Have A Question? Dont Bother With A Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm looking for the ODST recon armor, I want to find all the filles to do it all, would like HD files if posible
can somone help a noob out, I just need the files i know all about the resin and fiberglassing and bondoing.

I currently have the helmet, chest, shoulders, forearms, thighs, and magnum put together.
I am going to order resin online so can anyone tell me how much would be able to cover an entire suit, the magnum and sniper rifle?
I would like to know which brand would be the best and which bondo to get.
Any and all help is appreciated.

Hi, new to 405th but not entirely to the armor making. I built a helmet, high detail, and it didn't come out very well. Lobsided and sagging. I also build the chestpiece, low detail, which was very frustrating as it was one piece and hard to get on.

Three questions-
1: I didn't put in the paper visor on the helmet, did this affect the sagging lopsided-ness of it?
2: How is it suggested I make the chest/back so it is two pieces that go together well, without much difficulty?
3: Kinda random, but how many layers of resin would it take for the armor to withstand a paintball, and would Bondo affect how well that part worked?

Any extra tips would be appreciated. Thanks.

P.S.- I found mark V armor on the halo costuming wiki- it looks very easy, so I'm wondering if anyone else has built it, could they tell me if its worth the time? Or is the lack of detail so bad its not worth my time?

Hi i used to know this site pretty well until they changed it so i don't know my way around like i used to. i want to build Shining Gundam Mobile Suit costume out of the pepakura method and the fibreglassing and resining and the whole deal. i was wondering if anyone of the more experienced people on the site could help me out. thanks for your time

Hi, new to 405th but not entirely to the armor making. I built a helmet, high detail, and it didn't come out very well. Lobsided and sagging. I also build the chestpiece, low detail, which was very frustrating as it was one piece and hard to get on.

Three questions-
1: I didn't put in the paper visor on the helmet, did this affect the sagging lopsided-ness of it?
2: How is it suggested I make the chest/back so it is two pieces that go together well, without much difficulty?
3: Kinda random, but how many layers of resin would it take for the armor to withstand a paintball, and would Bondo affect how well that part worked?

Any extra tips would be appreciated. Thanks.

P.S.- I found mark V armor on the halo costuming wiki- it looks very easy, so I'm wondering if anyone else has built it, could they tell me if its worth the time? Or is the lack of detail so bad its not worth my time?

i had the same problem with leaving the visor out. but when i tried again with the visor in it was much much straighter

il finish reading this all later but good job with the wrighting i feel the post deserves its own cind of respect, thanks for the heads up

Ok I have a noob question. How do y'all talk to people with your helmets on? Do you just shout back and forth to your friends? Take off your helmet to have a conversation and only put it back on for the photos/walking around? Install a speaker system?

You know, in the early stages of my helmet the "HOLY CRAP IM BUILDING HALO ARMOR :)" stage, I figured I could dismantle a walkie talkie and put the parts inside, with some batteries in custom holders in the backpack. Kinda like with LED's, but harder. If you read my first post, you know that never came to pass.

100801-211550.jpg

100801-211545.jpg

100801-211535.jpg

100801-211528.jpg

For any who may care, this is the Mark V helmet, an EXTREMELY easy build, with only twenty six pieces (base size). This is the base size, and it doesn't fit ANYONE's head, but since it was so easy, I think this armor set is great for anyone who wants to gain some experience building, and it looks decent too. When I have the one that should fit me finished I will post that one.

By the way, some tips- The visor is seperate, and has to be dragged in to the print pages. Therefore, it doesn't have any tabs to hook to the helmet with. I cut part of the sides away so it could be glued on, and I think it turned out ok.

Hey all, I was wondering if I am the only one getting this problem:

When I click a link to a thread on this forum either in google or on the site it redirects me to the main page. Why is the happening and how can I stop it?

Thanks!

Hey all, I was wondering if I am the only one getting this problem:

When I click a link to a thread on this forum either in google or on the site it redirects me to the main page. Why is the happening and how can I stop it?
The recent forum upgrade/migration caused all prior links to be broken and as a result, you get re-directed to the main page. Try using the search function instead.

Yeah since the upgrade I can't find any thing.. can some one help me find a link or help taking my clay model and making a plaster version? I was told before it would help me iron out all the bumps and in the end I would have a higher quality model. Then I could go on to make the plastic model..

In case its important I'm finally ready to spend the money and cast my Gray Fox helmet. So I need it to be as smooth as possible.

Restarting Halo Spartan Armor: Mark armor: unknown

Hey BlackRose i need help on restarting my armor. in other words i started working on my armor again because i was busy so i need help on rescaling my armor i dont know my mark o f the armor so if you can help me please ill give u more info on armor and details. thanks for your time please pm me thanks again.

hey guys, complete noob here
im working on my first build
peping the chest and Ive run in to a problem
i scaled it as everyone has recommended and it fits fine
it looks great
buttt
the problem is when i go to put it on, i have to bend the top hole that my head goes through when putting it on. . . and i want to find the answer before glassing the inside

-is this a typical problem or does this need to be bigger?
[note - it looks in size once my head is through and any bigger pushes being too bulky]

is the chest piece supposed to be made in two pieces that are fastened together when putting the suit on?

or is there another answer i'm just not getting

little background - i"m building carters suit from reach and hope to be done before the release night
I'm well on my way to that goal and its attainable
my helm is done - everything else is pep'd or being pep'd now
and Ive stream lined my process with the help of my girl
the under suit is another unknown
everything in the forum about it is a dead link or not helpful at all
any little advice you could throw my way from your own experiences on either topic would be very appreciated

thanks - godlessN00B

Hey noob to pep but not really to armoring I'm almost find with a clone trooper commander suit and hopefully a 501st member and I'm trying to get the ball rolling on another project I'm kind of interested in either doing a iron man or halo master chief I was recommend to this site by a buddy just a few questions are some of these pep programs MAC compatible? And two where about do I specifically need to look for some pep files I don't wanna get the wrong ones or peev someone off for taking there hard work. Like I said I'm not really ready to start a new project just yet but just trying to get my feet a little wet before i jump into the next one I'm gonna be cruising these threads more but just thought id ask a few things first thanks if you need to email me just hot me up at dennybobbutt@yahoo.com thanks

GodlessNOOB, I'm kind of a noob myself but I did do a helmet and had a huge problem after I fiberglassed it because of your exact problem. I would resize because the fiberglass is not going to budge at all and when when I did mine this was the first and biggest problem I encountered.

Good luck another thing that would of help me is make sure each piece of fiberglass is soaked don't half ass it. ;)

hey g0dlesshe4then, most people harden the chest piece (with the small neck hole) then just dremel around the edge to a size thats more comfortable.
for my suit i actually cut before i hardened so i could test it..
but its up to you really :)

also the chest is best built as one piece then once hardened (so it doesnt warp) then you cut it into 2 pieces.
and for undersuits, most people use motorcycle pressure suits.. i used one and its pretty good. you could always make your own though.. thats what im doing for my kat build :p

if you run into any more problems feel free to leave a message on my wall or something :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back