere to it, but I am not too concerned with that right now.

My other big concern............how in the world am I going to make this thing attach to to the piece I need to custom build to hold it on my back!? :eek

nice sword! great job on all the peps, I've had trouble finding a good scale for the boots.. mine seem to be too tall. Yours are looking nice though, everything so neat!

Nice! I'd ignore the white eel skin in the handle. Painting them would be a travisty, though that's likely not an Edo period blade, so I guess it doesn't matter. You might want to just use a long strap that goes from the top of the scabbard, down the neck of the armor, out the bottom, then attaches to the bottom of the armor. Unless you want to drill holes in your armor, in which case, you can use those strap fasteners, and some clippy buckles. that's pretty sparkley though, what'd it run you?

Quartermain3000 said:
Nice! I'd ignore the white eel skin in the handle. Painting them would be a travisty, though that's likely not an Edo period blade, so I guess it doesn't matter. You might want to just use a long strap that goes from the top of the scabbard, down the neck of the armor, out the bottom, then attaches to the bottom of the armor. Unless you want to drill holes in your armor, in which case, you can use those strap fasteners, and some clippy buckles. that's pretty sparkley though, what'd it run you?

Well, the sword was pretty cheap. It ran me under $40 total and that includes the cost of shipping! :D

As for drilling holes into my armor, I already plan on that! XD haha I am going to build the little scabbard piece so that I can hold the sword on my back. Since I LOVE having the sword there, I won't ever have to worry about holes being seen if I were to go without the sword, but in case I do plan to be swordless, I already have plans in mind on how to plug up the holes. I'm crafty like that so having holes drilled into my chestplate is NOT an issue.

Plus, with the scabbard in place, it will make it MUCH easier for me to peace bond the sword when I go to conventions.

:eek drools & drools a bit more :eek that's a nice looking blade & will be a fine addition to your suit

Cheers

HaloGoddess said:
Today is a very happy day for me!! :D

Remember that little present I was talking about? Well, it did come today as expected and I was so happy!! And of course I said I would show pictures, so here they are!

34jek5f.jpg

51vlhu.jpg

Since I want this to look a little more accurate, I am thinking about painting the white parts on the handle to black. I have an idea in mind as to how I will do it so that I get no black paint on the red fabric, but I'm not sure how long the paint will last for. I also don't even know how well the paint will adhere to it, but I am not too concerned with that right now.

My other big concern............how in the world am I going to make this thing attach to to the piece I need to custom build to hold it on my back!? :eek

You can try something like this...

r-flag-small2.jpg

That is a flag pole mount. They come in diff variations and I have one that is slightly diff than this one. They will need to be modified a bit but you have the skill for that.

Ithica

Failing that, a bit of a poo around in your favourite 3D modelling programme might pull up some answers. I took a gander at the references on the Pep Wiki, and it looks like it's mounted to a little block.

Ithica said:
You can try something like this...

r-flag-small2.jpg

That is a flag pole mount. They come in diff variations and I have one that is slightly diff than this one. They will need to be modified a bit but you have the skill for that.

Ithica

Ya know, I was thinking of something VERY similar to that, but what I had in mind was those clamp things that are commonly used to hold together exhaust pipes on cars.

Like these things:

Breeze_product_overview_1_std.jpg

I was just going to use it to wrap around the sword and my fiance was going to make something so that I can then connect it to the scabbard to hold my sword in place. :)

Good ideas, all... Though for myself, I'd probably take Arcanine's suggestion, and make some cool aparatus that hooks onto the back, and grabs on to the scabbard, using that little thingy that's already on it to grab on to. And I'd make it look super coolio.

I'd probably throw somethin together tomorrow, but I gotta go pretend to be a soldier this weekend... fun stuff.

Quartermain3000 said:
Good ideas, all... Though for myself, I'd probably take Arcanine's suggestion, and make some cool aparatus that hooks onto the back, and grabs on to the scabbard, using that little thingy that's already on it to grab on to. And I'd make it look super coolio.

I'd probably throw somethin together tomorrow, but I gotta go pretend to be a soldier this weekend... fun stuff.

Ummm.........that's what I am doing. That was my original plan to begin with, but I just needed something to wrap around the sheath since it can't magically float in place. :pI'm doing my sword the same way it is in the game.

This build keeps the awesome coming. It motivates me to get some of my own stuff done. I can't wait to see the finished product. Do you have any plans to make some conventions, like, say, Dragon Con?

UNSC_Leatherneck said:
This build keeps the awesome coming. It motivates me to get some of my own stuff done. I can't wait to see the finished product. Do you have any plans to make some conventions, like, say, Dragon Con?

I do plan on going to a convention, but Dragon Con is out of the question since I can't afford to travel. Basically, if it's more than 2 hours away from me, I can't go. :( And since I live in michigan, there is crap for conventions around here. There is only one, big decent convention that happens once a year and I plan on going again. It will be my SECOND time I have ever been to a convention! :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back