Halogoddess's Hayabusa Build

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quartermain3000 said:
But but but...

I heard that super glue, etc will disolve when you glass over it. And my glue gun sets up in seconds... niiiiice, just messy.

I've used super glue and had no problems at all. But I didn't use the tabs all that much, I just applied it to the seams.

P.S. I appologize for this being on HaloGoddess's thread.

Last edited by a moderator:
Macattack64 said:
I've used super glue and had no problems at all. But I didn't use the tabs all that much, I just applied it to the seams.

P.S. I appologize for this being on HaloGoddess's thread.

I appologize too HGoddess... I feel ashamed for turding on your topic.

Keep going with the updates though, it looks fantastical so far. :D

TINY UPDATE:

Yes, we ALL should know that my updates/progress has been slow. I guess you can say that I am pacing myself! lol XD Also because of the weather, I can't really resin anything. There is so much snow and I have no where outside to really set the stuff up to resin it. I have some nice big mountains of snow in my tiny yard! It's awesome! /sarcasm :p

Anyway, JUICE made a forearm for me since the regular file was WAY too big. I could fit both of my arms in one forearm piece! ROFL So, I now have a slimmer version and it fits quite nicely and I can get it on with no problems. I still need to finish up a few smaller pieces, but most of it is put together.

JUICE also had it unfolded already, but the first print out was a little too smal AND I had a hard time trying to pep some of the pieces so I rescaled it AND changed the unfolded file and did it MY way. haha :p

So, here are pics:

2pynjoy.jpg

6hjgpw.jpg

2lad18z.jpg

Oh, and I use a glue stick for my glue. :p

The scaling on that looks great! you have some major pepping skills and i am quite jealous. :)

I love JUICE's models, everything is so simple yet precise and accurate. Those custom forearms will really add to the uniqueness of your suit. This is an exciting build for sure. Don't get too discouraged because its taking a long time though.

Cant wait to see this finished!

I'm happy that it worked out for ya HG. Looks good.

This isn't one of my models. It's Nuggets. I just tweaked it a little for her. Sorry Nugget, I forgot to ask about modding it.

Nice to see that you've gotten the forearm to work out. Out of curiousity, are you planning to try to make a Kat suit (lol bit of a double entendre) in time for the release, or will you just do your hayabusa. Anyway, everything is looking pretty sweet, and I think the yellow (if you're still planning on doing that color) will be awesome! (Don't see too many yellow spartans out there :lol .)

Cheers!

Agreed... it looks great.

Funny story time: Yesterday I spent pretty much all day doing modeling and pepping, so last night I had a dream about it (weird, huh...), anyhoo... in the dream I was telling somone how I assembled the peped parts, and for some odd reason, I told them that I used a glue stick. I actually use a glue gun, but it's funny because I asked you (HGoddess) what you use before, and you just today said it was a glue stick... funny huh???

...I guess you had to be there...

Sniperbaas392 said:
Nice to see that you've gotten the forearm to work out. Out of curiousity, are you planning to try to make a Kat suit (lol bit of a double entendre) in time for the release, or will you just do your hayabusa. Anyway, everything is looking pretty sweet, and I think the yellow (if you're still planning on doing that color) will be awesome! (Don't see too many yellow spartans out there :lol .)

Cheers!

I would LOVE to build Kat's armor for the release, but there don't seem to be enough pep files for her yet. :( Plus trying to figure out how to really pull off that prosthetic arm is going to be tricky.

And yes, I still plan on doing yellow. My armor in the game has been yellow ever since H3 came out, and my emblem has been the same as well.....or at least it still had the same "sun" look to it, but I found a better way to create my "sun" emblem and I plan on including the emblem on my armor as well. :p

Now for a slight update: I am re-doing my chestplate. The reason for that is because it has been hanging on a hanger for a long time now and because of that, the paper has warped. Also because the HD MKVI chest plate has detail on the front that my build does not have and I want all the extra detail. :pMy belt was also on a hanger and warped, but I was able to easily fix that and so I don't have to re-do my belt, but I didn't think I would need to anyway. :p

HaloGoddess said:
I would LOVE to build Kat's armor for the release, but there don't seem to be enough pep files for her yet. :( Plus trying to figure out how to really pull off that prosthetic arm is going to be tricky.

well you could always disregard the prosthetic arm and just use both her good arm :D Kat's state before the accident. lols

raziel1981 said:
well you could always disregard the prosthetic arm and just use both her good arm :D Kat's state before the accident. lols

LOL It's funny you say that because I was actually thinking that at one point! haha But I have also discovered that since my arms are pretty small, I might be able to build something around my arm, but try to keep my arm looking small to give the illusion of a prosthetci and hopefully when I make the armor for my other arm, it will make my arm look larger, thus giving the illusion that my right arm is the prosthetic! :D

Anyways, how about some updates? :p

So, I finally got around to redoing the chest plate since my previous one warped from hanging on a hanger for too long. Besides, I also wanted all the little detail on the front part of the chest so I decided to just build another one. I also got much further this time because if you look at the pictures from the first one, I didn't get any further from what you saw! XD haha

I knew my hair was long, but dang! lol And I am even looking down and my hair STILL covers that much of the back! All that purdy detail is hidden! lol

2us8uo3.jpg

Ah, here we go. Much better! Now you can fully see the back! :p

50ozyf.jpg

And here is a side/front view.

2wlztat.jpg

It fit's pretty good and I like it! I still have a few more small detail pieces to add as you can clearly see by looking at the pictures. The center back detail was a pain in the %@! to do!! XD But I think I did it pretty good. I just hope that when I get to the bondo stage I will be able to sill make all the detail show! XD

Also, the weather seems to slowly be warming up. The 4 foot hills of snow in my yard have begun to melt away and are about 1 foot now! :) Most of the grass in my yard is visible so you know what that means.........resining season is coming!! :D haha

Hey, She's back! Its looking great! The pep looks like it is scaled just right and you got the details great, those little guys can be murder to try and pep, but you did great!

Well guys, I finally have TWO shoes now! haha I still have to add some of the little detail, but at least I got this far! :) I call them Lady Mjolnir's! HAHA :D

2hz06mx.jpg

sngl6o.jpg

xaypty.jpg

So far, I still have to make the other handplate, make the other forearm and finish the current forearm. I am looking to have this 100% complete by May 13th!!! :eek Will I make it?? I hope so!

Also, I am looking forward to having a nice little present delivered tomorrow. I will be showing pictures of it too since it goes with my costume! :D

HaloGoddess said:
Also, I am looking forward to having a nice little present delivered tomorrow. I will be showing pictures of it too since it goes with my costume! :D

Is this what I think it is?

Oh and nice shoes! (well everything is awesome, the shoes are just the latest thing to comment on)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back